1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Just for Chit Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 01:51 PM   #1
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Mother's Day on the Lake

After cooking breakfast for the Mum of the house, we decided to invite Jimmy John to lunch on the lake. The adventure started with the discovery of the seasons first copperhead floating by the dock in a serious state of dead.
The lake surface temp jumped up to 74 in just a few days and lots of people were taking a swim. I still need about 4 degrees to get me in. The water seemed to be quite a bit clearer than it ever was last year.
The Dewey Short guys have installed their dock and slips outside the visitors center again, so if you are looking for a new adventure you can dock there and walk to the center for a look at the displays.
I mentioned there were lots of people swimming from the State Park shoreline, in fact, I had never seen so many. Looked like every square foot that is "picnicable" was occupied, and many of those folks were in the water.
Trouble is, some swimmers were out quite a distance and were in the area where many boats go from A to B, some at a high rate of speed. If you are treading water with a little chop, the top of your head is hard to see. Be careful.
Old 05-15-2018, 12:20 PM   #2
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Sounds like a good day on the Lake. I think we are all anxious to do Summer things.
Thanks for all the interesting details you put into your posts. They are enjoyable to read.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:25 PM   #3
quackaerie

I would love to do that someday with my family.

Closed Thread