1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Missouri Other

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 08:33 PM   #1
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Question Black Oak Mountain Resort and Amphitheater

DH and I were out for a ride around Table Rock on Friday afternoon (the day after Thanksgiving) and ended up on the highway between Lampe and Baxter. We drove around Black Oak Mountain Resort -- or what's left of it. The campground looks as though it hasn't been used in years, and some areas of the resort are very run down. Many of the residential units seemed to still be in use and a few were for sale. Also, there was a for sale sign in front of the amphitheater parking lot. What's the story behind this place?
Old 11-27-2007, 09:29 PM   #2
Crazy4Branson
Super Ultra Member

Black Oak Mtn. Resort

Mellie, you have aroused my curiosity! Please, tell us at least some of "the rest of the story"
Old 11-27-2007, 10:42 PM   #3
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

I did some googling and came up with some wild stuff. Mind control, the CIA, major goverment officials, strange connections to the country music industry, drugs, the Illuminati, etc.! Actually I know someone who claims to have been involved in all of that mind control stuff from her early childhood -- very strange!

I read some old concert reviews. When was the last concert held at the amphitheater?

Some of the units we saw out there were nice and others looked as though no one had used them for years. It reminded us of Dogpatch/Marble Falls just south of Harrison AR. When was it part of RCI? I found 3 listings for folks trying to sell their RCI timeshares for the place. We saw several realtor signs and even picked up a brochure at one chalet. The owners were trying to sell it for $55,000 which seemed way too high.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:21 PM   #4
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

We found it to be very creepy and odd. It was just weird how parts of it looked so abandoned and others looked well used and kept up.

There is still a website for the resort; the pictures were taken years ago in better times.

I couldn't tell if someone was trying to sell the amphitheater separately. There was a realtor's sign at the parking lot.

Apparently Swiss Villa Utilites still haven't conveyed all the assets to the current owners association. I found a legal notice dated June of this year about it.

Strange, strange...
Old 11-28-2007, 08:31 AM   #5
shis1
Str8fn

We went to one concert at Swiss Villa --- it was a long time ago ---- and saw GEORGE STRAIT and Kathy Mattea. Like I said, have no idea what year, except that George was just 'getting started'. What I remember about the concert is that Kathy Mattea was the opening act (of course) and people were so rude! No one was really interested in her show, and everyone was up moving around the entire time she was on the stage! Different story when George took the stage though! We had never been to Swiss Villa before, and I was sure we were lost ---- seemed like it was taking forever to get there!
Old 11-28-2007, 05:36 PM   #6
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

I was surprised to learn Bob Dylan played there in 1990. Apparently it was considered a major concert venue at one time.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:33 PM   #7
vance1958

Cool

The Stories of that place probably did not stop from long ago/ I have to believe that everything Cathy O'Brien said was true. I was the Production manager and practially ran the place during the 99 concert series ther was no 2000 other then a chili cookoff and a canceled show and a few local bad things.
Allot of law suits have come out of that place, and allot of money was lost,yet the people who operated(my bosses) seemed ok with the show losses. I was approached several time by undercover people about Drug Trafficcing that was happening then. I stayed out of it. I can say that it seemed that more cases supposedly with Equipment in them left the place then actually came in. And everyone was always real parinoid.
I did the Laser Show that played ther myself prior to starting to work for them. Having Some ties with Bill Clinton through other people I was associated with. I actually believe a terminal illness I have been diagnosied with is a result of my working there and knowing the people and things I do.
One of the Supposed owners lived in the house that is way up the side of the mountain at the back of the resort Chalets. And as one of the posters here said there is a bunch of eveidence that points to much of O"briens claims
The Four people involved in that place when I was there are major money people one from AUstin TX of all places. Home of the US New World order in the US.
I think the Biggets question and one that supports the stories frm the past is-- when you think back of the Population in the area at the time the place was built- who puts an 18 thousand seat Amphitheater in the middle of no where? when that place was built the cows out numbered the people by 100 to 1. Think about it.
The Current owner is Jodi Stevens and has a place in the resort. I would actually like to buy it but there are tons of issues that have to be addressed fro anyone who takes it. Currently buying the place also buys you into the outstanding lawsuits. If the county would widen the shoulders enough to make an extra lane or two, and the land was cleared to provide addequate parking it would be a steal for the money being asked. Or at least what I know would buy it.
Anyone that wants to put together an investment group together should contact me the place could make a fortune if ran by someone who knows the Music industry and was honest and had some integrity.

Ozzy played there to.

Last edited by vance1958; 02-24-2008 at 08:39 PM.
Old 03-06-2008, 03:59 AM   #8
midnite_cruzer
Sportin' the 'stache.

Ahh, good ol' Swiss Villa. I spent many a wild and crazy night of my youth in that place. I wish I could remember them.

