1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Lodging

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 11:41 PM   #1
Countrygirl

Question Which MONTH IS BETTER FOR A VISIT

Hello
I need everyone's opinion my husband and I are going to get to come to Branson for a weekend visit. We were thinking of coming in September, but I have read many quotes about how the xmas lights are around town at the first of November.
We have never been at any other time than early summer. How is the weather in November can you still get out and about to sight see and shop comfortable or would September be a better time. Dont mind cooler days just not too cool. We are from East Texas so it is HOT HOT here so some cooler weather would be a welcome change.

Would you suggest making reservations now or get a hotel when we come how busy are weekends during those months.

THANKS
Old 07-25-2005, 12:01 AM   #2
stlsports4ever
Super Brason Man

Red face Thats tough

That is a tough choice. Personally I would go with Nov becuase it so gets you in the mood for the holiday season. I went right after Halloween my first visit to Branson in 15 years and I LOVED it. I have been back 6 times since. I would highly recommend either month but the beginning of Nov isnt that packed. Hope this helps!

Mikey
Old 07-25-2005, 05:07 AM   #3
jrnew
Tyler James is HERE!

November can still be warm or it can be cold, so there is no real soild answer on that SORRY! We have been going the last three years around mid November for DH's birthday and sometimes it is nearly 70 and other times we were lucky to see 55. Though it was still warmer than here in Iowa, so we weren't complaining!

As far as reservations, the sooner you can make them is always better.

Enjoy! Thanks: Jamie
Old 07-25-2005, 06:45 AM   #4
engel
Super Ultra Member

Smile

November would be my choice. It's still too warm in Sept. (But we'll be there in Sept. this year anyway)
Old 07-25-2005, 08:44 AM   #5
VBeason
Super Ultra Member

We've always had a great visit in November. Just remember that the weekends of Veterans Day and Thanksgiving are the busiest. Also many bus tours come through during this time, so the weekends are going to be a little busier than during the week, but not soo bad that you can't get around! November/December is wonderful with all the Christmas Lights, etc. Just depends on if you are really into the Christmas thing (like most of us are). If you are in the Fall and the Crafts stuff -- SDC is wonderful in September and October. Both months are great for that. Weather isn't too bad then either.

We've gotten lucky in most of our trips in November. We always pack a heavy coat (because we have to go to SDC) but in most cases, a light jacket is all you need in the daytime. Of course, if you are smart, you'll layer clothes and it makes it much nicer.

Hope this helps and hasn't been too confusing.

Vickie
Old 07-25-2005, 08:45 AM   #6
ashbris
Super Ultra Member

November!

Everyone should definintely see Christmas in Branson and SDC-- at least once. We make a Christmas trip every year--a lot of the shows add a Christmas segment. Also, you can get a lot of shopping done. I love Branson anytime but especially at Christmas!!
Old 07-25-2005, 02:34 PM   #7
Double Mom
Packer Fan

We went once in Oct. and have gone 2x's in Nov. I just love seeing all the Christmas lights, it puts me in such a great Christmas mood!! This year we are going in Sept. while the weather is nice at home yet. We never know what weather we'll have to drive in in Nov. to get to Branson and then back home again!
Old 07-25-2005, 07:22 PM   #8
KJN
Super Ultra Member

ashbris, I smiled when I read your response. "Everyone should see Branson at Christmas at least once". I agree, we did it two years ago, thinking "just once" and we are going again this year and I hope to next year. Just once can turn into yearly-it is so magical and special during that time.
Old 07-25-2005, 08:35 PM   #9
ThunderHockeyFan
Super Ultra Member

October!!
Old 07-25-2005, 08:42 PM   #10
Maisey
Driving Miss Maisey

Talking I vote for November!

I LOVE Branson when it's all decorated for Christmas. As far as the weather, I've been in Branson in November and experienced 80 degree temps, 30 degree temps, rain like a monsoon, beautiful soft falling snow,and one year we had tornado sirens in the afternoon and a blizzard that same evening! So there just is no way to predict the weather in November in Branson But I'll tell you, to me it's worth it to see Branson all decked out for the Holidays.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:46 PM   #11
Barefoot Eddie

September: Weather is more moderate, crowds are down, plenty of shows to see, lakes are still warm, little rain. Outstanding.
October: Warm days, cool nights, fall colors are at their peak the middle of the month. Wonderful.
November: Christmas season begins and the lights are everywhere. Shows, shopping, SDC and the strip. Spectacular.

Doesn't matter when. It's all good. Make two trips.

Closed Thread