1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Living in Branson > Local Branson / Tri-Lakes Area Issues

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 12:47 AM   #1
MBLurker

Exclamation Stafford Theater Sold

Stafford's theater finally sold after numerous offers from local acts and others.

And the winner is:

Maria's Theater Group II LLC ! Address listed as J Wang @ St Louis Chinese Academy

Interestingly, Maria's Theater Group LLC currently owns the Majestic...Clay's old theater across from McDonalds
Old 01-14-2015, 08:44 AM   #2
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBLurker View Post
Stafford's theater finally sold after numerous offers from local acts and others.

And the winner is:

Maria's Theater Group II LLC ! Address listed as J Wang @ St Louis Chinese Academy

Interestingly, Maria's Theater Group LLC currently owns the Majestic...Clay's old theater across from McDonalds
I hope they have somebody ready to go in and entertain, But by the time they close and do repair work (if that happens), And get people in their, I would imagine it will be too late in the year. Hate to see another vacant bldg. on 76.
Old 01-14-2015, 09:34 AM   #3
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanddunerider View Post
I hope they have somebody ready to go in and entertain, But by the time they close and do repair work (if that happens), And get people in their, I would imagine it will be too late in the year. Hate to see another vacant bldg. on 76.
But it's already BEEN vacant, so it's not really "another" vacant building. It's been vacant for over a year.
Old 01-14-2015, 09:56 AM   #4
OkieAnon

Quote:

And the winner is:

thanks for the info.
Old 01-14-2015, 06:22 PM   #5
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransoncutie View Post
But it's already BEEN vacant, so it's not really "another" vacant building. It's been vacant for over a year.
Yep.! that's right...

So I will rephrase.. I hope they have shows to go into the theatre this year. Would be a shame if it continued to remain vacant for another season.
Old 01-14-2015, 06:57 PM   #6
Kalt
The Cold One

I don't mind some of these places being vacant as long as they keep the property maintained. One of the things that I think Branson has lost over the years is pride and showmanship on the strip.
Old 01-15-2015, 04:15 PM   #7
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

Agreed on the importance of keeping up the looks of things, but that costs money, and since the crash of 2008 most business's have had all they could financially handle just to keep the doors open and the lights on, no extra money for property improvements or grooming.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:14 PM   #8
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
most business's have had all they could financially handle just to keep the doors open
The worst eyesores are the properties where the doors aren't open, or there isn't even a building there to have doors.
Would that not be the responsibility of the city. To take what ever legal actions they can to force the property owners to clean up. Then if that doesn't get it done, it's up to the city itself to make things look better.
Welcome to Branson, the run down, abandoned property capitol of the Ozarks says the abandoned Ozarkland property, Hillbilly Inn, empty weed strewn lot across the street from Hillbilly Inn, and the run down, abandoned Silver Fountain.
What a great first impression for new visitors to Branson!
Believe me, I think about it every time I pay my bill, and see the amount of tax paid to Branson
Old 01-15-2015, 07:02 PM   #9
bransonframer
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
Believe me, I think about it every time I pay my bill, and see the amount of tax paid to The Landing
There, fixed it for ya.
Old 02-07-2015, 08:15 PM   #10
Kalt
The Cold One

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
The worst eyesores are the properties where the doors aren't open, or there isn't even a building there to have doors.
Would that not be the responsibility of the city. To take what ever legal actions they can to force the property owners to clean up. Then if that doesn't get it done, it's up to the city itself to make things look better.
Welcome to Branson, the run down, abandoned property capitol of the Ozarks says the abandoned Ozarkland property, Hillbilly Inn, empty weed strewn lot across the street from Hillbilly Inn, and the run down, abandoned Silver Fountain.
What a great first impression for new visitors to Branson!
Believe me, I think about it every time I pay my bill, and see the amount of tax paid to Branson
I'd love for some of those eyesores to be torn down and jackhammered so that they could just have a nice grassy lot there. At least it would look nice and open the views up on some of the strip.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:56 AM   #11
BMOMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransonframer View Post
There, fixed it for ya.
One of the best investments the city of branson could have made. good thing it was the previous regime. This administration is about as backwards thinking as it gets.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:29 PM   #12
MBLurker

Exclamation Million $ Renovation

The city just shut down the renovations...no permits were pulled!
Old 02-11-2015, 01:03 PM   #13
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

I find it funny they are saying a million dollars worth of renovations....

What I heard was it needed over a million dollars worth of repairs!!

renovations/repairs, well I guess.....
Old 02-11-2015, 02:43 PM   #14
swinslow

Quote:
The city just shut down the renovations...no permits were pulled!
According to the city of Branson permits, it is $250,000 and "Addendum is in review"
Old 02-14-2015, 07:56 AM   #15
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

There is a connection between the new theater owners and Branson's Nantucket. Here are more details about Jim's return and the new theater owners -- from Branson Tri-Lakes:

http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_...7306a3331.html

Closed Thread