1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Dining

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 08:20 AM   #1
Hunters Friend
V Twins & Vettes

Absolutely the best pizza - hands down

In 5 years, I don't believe I have ever expressed an opinion one way or another when it comes to the food in Branson. What is one man's pleasure is another man's pain.

But... I have to make an exception with this one. My next door neighbors invited us over for pizza one night about a year ago and he promised that this would be the best pizza we ever had.

OH...MY...GOD...

Words hardly do it just to be quite honest. His wife whipped up this monster of a pizza that was beyond description. Probably 2 1/2" deep and 14" across, it contained just the perfect amount of sauce, cheese, meats, herbs, and crust. She cooks them in a cast iron skillet from scratch and has perfected the process perfectly.

By now you are thinking to yourself "Great Mike...so you had a great pizza. What's that to me?" Okay, I will tell you.

Jeff and Sunny are opening a restaurant (probably from all of the begging myself and others) here on Indian Point, simply named "Sunny's. The lady is an absolutely amazing cook, there is just no other way to describe her than that and her restaurant should end up being one of the premiere restaurants in all of Branson - no joke.

As of right now, they are looking to open sometime in April. The menu is still being worked on at this moment, but should be settled in the coming weeks. We were giving our input on some of her past creations last night and hopefully those will be available as well. We can vouch for the smoked pork loin, beef brisquet, nuclear quesadillas, and taco soup she has treated us to in the past.

The only sad thing about this is Jeff tells me that they won't be able to do the pizza but only once a week - as it is just too involved to prepare. (My waistline will thank me for them doing this LOL)

So if you are looking for something off the charts - radically different from everything else in Branson - give this place a try.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:03 AM   #2
ggh
Super User

Be sure to remind us of this when they open - anyone who cooks pizza in a cast iron skillet gets my business! Sounds wonderful!
Old 01-17-2009, 10:41 AM   #3
SweetSue
Super Ultra Member

Sounds interesting. Please keep us posted on the opening date, menu, etc.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:45 AM   #4
preacherman
Super Ultra Member

Your family's picture is absolutely heavenly!
Old 01-17-2009, 07:34 PM   #5
Hunters Friend
V Twins & Vettes

Quote:
Originally Posted by preacherman View Post
Your family's picture is absolutely heavenly!
Thanks. Those are my girls.

Will let you know when this place gets up and going.

You know, it's funny. 3 years ago - we had no restaurants of any kind here on Indian Point. Couple places that served sandwiches and not much else. It was annoying to tell customers who had just driven for 7 or 8 hours that they now had to drive into Branson to get something to eat.

Now, we are sitting on 3 of them. One of them serves hands down (IMO) the best breakfast in Southwest Missouri and I do mean the best. The other has the most evil hamburger to die for and now this place with her pizzas. Life is looking up here.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:47 PM   #6
Flips
Ultra Member

Sounds interesting--------& please Please please-------would they consider NON-SMOKING------ & HAVE SOMETHING VEGETARIAN ON THE MENU!
Old 01-17-2009, 07:52 PM   #7
Critter
Super Ultra Member

Veggie pizza is the only one I like to eat.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:57 PM   #8
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

I am wanting some of that pizza.
Pizza is my very favorite food hands down.

Love those girls in the picture
Old 01-17-2009, 08:38 PM   #9
SweetSue
Super Ultra Member

..."Now, we are sitting on 3 of them. One of them serves hands down (IMO) the best breakfast in Southwest Missouri and I do mean the best. The other has the most evil hamburger to die for and now this place with her pizzas. Life is looking up here..."

OK, you have us! What is the name of the restaurant that serves the best breakfast in Southweset Missouri and the one that has the most evil hamburger.

With the improved road past Silver Dollar City, I'm thinking more and more people will make their way to these restaurants. I think we will.
Old 01-17-2009, 08:42 PM   #10
Hunters Friend
V Twins & Vettes

Okay, first is the smoking.

Indian Point Restaurant (my vote for best breakfast in SWMO) is non smoking.

Same for the Lakehouse.

Sunny's is seperate seating for smokers and non smokers, plus they are will have outside seating as well.

Sunny has said she has several varieties of the pizza and I believe vegetarian is one of the offerings.

Thanks CC. They are a lot of fun. Right now the oldest (by 4 minutes) is screaming her eyes out. Tough cookie to get to bed sometimes, but overall they are both very good girls.
Old 01-17-2009, 08:46 PM   #11
Hunters Friend
V Twins & Vettes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSue View Post
..."Now, we are sitting on 3 of them. One of them serves hands down (IMO) the best breakfast in Southwest Missouri and I do mean the best. The other has the most evil hamburger to die for and now this place with her pizzas. Life is looking up here..."

OK, you have us! What is the name of the restaurant that serves the best breakfast in Southweset Missouri and the one that has the most evil hamburger.

With the improved road past Silver Dollar City, I'm thinking more and more people will make their way to these restaurants. I think we will.
We were writing at the same time.

Lakehouse makes this burger called a Killarneys burger. It weighs in at about 2/3 of a pound. Has green chiles from New Mexico, and is cooked fresh over a barbeque with mesquite wood. Just evil good. I do believe it's the only time my eyeballs have pored out sweat. But I just couldn't quit eating the stupid thing.

Here is a true story about IP Restaurant. The cook there is a guy by the name of John. Having finally had enough, I asked for John to come out to the table and told him matter of factly "John PLEASE quit making my omelettes SO DAMN BIG!!!"

I am dead serious. The pancakes are about 1/2 thick, the hashbrowns are perfectly golden, coffee is great. Just nothing but the best. I bet Handan and I ate there possibly 50 times last year. Spectacular food all the way around.

Last edited by Hunters Friend; 01-17-2009 at 08:49 PM.
Old 01-17-2009, 08:49 PM   #12
Flips
Ultra Member

Thank you so very much for the information----
-----& your babies are beautiful--Such blessings-------(even if bed time is a chore some times)!!!
You will turn around one day & they will be grown & you will wonder where the years went----enjoy them/ they grow up too fast !!
Again thanks for the information!!!!!!!
Old 01-17-2009, 10:38 PM   #13
Darbecca
Ultra Member

Is Indian Point Restaurant the one on the dock by the marina?
Old 01-17-2009, 10:52 PM   #14
Hunters Friend
V Twins & Vettes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darbecca View Post
Is Indian Point Restaurant the one on the dock by the marina?
Nope, you went past it if you go to that one. FYI, they are looking for new owners at the Marina restaurant so I can't comment on anything with them. In the past though, they have been terrible (to put a nice spin on it) but the owner of the marina tries hard and will give it another go this season.

The IP Restaurant is right next door to the DreamCatcher resort.

My wife mentions that I should have told this group about their evening meals at IPR as well. I am not much into prime rib and things like that, but she and my folks feel it is some of the finest in Branson also.

Whatever the case, spectacular food is out here - FINALLY!
Old 01-18-2009, 07:54 AM   #15
Tams
Super Ultra Member

Can you imagine the crowd she will have at Sunny's on pizza day!!!!!!

Let me breathe the air!!!!

Closed Thread