Back in the 80's, when gas was 75 cents a gallon, all of the best acts played Swiss Villa. I saw Foreigner, Steve Miller, Styx, Kansas, Chuck Berry, Heart, Skid Row, Pantera, Ted Nugent, Lynyrd Skynyrd, REO Speedwagon, Bad Company, and yes - Bob Dylan Just to name a few.

Now you have my curioisty stirred, Mellie. I have to check this stuff out. I never had any senses of ominous presence when I was there, but, then, I never do unless I'm in a place where they are so overwhelming that they can't be ignored - like Eureka Springs.

I guess it's true that the only thing new is the history you don't know.
"Before many years a railway will find its way yonder. Then many will come, and the beautiful hills that have been my strength and peace will become the haunt of idlers and a place of revelry. I am glad that I shall not be here."
Old 03-06-2008, 07:00 AM   #9
bgroman
Administrator

I missed this thread first time through. Hadn't thought about that place in a while. I remember Ugly Kid Joe opening for Def Leppard and my wife dragging me to an Air Supply concert. It was a neat place at that time.

basil
Old 03-06-2008, 07:24 AM   #10
CHRISTISAM2001
El Grando Branson Lover

The pictures of the cabins to rent look really dated, looks like blue shag carpet. But the pool and stuff looks good.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:17 AM   #11
pamlet
Super Ultra Member

OK ... sorry but I looked that stuff up ... VERY weird ... from what I can tell it's one source .. but it's all over the internet..

I can imagine it would give someone the willies though.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:09 AM   #12
pamlet
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
I also believe her...for the most part...at least SHE believes it to be true. I'm sure she is pretty messed-up, mentally, and some details have been boggled in her mind, but she does have an uncanny recollection of names.
That's the problem with people with delusions ... the delusion is their reality ... and they're fairly consistent in the tiniest details.

I'm dealing with this right now with my mom's dementia .. she's got some amazing stories .. and sometimes it would be easy to believe them... IF I didn't know what was really going on ..
Old 03-12-2008, 02:17 PM   #13
Donsgal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
I'll give you a hint. It was originally called "Swiss Villa" Resort. Google:

"Swiss Villa" Lampe

I know that at least part of this story is true. We were very involved in the restaurant out there, about five years ago. The locals (who had lived there, for many, many years), were telling me about it, and I did some internet research. Originally, I said, "You know, this could be a really neat resort, but there seems to be bad karma...I get this feeling I can't explain, every time I'm on this property". They said, "You know why, don't you?"

On the internet, I found excerpts from a book, although I don't think you can buy the book, anymore. I spent weeks and weeks reading, and even walked the grounds, looking for evidence. It was there. I'll warn you...some of that stuff is "really out there", (don't let your kids read it), but the "roots" of the story (the Government 'facility'), are true.
You're talking about Davie Icke's book. I have lived here 20 years and I can tell you that when that book came out many years ago it was the laughing stock. Please. Give us some links to support your statements or please stop spreading silly, nonsensical rumors.

The reason that this project failed was poor management and greed. The current owner of most of the common property has filed bankruptcy and has tax liens out the wazoo on it. I do not know the officers of the corporation personally, but the general consensus is that they are a bunch of crooks, and I believe it.

I have been out to Swiss Villa many time (I used to be a realtor), and I can tell you that I love the place. It has the kind of charm and quaintness that Indian Ridge will NEVER know. It is charming and I would be happy to spend time there. If the "empty houses" bother people, and give them a creepy feeling, they better get used to it, because with the number of foreclosures that are happening in this country there are going to be a LOT of empty subdivisions around.

donsgal
Old 06-06-2008, 02:28 PM   #14
nicetoeatualso

Black Oak Mountain Amphitheater concerts

I have been trying to put together a list of all of the concers I have been to and bands I have seen. I attended a couple of them at Black Oak Mountain Amphitheater and was wondering if anybody could help me remember who was there.
I have one ticket dated June 10 1995 that lists Bad Company and Ted Nugent
The other ticket is dated Sept 19 1995 and says Summer Jam '95
I know I have seen Head East, Missouri and possibly Gary Hoey there but I do not recall which of the above shows they performed. I also know that I am not remembering some of the bands that were there. So if anyone could shed any light as to who/which show I would really appreciate it.
Thanks,
Chris
Old 06-07-2008, 03:50 AM   #15
midnite_cruzer
Sportin' the 'stache.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicetoeatualso View Post
I have one ticket dated June 10 1995 that lists Bad Company and Ted Nugent
The other ticket is dated Sept 19 1995 and says Summer Jam '95
Hey Chris!!

I was at both of those shows!

If I remember correctly, Summer Jam '95 was Black Oak Arkansas, Blue Oyster Cult, Head East, Firefall, and Brewer & Shipley. There may have been more, but it was mostly 70's rockers.
"Before many years a railway will find its way yonder. Then many will come, and the beautiful hills that have been my strength and peace will become the haunt of idlers and a place of revelry. I am glad that I shall not be here."

Closed Thread