1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Just for Chit Chat

Old 01-09-2019, 09:26 AM   #136
OkieAnon

close enough now that the NAM computer model can reach the weekend, it's been hitting pretty close on it's snow predictions for southern Oklahoma and north Texas lately so if it is correct this time...

heaviest snow would be from Springfield to the north and east. St Louis area would get the highest amounts. South of Springfield it shows most of the area getting a trace to a little over an inch, except for one little band that sticks down almost to Branson and has around 3 inches.
OkieAnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 08:24 PM   #137
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

The Lou is getting hammered with this one. Predictions have been creeping up ever since they started talking about this storm. It started a bit sooner than expected today. Around Noon. Didn't take long for the ground to be covered, and even the untreated streets to turn white. By the time it was supposed to start in earnest it was probably three or four inches. Afternoon rush hour traffic was stopped everywhere. My daughter's usual 15 minute drive home took 3 hours. I think there are still people trying to get home.
Our recently retired (from TV) weather guru is still on a radio station. His prediction for a day or so has been 4"-8" across the entire St. Louis area. This evening he upped it to 14" by the time it ends early Sunday!
Old 01-12-2019, 08:05 AM   #138
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
The Lou is getting hammered with this one. Predictions have been creeping up ever since they started talking about this storm. It started a bit sooner than expected today. Around Noon. Didn't take long for the ground to be covered, and even the untreated streets to turn white. By the time it was supposed to start in earnest it was probably three or four inches. Afternoon rush hour traffic was stopped everywhere. My daughter's usual 15 minute drive home took 3 hours. I think there are still people trying to get home.
Our recently retired (from TV) weather guru is still on a radio station. His prediction for a day or so has been 4"-8" across the entire St. Louis area. This evening he upped it to 14" by the time it ends early Sunday!
Wow! Thanks for taking the hit on this one.
We have 2 inches of rain in the gauge this AM.

Too much of a good thing can be wonderful
DalmatianDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 09:14 AM   #139
soxster
Super Ultra Member

6 inches of snow in Independence Mo near the stadium with more coming. Glad it stayed in the liquid forum in the Branson area. Man 2 inches of rain converted to snow.......yikes.
soxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 07:01 PM   #140
NotJLB
Seasonal Worker

Prettier at night:

https://www.earthcam.com/usa/missour...arch_riverview

"The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is."
Winston Churchill
NotJLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 07:49 AM   #141
VBeason
Super Ultra Member

8 inches of wet/heavy snow. I've lost about all the limbs on our tree in the front yard. At least we got the cars moved before they could hit them. Thank heaven for a triple driveway.

No power since 11:00 AM Saturday. They are getting closer but still nada at our house. Hubby went to Menards and got a propane heater that is safe for inside a house. Must admit - it was wonderful. So with that and the camp stove, we could at least stay warm and have something warm to eat. Had offers to go to friends, but didn't want to do that with the dog. Not that Mona would do anything but didn't want to take a chance in a strange place.

I made it to work today. People driving by must have wondered "what is she doing"? I was only curling my hair at my desk. Geesh. At least I'm here.

Had plenty of batteries and flashlights/lanterns in the house, so we could listen to the radio and read. Had charging banks so we could keep the cell phones charged.

I am so ready for this to be over. We will be checking into a Generac Home Generator with automatic switchover in the very near future.

Vickie
VBeason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 08:12 AM   #142
NotJLB
Seasonal Worker

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBeason View Post
8 inches of wet/heavy snow. I've lost about all the limbs on our tree in the front yard. At least we got the cars moved before they could hit them. Thank heaven for a triple driveway.
Vickie
que lastima!

I remember storms up there when we lost all our pine trees in the back yard, most of the limbs on the other trees, and would stand on the deck and watch transformers explode.

Can't say I miss it.

Where's that I love all four seasons spirit?

"The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is."
Winston Churchill

Last edited by NotJLB; 01-14-2019 at 10:53 AM.
NotJLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 09:17 AM   #143
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Quote:

No power since 11:00 AM Saturday. They are getting closer but still nada at our house. Hubby went to Menards and got a propane heater that is safe for inside a house. Must admit - it was wonderful. So with that and the camp stove, we could at least stay warm and have something warm to eat. Had offers to go to friends, but didn't want to do that with the dog. Not that Mona would do anything but didn't want to take a chance in a strange place.

I made it to work today. People driving by must have wondered "what is she doing"? I was only curling my hair at my desk. Geesh. At least I'm here.

Had plenty of batteries and flashlights/lanterns in the house, so we could listen to the radio and read. Had charging banks so we could keep the cell phones charged.

I am so ready for this to be over. We will be checking into a Generac Home Generator with automatic switchover in the very near future.

Vickie
I feel your pain. Our longest power outage in KC area was 10 days after an epic ice storm. Winter can be brutal dancing around a kerosene heater trying to keep the kids warm. Hopefully your winter nightmare will end soon. Be safe and warm.
soxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 09:18 AM   #144
OkieAnon

could be some pipe busting weather this weekend... then it may get really cold about the middle of next week.
OkieAnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 09:21 AM   #145
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Quote:

Vickie
Vickie,

Hope you get your power on soon. I had 11 inches of snow at my house in Lenexa, which is exactly 11 inches too much. Am trying not to complain as I still have power. What we don't need right now is any wind. It would completely take down what is left of some of the branches loaded with ice and snow.

They say we will have 3 days of a little warmer weather that will get rid of a little of the snow but then this weekend is supposed to be bad again.

I am sooooooooooooooooooooo ready for spring.

Branson Show Reviews by SHOW GAL

http://BransonShowGal.wordpress.com/
SHOW GAL is offline   Reply With Quote