1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Just for Chit Chat

Old 08-10-2018, 08:49 PM   #16
OkieAnon

SDC was great , food was great. There at opening, never was crowded. Left around 5.

Been relaxing this eve. Saw lot of lightening but never got to close.

Seeing the Ducks sitting idle is really strange.

Noticed lot of people checking into hotel traffic may pick up tomorrow.

Nothing really planned, prob do little shopping.
OkieAnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 09:31 AM   #17
OkieAnon

Tanger
Old 08-11-2018, 12:50 PM   #18
OkieAnon

Found everyone, everyone came to Branson and went to Famous Footwear..
Old 08-11-2018, 01:31 PM   #19
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieAnon View Post
Found everyone, everyone came to Branson and went to Famous Footwear..
Back to School?
Most Missouri schools start next Thursday.
I thought last weekend with the tax savings crowds was super busy.
Suselit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 08:09 PM   #20
OkieAnon

Watched the Sunday exodus today, be us tomorrow. Goofed around nothing exciting just a relaxing Sunday.

Noticed flowers removed front of Ducks
Old 08-13-2018, 09:12 AM   #21
OkieAnon

Get gas, head for home, looks like driving into heavy rain as go west yuck.
Old 08-13-2018, 10:25 AM   #22
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Get gas, head for home, looks like driving into heavy rain as go west yuck.
Safe travels home, Okie. I was thinking of you when I heard today's forecast. But we do need the rain....and hopefully not severe storms.
Old 08-13-2018, 02:08 PM   #23
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Have a safe trip Okie.

Hope you had a good time.

Branson Show Reviews by SHOW GAL

http://BransonShowGal.wordpress.com/
SHOW GAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 08:18 AM   #24
OkieAnon

stayed just ahead of the rain, good thing didn't stick around another hour or so in Branson or we'd have been right in it.

been back to work for an hour... I'm ready to go back to Branson.
Old 08-14-2018, 02:59 PM   #25
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

I am usually planning my next Branson trip while I am still in Branson!
Old 08-14-2018, 03:05 PM   #26
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
stayed just ahead of the rain, good thing didn't stick around another hour or so in Branson or we'd have been right in it.

been back to work for an hour... I'm ready to go back to Branson.
I know the feeling, labor day for me....
Old Yesterday, 08:51 AM   #27
OkieAnon

A quick Trip Report:

on the go a lot, here there everywhere it seemed so didn't worry a lot about where we ate and such but...

arrived, Denny's next door, ordered a pot roast sandwich and took back to hotel, pretty good.

Papa Johns nice mild evening ate a pizza on the outdoor tables watched the traffic go by. (btw, first I realized the hotel next door had changed to Baymont Inn)

Moe's southwest grill kind of like a Subway, go down the line and tell them what you want and what to put on it, first time stopped there, will go again, food was pretty good and large plate of it.

Arandas Mexican had some taco's there, very good but dang the service was slow that night and they weren't all that busy.

Gettn Basted, food was very good, brisket sandwich and homemade chips.

Went to SDC, one family member has back problems and needs a wheelchair so we hadn't been out in 3 or 4 years, lot of it is the same, some changes the Tater Patch area really had changed since our last visit. A big nod towards the gentleman working the handicap parking area and dropoff zone, very helpful. I had really missed SDC, felt good to go back.

Didn't see a show, a lot of them were dark this weekend, Pierce Arrow cancelled on us and couldn't find any 3;30 shows that appealed to us.

Spent a lot of time at Tanger, for small town folks like us the selection is nice, prices are nothing special though.

Want to put a plug in for the Vet Clinic west of SDC, Allphin I believe is the name, they have a kennel daycare as well and left our dog with them while we went to SDC, rates were great, place was very clean and help was very nice, wish they stayed open a little later had to leave SDC a bit earlier than would have liked but will use them again if need to.

Last edited by OkieAnon; Yesterday at 08:54 AM.
Old Yesterday, 12:01 PM   #28
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Thanks for the review Okie.
Glad to hear about Moe's Grill, I wonder about that place every time we drive by.
If you ever find yourself facing an afternoon show cancelling in the future, give "Hot Rods and High Heels" a shot. All morning or afternoon shows, and they are great.
Agree with you on the Vet clinic, use them a lot, always excellent service. Pups like them too.
Ya'll come back soon!
Old Yesterday, 12:59 PM   #29
OkieAnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DalmatianDad View Post
Thanks for the review Okie.
Glad to hear about Moe's Grill, I wonder about that place every time we drive by.
If you ever find yourself facing an afternoon show cancelling in the future, give "Hot Rods and High Heels" a shot. All morning or afternoon shows, and they are great.
Agree with you on the Vet clinic, use them a lot, always excellent service. Pups like them too.
Ya'll come back soon!
When I say Moe's was pretty good understand I'm comparing it to other fast food places, not to a real restaurant. the servings were large, no way I could have ate all the chips they put out for the nacho's.

We have left our dog at Camp Little Paws in the past and if going to a show will use them again because would hate to fight thru the SDC traffic to get to Allphin's but this time going to SDC decided to try them and wow was it easy to get to, just pull off the hwy, nice new clean brick building, walk in friendly folks, they gave us a 10.00 discount for being a new customer, we paid 8.00 for a day of doggy day care, they said they didn't have any other customers for the day so they put her in one of their luxury spots with a tv playing all day. If you are traveling with a pet and going to SDC nothing could be better and easier than this place... well maybe not nothing, read once where Dollywood had a kennel on site but that's too much to hope for.
Old Yesterday, 02:09 PM   #30
LaJoe
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
A quick Trip Report:

on the go a lot, here there everywhere it seemed so didn't worry a lot about where we ate and such but...

arrived, Denny's next door, ordered a pot roast sandwich and took back to hotel, pretty good.

Papa Johns nice mild evening ate a pizza on the outdoor tables watched the traffic go by. (btw, first I realized the hotel next door had changed to Baymont Inn)

Moe's southwest grill kind of like a Subway, go down the line and tell them what you want and what to put on it, first time stopped there, will go again, food was pretty good and large plate of it.

Arandas Mexican had some taco's there, very good but dang the service was slow that night and they weren't all that busy.

Gettn Basted, food was very good, brisket sandwich and homemade chips.

Went to SDC, one family member has back problems and needs a wheelchair so we hadn't been out in 3 or 4 years, lot of it is the same, some changes the Tater Patch area really had changed since our last visit. A big nod towards the gentleman working the handicap parking area and dropoff zone, very helpful. I had really missed SDC, felt good to go back.

Didn't see a show, a lot of them were dark this weekend, Pierce Arrow cancelled on us and couldn't find any 3;30 shows that appealed to us.

Spent a lot of time at Tanger, for small town folks like us the selection is nice, prices are nothing special though.

Want to put a plug in for the Vet Clinic west of SDC, Allphin I believe is the name, they have a kennel daycare as well and left our dog with them while we went to SDC, rates were great, place was very clean and help was very nice, wish they stayed open a little later had to leave SDC a bit earlier than would have liked but will use them again if need to.
Thanks for sharing.