1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 08:54 PM   #1
maggot

Daniel O'Donnell

I have seen Daniel many times on television, but most of the time his show is sold out in Branson. I was lucky enough to get a ticket this time, and thoroughly enjoyed the 3 hour show. He sings, dances, tells jokes, and charms us. It was he and his wifes anniversary, so they sang a duet, and even danced the polka. The other singer in the show, Mary Duff, sings solo, and sings a few duets with Daniel. She has a beautiful voice, and will have her own show in Branson next year. After the show, Daniel stood for over an hour signing his autograph, and getting his picture taken. What a patient man--no wonder the ladies adore him!
Old 11-16-2008, 12:03 PM   #2
ceyman

Man, I just don't understand the whole Daniel O'Donnell thing. He has an extremely average voice, isn't particularly handsome, and has the stage presence of a carton of milk. Just average all the way around, but the older folks love him. Can anyone enlighten me? Was he on Lawrence Welk or something?
Old 11-16-2008, 12:37 PM   #3
Gilligan
Ultra Member

Can't help you out, Ceyman. My two cents of ignorance is as follows: Never heard of the guy - sorry! I guess I need to be enlightened,also.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:06 AM   #4
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyman View Post
Man, I just don't understand the whole Daniel O'Donnell thing. He has an extremely average voice, isn't particularly handsome, and has the stage presence of a carton of milk. Just average all the way around, but the older folks love him. Can anyone enlighten me? Was he on Lawrence Welk or something?
Nope. Wasn't on Lawrence Welk. I believe he's developed quite a following as a result of his PBS appearances. Other than that, and him being here in Branson, I've never seen or heard anything about him!
Old 11-17-2008, 09:57 AM   #5
Coach Man
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransoncutie View Post
Nope. Wasn't on Lawrence Welk. I believe he's developed quite a following as a result of his PBS appearances. Other than that, and him being here in Branson, I've never seen or heard anything about him!

Daniel will be recording another PBS Special, at the Tri-Lakes Center, on November 24th. This one will be an "Inspirational" type show, with a few Branson Artistes as guests. They are busy doing rehersals, as well as doing their show schedules.

Not too sure if this one will be going out "LIVE" or not.....so watch your PBS schedules, carefully, just in case.

Coach Man.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:07 AM   #6
Crazy4Branson
Super Ultra Member

www.danielodonnell.org
Old 11-17-2008, 10:40 AM   #7
deb_803
George Strait Junkie

Last year during Thanksgiving weekend, a group of us were together at the Golden Corral in Branson, as we were about to leave Daniel came in with a group of people. I had never heard him sing or see his show, but I knew who he was. I talked to him for just a few minutes, he was a very nice and friendly man.

This link should take you to the Rankin Brothers FB Fan Page.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/121168961253976/
Old 11-17-2008, 11:55 AM   #8
shis1
Str8fn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Branson View Post
Thanks for posting this. I've never read much about Daniel and found his website to be very interesting. Never had the opportunity to see his show, but would certainly like to sometime.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:29 PM   #9
Zach7777
Pirate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Man View Post
Daniel will be recording another PBS Special, at the Tri-Lakes Center, on November 24th. This one will be an "Inspirational" type show, with a few Branson Artistes as guests. They are busy doing rehersals, as well as doing their show schedules.

Not too sure if this one will be going out "LIVE" or not.....so watch your PBS schedules, carefully, just in case.

Coach Man.
Coach Man, this PBS special will be a one day area appreciation show as well....i THINK the tix are $10 for locals.....
Old 11-19-2008, 12:37 PM   #10
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

DH and I don't get it either. We watched one of his PBS specials recently to check him out. It was also part of pledge drive and he was speaking live from the PBS studios in Springfield. We watched the entire show. We still don't get it.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:32 PM   #11
msmoq

If he was speaking live from the PBS studio in Spfld, that was taped 3 years ago..............
Old 11-20-2008, 08:37 AM   #12
Velva

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyman View Post
I've seen him on PBS also and would have agreed with you yesterday - before 2 o'clock.

We were invited by friends to see the Daniel O'Donnell Show. Out of curiosity, wondering why his show is always a sellout, we joined them.

Okay, first of all, his "extremely average voice" reminds me of Perry Como. No, I wasn't a big Como fan but there was something about his singing that was sweet, relaxing, almost melancholy. That is what I heard at Daniel O'Donnell's Show. I liked it.

Handsome? He's not bad on the eyes, he's cute, (like you ceyman).

As for "stage presence".. wow, he blew this old lady away. His live show is nothing like what I saw on PBS! His wit (a lot of off the cuff comedy), singing, dancing and interaction with his audience is why he draws sellout crowds.

I'm an audience watcher. I looked down my row and saw elderly couples in their 80's who were singing and smiling to every song. I could hear the four young ladies, (probably in their 30's) behind me singing along to every song. They all enjoyed it.

I did, too.

His PBS Special (airing in the spring) is being filmed at 7 pm, Monday, Nov 24th, Tri-Lakes Center. Call 417-336-0219 for reservations.
Tickets for locals (Taney, Stone Counties) are $10.00.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:26 AM   #13
Barefoot Eddie

Whether you're a fan or not, no disputing that he brings the buses to Branson. Even the other theatres call it the 'Daniel O'Donnell Effect', since he draws bus traffic from everywhere and it spills over to the other shows. He's been very good for Branson.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:51 PM   #14
BransonGent
HOO-AH!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb_803 View Post
Last year during Thanksgiving weekend, a group of us were together at the Golden Corral in Branson, as we were about to leave Daniel came in with a group of people. I had never heard him sing or see his show, but I knew who he was. I talked to him for just a few minutes, he was a very nice and friendly man.
Yeah we saw and talked to him and his wife at the Lone Star a couple of weeks ago. Him and his wife are cool people, but then again what do you expect - they are Irish. We also hung out with Mary Duff last year at Club 57. Again she was a cool lady - it must be that friendly Irish thing.

BransonGent
Old 11-21-2008, 07:15 PM   #15
ceyman

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyTop View Post
I've seen him on PBS also and would have agreed with you yesterday - before 2 o'clock.

We were invited by friends to see the Daniel O'Donnell Show. Out of curiosity, wondering why his show is always a sellout, we joined them.

Okay, first of all, his "extremely average voice" reminds me of Perry Como. No, I wasn't a big Como fan but there was something about his singing that was sweet, relaxing, almost melancholy. That is what I heard at Daniel O'Donnell's Show. I liked it.

Handsome? He's not bad on the eyes, he's cute, (like you ceyman).

As for "stage presence".. wow, he blew this old lady away. His live show is nothing like what I saw on PBS! His wit (a lot of off the cuff comedy), singing, dancing and interaction with his audience is why he draws sellout crowds.

I'm an audience watcher. I looked down my row and saw elderly couples in their 80's who were singing and smiling to every song. I could hear the four young ladies, (probably in their 30's) behind me singing along to every song. They all enjoyed it.

I did, too.

His PBS Special (airing in the spring) is being filmed at 7 pm, Monday, Nov 24th, Tri-Lakes Center. Call 417-336-0219 for reservations.
Tickets for locals (Taney, Stone Counties) are $10.00.
Fair enough, I respect your opinion CurlyTop (after all, you said I was cute!) so, maybe I just need to suck it up and check out a live show before I draw faulty conclusions. To get me in the proper frame of mind I will go to bed at 8:30 the night before, wake up at 5:00 am, go walk around the mall in the mid-morning, and have an "early-bird" dinner at 4:00 PM...then, I should be ready!

Closed Thread