1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Just for Chit Chat

Old 06-08-2019, 09:03 AM   #1
OkieAnon

There's a lot going on in Branson, how about some reports?

For those of us who haven't been to Branson in a few months how about some reports, drive us around town... help us picture in our minds what is happening progress wise on some of the new things like the Aquarium, the National Enquirer, the Science Museum thing where the Baldknobbers was, the LaQuinta Inn, the big Windmill, wasn't there supposed to be something new going in by the coaster across from Wal Mart... I know there's some I've forgot and besides the new what about the old, anyone got a new coat a paint, a remodel? I bet i'm not the only one wondering what things look like and how the progress is going.
OkieAnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 10:42 AM   #2
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Thumbs up HWY 86 Table Rock Bridge is Open Again

http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_...65fa8823c.html

Buffalo could fly if we would just stop eating their wings.
DalmatianDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 11:42 AM   #3
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieAnon View Post
For those of us who haven't been to Branson in a few months how about some reports, drive us around town... help us picture in our minds what is happening progress wise on some of the new things like the Aquarium, the National Enquirer, the Science Museum thing where the Baldknobbers was, the LaQuinta Inn, the big Windmill, wasn't there supposed to be something new going in by the coaster across from Wal Mart... I know there's some I've forgot and besides the new what about the old, anyone got a new coat a paint, a remodel? I bet i'm not the only one wondering what things look like and how the progress is going.
Branson Mom would have done that for you.
Miss her, miss Cheesecake, miss several good folks....
Suselit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 01:14 PM   #4
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Well OK Okie------Got a look at the new "Windmill" ride today. That thing is insane, 60 MPH insane . If you want me to ride it, take up a collection and when you hit a million bucks give me a call.
Also noticed that the aquarium now has walls, perhaps 10 to 15 feet tall.
First time this season on the water (Table Rock.) Water temp was 80 degrees and in general looked pretty good. With all the flooding and run off I expected to find a bunch of "stuff" in the water--but nothing.. Moonshine beach looked really good.

Buffalo could fly if we would just stop eating their wings.
DalmatianDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 07:52 AM   #5
OkieAnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DalmatianDad View Post
Well OK Okie------Got a look at the new "Windmill" ride today. That thing is insane, 60 MPH insane . If you want me to ride it, take up a collection and when you hit a million bucks give me a call.
Also noticed that the aquarium now has walls, perhaps 10 to 15 feet tall.
First time this season on the water (Table Rock.) Water temp was 80 degrees and in general looked pretty good. With all the flooding and run off I expected to find a bunch of "stuff" in the water--but nothing.. Moonshine beach looked really good.
because of some family stuff haven't made any plans for a Branson vacation, sure love posts like these that help a person almost picture what's going on over there.
Old 06-10-2019, 08:41 AM   #6
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

The National Enquirer Museum is well on it way. Opening later this month. Paula Deans restaurant is all under roof, finally. But it looks like there is still a lotto do.
New Sports Bar and Grill opened just a couple weeks ago in the old Time Out location in the Falls shopping center on 165. Was not impressed.
WonderWorks is starting to take shape, but still looks like a long way to go. One curious thing about the new aquarium on the Grd Palace property. All the building seems to be going on in the parking lot. Are they going to tie it into the Palace, or tear the building down.
Ducks are gone, and the new attraction in its place is open.
"Branson Top Ops will have a patriotic theme, along with an interactive outdoor maze, an indoor laser tag, retail space and other experiences."
SDC has removed the Lost River, Silver Lake, Dock Side stage, and other things in that area. Supposed to be a bigger, better lost river ride. Part of their quest to leave the 1880's, and become another Six Flags.
Looks like work was being done on the old Knights Inn at Green Mountain, and Wildwood. From all the things they said when the city closed them down I thought the "structural damage" was irreparable, and had to be torn down. Lone Star, acrosd the street is closed. I think that happened last Fall.
Jimmy Buffett's Landshark Bar & Grill is now open i the old Texas Land and Cattle location on the Landing.
Old 06-10-2019, 10:19 AM   #7
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

RJW1991A1...I also miss the Texas Land and Cattle company...prefer it MUCH over the new restaurant...maybe I'm just burned out on the "beach" scene bar and grills in Florida and California over the past years...or maybe it's as simple as the TLC had what I consider REAL food....and prepared very good, very consistently over the years...a relaxing place to cool off in the summer, or warm up in the winter...with the delicious aroma of their steaks grilling....
leftsaidted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 09:01 AM   #8
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

TLC did have good food. But the service was from spotty to horrid when I went there. The last straw was a server who was not there in mind. In fact she was tweekng on something so much I doubt she was even on this planet in mind, if she had any left at all.
Their leaving certainly didn't leave a gap at the landing with Saltgrass Steak House there now. Actually Saltgrass is a big improvement. Probably why TLC is gone.

Last edited by rjw1991A1; 06-11-2019 at 09:06 AM.
rjw1991A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 08:55 AM   #9
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

When we were coming back from Springfield Thursday evening, we drove back in to Branson from the west. The Branson skyline is so colorful now with the lights from the ferris wheel, the other lighted attraction at the Tracks, and Bigfoot.

Other things -- we noticed some guys on Wednesday evening working on the poles of the former sky rider ride -- that thing was open maybe 1 season? Looks like most of the construction is done at Shepherd of the Hills.

Construction continues at the Westgate Waterpark by Drafts but it doesn't look like much progress has taken place lately.

The refurbished Cascades Inn, now LaQuinta, on Shepherd of the Hills looks really nice on the outside. It is open. I noticed some woman walking her dogs outside the Baymont Inn on the Strip. Is the Baymont now pet friendly?

Apparently the Branson Central Theater (previously the Wildwood and several other names) is at least occasionally in use. Bill Chrastil had a show there Tuesday afternoon at 2 pm. Noticed it on the sign so I checked when I got home to see if it was current and it was.

Didn't drive down the main part of the strip on this trip, so can't give any reports on that.
biscuitcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 06:36 PM   #10
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

Noticed the Water Sports attraction, ie water bumper boats, that was in operation for many years, in front of the skating rink, is now completely gone..nothing but a bare gravel pad there now.

Also, for some reason I just noticed today, the Crescent Moon motel is apparently closed, even though the sign says open..?? Vacant all weekend, pool still empty. Hope it reopens. As I always thought it was a very cool place, eye catching old architecture, little private bungalows scattered about...Kinda romantic looking, in an old fashioned way, IMO.

Some kind of new attraction at the Landing opening soon...Blackbeard’s Adventure...down by the bowling alley..

Grand Palace parking lot is entirely enclosed by fencing making it very difficult for motorist to see what is going on...

Lots going on, lots of changes...drive down the strip during the day, you will be amazed what has happened since last summer...
leftsaidted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 06:12 AM   #11
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Alos Dont forget that the Ramada Inn complex.
All the building have been demo'd and most of the debris has been hauled of.. that area nows
The area between Dick clarks and Rowdy Beaver, sure looks different.

Also new zip lines at the Mountain Coaster on 165.. ( yes I know, not on 76)
Old 06-19-2019, 06:41 AM   #12
OkieAnon

Saw Facebook pics yesterday of the front of the Grand Palace coming down, story mentioned everything with wood had to be removed because of black mold.
Old 06-19-2019, 07:34 AM   #13
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieAnon View Post
Saw Facebook pics yesterday of the front of the Grand Palace coming down, story mentioned everything with wood had to be removed because of black mold.
Here's more about that from KY3:

https://www.ky3.com/content/news/Cre...511470611.html
biscuitcreek is offline   Reply With Quote