1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Missouri Other

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2021, 08:58 PM   #1
Branson Junkie
Super Ultra Member

What's Up!!!

Sometime in the mid-80's we came to Branson and could not get to shows or anywhere it seemed because of the traffic. I vowed then not to return, and we didn't for nearly 20 years. We returned in early 2000's and loved everything about Branson. Since then we've made 2 or more trips here each year. This year though we picked the wrong week. I know we're exciting people, but did everyone else in the world have to come this week just so they could see us. Anyway, the traffic and waiting for dining is unbelievable. Glad business is good for the merchants, but for us it's less than desirable. At any rate, we'll be back next year, though not this week.
Old 10-17-2021, 06:21 PM   #2
KJN
Super Ultra Member

I've seen on Facebook how busy it's been this past week. On Saturday SDC was posting to come after 6:00p.m. as the park was full.
Old 10-17-2021, 09:43 PM   #3
VictoriasMom
Ultra Member

Yes, Branson was super busy.

This weekend and past week had the War Eagle Arts and Craft Fair going on in NW Arkansas (always the 3rd weekend in October, over 300,000 expected this year), Collector Car Auction in Branson and then Oklahoma schools were on Fall Break.

EVERY type of lodging was booked for Friday night.

Last edited by VictoriasMom; 10-17-2021 at 09:48 PM.
Old 10-18-2021, 09:31 AM   #4
OkieAnon

I would think some of it might be people stayed home last year with the covid scare and are now wanting to get out.

It also sounds like the pumpkin fest is becoming real popular at sdc.

Would love go to sdc Christmas festival but think skip this year. Will be in Branson Thanksgiving both looking forward to it and dreading the crowds.
Old 10-19-2021, 06:47 AM   #5
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

We were in town last week on Wednesday and Thursday nights. There were several no vacancy signs on motels on SOTH Expressway. We stayed at the Barrington (our usual place since 2020) and there were 2 bus tours plus more vehicles in the lot than I have ever seen there.

We were also in Branson for 2 nights mid-week the week before. Had a bus tour at the Barrington then, too.

There have been several big name concerts including the Oak Ridge Boys at the Mansion this month, some mid-week.

SDC is short-handed, dining is short-handed, lodging is short-handed.
Old 10-19-2021, 03:48 PM   #6
82corvette
Ultra Member

Traffic was miserable & courtesy went away. People would not let you onto the strip & lots of middle fingers were flying
Old 10-19-2021, 11:13 PM   #7
Branson Junkie
Super Ultra Member

We leave in the morning, and for the first time in 15+ years I'm actually glad to be leaving for home. Traffic and crowds made the first 3 or 4 days very trying. I hate to complain because I know these shows and restaurants need customers after the hit they've taken with covid, but it was frustrating for us. We've been here enough that we feel like we know some back ways to avoid the traffic jams, but that didn't always help this time. We also learned that there are lots of labor shortages too, which compounds the problems for everyone.

My other disappointment was the cancellation of Gene Watson's show. As I said earlier, I'm relieved that his announced health issue isn't likely to be serious, but it was the reason we were coming.

At any rate, we'll likely be back next year, but I'm hoping this won't happen again.

Closed Thread