1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Just for Chit Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 04:05 PM   #1
OkieAnon

long long long slow day

man this has been the longest day. anybody else suffering from cabin fever today?
Old 02-21-2010, 04:14 PM   #2
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

I have been watching it rain, sleet and snow all day long.

Had some friends stop by to drop off papers for me and visited with them for a while.

Fixed dinner so we would have something to eat while we watch the Olympics.

Cleaned out some files from 2009

Now, ready to watch the Olympics. Going to be a lot going on tonight.

GO USA

Branson Show Reviews by SHOW GAL

http://BransonShowGal.wordpress.com/
Old 02-21-2010, 04:20 PM   #3
preacherman
Super Ultra Member

It is one of those days. After church we went to Montana Mike's for (area appreciation) lunch with members that live in our neighborhood. Then it was raining, raining, raining so we headed back home. Saw the mists floating through the hollers and around the hill tops. DH loves that. Been knitting on a prayer shawl for the church all afternoon. Hard not to fall asleep though.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:09 PM   #4
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

It rained here most of the day. I worked out for an hour, read the paper, watched various Olympic events and NASCAR. I am ready for spring.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:15 PM   #5
preacherman
Super Ultra Member

Forgot to add, DH spent the afternoon cleaning up my computer and put a different protection program on it too. Sure appreciated that!!!
Old 02-21-2010, 06:17 PM   #6
OkieAnon

i'm still down with whatever it is I caught a couple days ago, so my day has been from the bed to the recliner to the bathroom ......

did spend some time looking for a new wheelbarrow on the Sears web site-- whoooie can you stand the excitement. those suckers have gotten expensive they should have a motor on them and someone to do the shoveling for what they want.

got a movie may watch here in a bit, Whiteout... takes place in a blizzard... interesting choice for as yucky as the weather has been today.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:22 PM   #7
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

It's been a bummmmmmer..long and dark and gray and wet. Got the ''stuff'' done, then I ''sat'' and watched NASCAR and did some major genealogy rearranging, ..and then couldn't get my disk to burn. Duh. I've not done this in VISTA before cause I always use the XP machine for storage. Tomorrow is another day.

I have CD-RD -wrong? I have some CD-R's. Duh.

And, I have a ''small'' bug or something. Been draggazzzz since about Thursday, now my throat is scratchy and my teeth hurt..knowing it's sinus'.

Chills like goosebumps on back and arms all say..meaning, I'm running a low grade temp. What a mess of a day. Blech....
Old 02-21-2010, 06:53 PM   #8
Critter
Super Ultra Member

I hope yall feel better soon!

I just stayed in all day. Didn't even stick my head out. Yes, it was a long day! It was a rainy day here. I believe it was cool too but didn't go out to check.lol
Old 02-21-2010, 08:24 PM   #9
Daydreamer

Sounds like several of us had the same kind of day! Spring is surely just around the corner!
Old 02-21-2010, 09:02 PM   #10
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
Sounds like several of us had the same kind of day! Spring is surely just around the corner!
I don't know.

I'm beginning to think it will be July before all the snow here is gone.

Old 02-22-2010, 08:10 AM   #11
OkieAnon

they said this morning that there were two storms headed this way ... one on Friday and one on SUNDAY.... again, that in the weathermans words "looked real interesting"

I was thinking this morning how nomally at the end of Feb, start of March along the bottom area's of my hay meadow I have green grass for the cows... not this year, not a sign of anything green yet.

and as I type this I look out the window and see some light snow falling, wasn't supposed to do anything till overnight.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:13 AM   #12
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

Its dark here, and snow on the grass and cold, and it smells like skunk.

But that storm for end of week, says the jet stream is going to take it SOUTH into TX and across AR and miss moi.

Right now, I'm only thinking about me...I need warm and sunny and a nap..................
Old 02-22-2010, 09:00 AM   #13
Crazy4Branson
Super Ultra Member

Received 5" of wet snow yesterday & through the night. Winds blew the snow so hard, that it is still sticking onto the the windows & side of the house..... More flurries predicted through Tuesday night.....

Son came over before daylight & cleaned my drive.....bless him.....

No school for us again..........& for many others just West & South of us. We still have so-o-o much snow left over from November, December & January that our country roads can't be kept open for the buses.....

Iowa HP & County officers are busy rescuing idiots driving too fast on the slick roads, ending up in ditches, this a.m.

Cities & towns located along/nearby major rivers in the state; N & S Skunk/Cedar/Iowa, are speculating about spring floods..... Many! folks along the Cedar River in the Cedar Rapids haven't recovered from the flood of '08.

Temps in the teens today; dropping into lower single digits for next 3-4 nights...so no melting in the near future......
Old 02-22-2010, 09:14 AM   #14
Crazy4Branson
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotJLB View Post
Out Wandering Around

Sad to say....you are so right!!!!!
Just as I was typing the other post, my scanner blurted out that there was a head-on just North of my little town. 3 injuries; 1 trapped; elderly couple mentioned......
Old 02-22-2010, 09:14 AM   #15
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Branson View Post
Received 5" of wet snow yesterday & through the night. Winds blew the snow so hard, that it is still sticking onto the the windows & side of the house..... More flurries predicted through Tuesday night.....

Son came over before daylight & cleaned my drive.....bless him.....

No school for us again..........& for many others just West & South of us. We still have so-o-o much snow left over from November, December & January that our country roads can't be kept open for the buses.....

Iowa HP & County officers are busy rescuing idiots driving too fast on the slick roads, ending up in ditches, this a.m.

Cities & towns located along/nearby major rivers in the state; N & S Skunk/Cedar/Iowa, are speculating about spring floods..... Many! folks along the Cedar River in the Cedar Rapids haven't recovered from the flood of '08.

Temps in the teens today; dropping into lower single digits for next 3-4 nights...so no melting in the near future......
With all the school closings you have had, the kids will be doing makeup days until July. How are they going to get to Branson with their families for a vacation.

Surely all this snow will end for you all soon. I know I am tired of it and we haven't had anything like you have.

Hang in there. It has to end sometime.

Closed Thread