1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Just for Chit Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 04:30 PM   #1
can'tcatchup
Super Ultra Member

RAIN, glorious RAIN

I just had to announce that it started raining in South St. Louis County about a half hour ago. Of course, this is after I spent half the day sprinkling parts of my lawn that look beyond recovery! (This is a new complex, and already our underground sprinklers are NOT working!)

This has been our 3rd driest spring in history! We really need this.
Old 06-08-2005, 04:57 PM   #2
gbranmtns
Super Ultra Member

I wish it would start raining here in West TN. My yard is looking bad.
Old 06-09-2005, 05:52 AM   #3
VBeason
Super Ultra Member

Wish we could send you part of what we got this weekend and again last night, just minus the wind, etc. We drove in very early this morning and lots of people in KC with out power right now. Lots of limbs down. We had winds gusting to 90 mph last night about 9:30. No tornadoes, just high flat winds. We have a chance for more this evening. We'll see. I was too chicken to go downstairs in my basement to see if we had water like we did last weekend. Luckily we have stuff up on blocks because of the times we've had water in the past. They have been doing a lot of work on the various storm drains/sewers in our area, and they just don't drain right now like they should, or they are filled up with the runoff more so because there is no grass to slow down the flow. We may actually get ahead of the rainfall for this time of the year in KC, but we know how it can switch and be dry as a desert here. I hope you all get the rain you need without the violent stuff.

Vickie
Old 06-09-2005, 06:34 AM   #4
Double Mom
Packer Fan

Tues. night was a real stormy one around here...we had hail 2 different times, lots of thunder, lighting, & high winds. We had funnel clouds forming all over, 2 that touched down. One formed just up the road from our place...it was a hectic night. I unplugged everything except the one small t.v. and kept listening to the weather updates, much calmer last night!
Old 06-09-2005, 07:44 AM   #5
VBeason
Super Ultra Member

Where are our Iowa folks? I know they had a bad one move through yesterday afternoon. Had a call from a customer who was in his basement using his cell phone and said that was one of the worst storms he'd seen as long as he'd lived in the Fairfield, IA area.

Vickie
Old 06-09-2005, 07:53 AM   #6
ggh
Super User

I'm northeast of Branson - It's rained in Branson, and it's rained North of me, it's rained to the west, and it's rained to the east - there are actually flood warnings in neighboring counties - but we havent gotten enough rain her to do anything but knock the dust off the cars.

I have a hammock hanging in a tree in my yard, so far, it hasn't rained hard enough to get the hammock damp - the oak tree it's hanging in has protected it... I need a rain gauge, but I'm sure I've not had a accumulated 1/4 inch of rain while the storms have danced around us in all directions the last few days.

Weird summer storms!
Old 06-09-2005, 07:58 AM   #7
OkieAnon

anybody gets more than they need.... send it my way, we need it bad.
Old 06-09-2005, 08:05 AM   #8
fours
Catch Cyclone Fever!

Geesh.....I'm sick of rain....since the last week in May (when in Colorado) I've been in rain or snow everyday. Yesterday the storm blew through here pretty quick not much damage here. Predicting storms everyday thru Sunday....

According to the radar Vickie...it sure looked like KC was getting hit really hard...yesterday. Anchor down and stay safe.
Old 06-09-2005, 08:19 AM   #9
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

Thumbs up

THANK YOU GOD !!!!
Day before yesterday we got ONE INCH......grass is only half high to the fences.....by not it should be hiding the top row of barbed wire........

The maters are doing the macarana......woohoo woohoo they are singing..they love natural irrigation.......that well water is cold ekkkkkkkkk.

We NEEDED THIS RAIN SOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD. The Toe Jerkers put on TWO feet in the lawn..........no pun intended.
Did I already type this in another thread?.......hehehehehhehe.........
The Dandilions are green as gourds.

We REALLY LOVE TO GET RAIN.....the fire danger here was terrible in the woods.

Last night I waited for the 60 mph winds and hail........it was just TORNADO sky......clouds drooping..........but it went over, with just a few ice chunks.

Again today til next Monday....we might get SEVERE WEATHER....but we gotta chance it, just to get WET.

THANK YOU GOD !!!
Old 06-09-2005, 02:25 PM   #10
OkieAnon

we need rain, we REALLY need rain, but I dunno...

right now i'm in a;
thunderstorm watch
flood watch
tornado watch

the wheat trucks are sure coming to town right now, all the farmers hurrying to get it in before a hail storm gets it.
Old 06-09-2005, 07:07 PM   #11
can'tcatchup
Super Ultra Member

Vickie, when I posted that yesterday evening, I was so excited about the rain that I didn't even mention how windy it got right before and a couple rumbles of thunder during it, but nothing serious. Then on the 10 o'clock news I heard that parts of my area got pretty severe weather and there were some power outages too.

Now we're having rain again tonight ... started around 7 PM, and there's quite a bit of thundering going on too. It's wonderful after such a long dry spell. My dead grass has another chance at life maybe. But I'm afraid the tree I planted a few weeks ago, despite my soaking it, is a goner.
Old 06-09-2005, 07:40 PM   #12
jrnew
Tyler James is HERE!

We are in North Central Iowa up near Fort Dodge, rain seems to REALLY be helping the crops. I think in the last week the corn outside our front door has grown nearly a foot!

Though I hope it gives us just a BIT of a break tomorrow evening because our niece's high school graduation party is slated to be outside!
Old 06-10-2005, 07:32 AM   #13
OkieAnon

man oh man.... since last posting yesterday i've had it all

tornadoes to the east
tornadoes to the south
tornadoes to the west
an inch of rain in about 15 minutes
baseball size hail

supposed to do it again tonight and then again tomorrow
Old 06-10-2005, 07:46 AM   #14
ggh
Super User

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieAnon
man oh man.... since last posting yesterday i've had it all

tornadoes to the east
tornadoes to the south
tornadoes to the west
an inch of rain in about 15 minutes
baseball size hail

supposed to do it again tonight and then again tomorrow
OkieAnon -

I'm like you - we've had storms and flooding around us - but I've yet to get enough rain to quit watering my meager little flower bed - I listen to the news every day, and hear about the chances of rain, and where it's raining now, and I've seen the lightning, heard the thunder, read about flooding over low water bridges... but I'm really starting to smell, I need a shower! lol
Old 06-10-2005, 08:12 AM   #15
OkieAnon

I know all around us they've had these nice little showers, everything is green, but right here in NW Ok we hadn't got much of anything, then when it comes... it comes all at once. an inch in less than 30 minutes (we needed anything, so won't complain) fills the ponds, but runs right off the crops and yards.

if you melted the hail though we probably had more than an inch. big ice chuncks can do a lot of damage.

Closed Thread