1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Old 04-18-2019, 02:17 PM   #1
WireRoad

Cedric Benoit

Is Cedric Benoit & Cajun Connection appearing anywhere else in Branson this year?
WireRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 04:38 PM   #2
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

I think that Cedric Benoit is resting his hand ..after years of playing when his hand was hurting. He is writing and recording now.
Suselit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 10:48 AM   #3
WireRoad

That's too bad. I always liked Cedric. It would be great if there were somewhere in Branson that had live Zydeco.
Old 04-20-2019, 06:38 PM   #4
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Talked to him last year. He said he would sure like to put a show together. If he could find some fiscal support.
I think it could be an awesome show if he could put something together like the old Cajun Connection when they were in the Playhouse at SDC. Great band, including an awesome fiddle player. Cajun comic. And maybe more than just one couple dancing.
Old 04-20-2019, 06:45 PM   #5
WireRoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
Talked to him last year. He said he would sure like to put a show together. If he could find some fiscal support.
I think it could be an awesome show if he could put something together like the old Cajun Connection when they were in the Playhouse at SDC. Great band, including an awesome fiddle player. Cajun comic. And maybe more than just one couple dancing.
you mean Louis Darby? He's with Sons of Britches.
Old 04-21-2019, 01:10 PM   #6
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Yes, most if not all of the original Cajun Connection were gone last year. Louis for some time. But I think the needed talent could be found somewhere.
My dream setup would be a small venue, more club like than theater. Say the Dream Theater (Steampunk). Use the Steampunk side as a Cajun/Nawlins themed bar and grill with Cajun and Creole food. The Cajun Connection as the "house" band in the theater part. With traveling Cajun, Zydeco, and Blues entertainers.
Rosie Ladet, and Sonny Landreth come to mind. With Walter Trout, Anthony Gomes, Samantha Fish, and Ana Popovic bringing the Blues.
Old 04-21-2019, 01:51 PM   #7
WireRoad

Quote:
Yes, most if not all of the original Cajun Connection were gone last year. Louis for some time. But I think the needed talent could be found somewhere.
My dream setup would be a small venue, more club like than theater. Say the Dream Theater (Steampunk). Use the Steampunk side as a Cajun/Nawlins themed bar and grill with Cajun and Creole food. The Cajun Connection as the "house" band in the theater part. With traveling Cajun, Zydeco, and Blues entertainers.
Rosie Ladet, and Sonny Landreth come to mind. With Walter Trout, Anthony Gomes, Samantha Fish, and Ana Popovic bringing the Blues.
Great idea and I like all the artists you mention, but for Branson I bet it would be a financial disaster. I think even Cedric felt he had to "tone it down" as far as the more rockin zydeco stuff in Branson.
Old 04-21-2019, 05:24 PM   #8
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
I think even Cedric felt he had to "tone it down" as far as the more rockin zydeco stuff in Branson.
To a point, but I'm not sure it's as bad as it once was. Look at two very opular shows. Clay Cooper, and The Haygoods.
Both very upbeat, and modern. Do you think anybody would have gotten by with doing Bruno Mars songs in the heyday of hillbilly shows in Branson.
The bigger problem might be in getting top level Electric Blues, and Blues Rock entertainers to come to Branson. Again, the 30 year old stereotype impression.
I did talk to Antony Gomes, and he said he would love to do a concert in Branson. Not a stranger to the area, he appears in Springfield, and Stafford at times.
Old 04-22-2019, 02:25 PM   #9
WireRoad

Quote:
To a point, but I'm not sure it's as bad as it once was. Look at two very opular shows. Clay Cooper, and The Haygoods.
Both very upbeat, and modern. Do you think anybody would have gotten by with doing Bruno Mars songs in the heyday of hillbilly shows in Branson.
The bigger problem might be in getting top level Electric Blues, and Blues Rock entertainers to come to Branson. Again, the 30 year old stereotype impression.
I did talk to Anthony Gomes, and he said he would love to do a concert in Branson. Not a stranger to the area, he appears in Springfield, and Stafford at times.
You may be somewhat right. I can remember seeing BB King in Branson twice at Welk's years ago and it was sold out or near sold out, of course that was BB King. I'm not even sure Buddy Guy could sell out a show in Branson now. I think we've discussed Anthony Gomes before. I personally like him, but I think his recent efforts have not been that great. I saw where he was booked at Krave in Springfield on Friday, May 10. He's been there a few times, and I'm not even sure he packs the place. Samantha Fish was recently at The Riff in Springfield, not sure how she did. In order for any artist of this genre to do well in Branson, they would need to be able to pack a theater. If that happened, maybe it would open the door for other national acts. I think having the right artist who can consistently pack a theater is the key, and with Branson audiences, finding that artist is a big challenge. Sure, there are artists like Delbert McClinton and Marcia Ball who sort of bridge the gap between country & blues, and do a fabulous show, but are Branson audiences even familiar with them?

Last edited by WireRoad; 04-22-2019 at 02:28 PM.
Old 04-23-2019, 03:45 PM   #10
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

I'm sure that a couple years ago when Bret Michaels agent told him he would be playing the Welk Theater in Branson Mo. his first response was the what? Where? But it was a sellout, and very much a concert party, not a sit in yourseats Branson theater "show".
So who knows what kind of response a good electric blues/rock performer would get.
Quote:
I think his recent efforts have not been that great.
Really? Guess we must disagree. I think Peace Love and Loud Guitars, released October 2018, is some of his best work!

Samantha was at the Old Rock House in St. Louis for two nights. December 30, 31. Not sure how New Years Eve went, but the night before was standing room only packed!

But I know it's only a dream that great Blues/Rock will ever be a regular part of Branson.
Old 04-23-2019, 06:11 PM   #11
WireRoad

Quote:
Really? Guess we must disagree. I think Peace Love and Loud Guitars, released October 2018, is some of his best work!
I watch a lot of live videos on YT so that's basically what I was going by. As far as the band - when he had Carlton Armstrong and Freddy Spencer that was a smoking hot band and show. Watching Carlton was a show in itself. I've just not clicked with these guys he has now. I've followed Carlton for years way back when he was with Ronnie Baker Brooks. Very dynamic performer.
Old 04-23-2019, 09:46 PM   #12
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Can't deny that not having Carlton changed a lot in the live performances. The new bass player is good, just not the showman that Carlton is.
As for the drummer, it's close to a toss up. With a bit of an edge to Freddy for showmanship.
I was fortunate enough to attend a great concert at the Old Rock House before Carlton left. Walter Trout was scheduled, and it just so happened that Anthony was home. So the event quickly became Walter Trout, and Anthony Gomes. Johnny Griparic was no longer with Walter, and Keyboard player Sammy Alvia's son was playing. After he finished an amazing bass solo Carlton came up to the stage to give him a fist bump. As he was coming back I told him that kid is almost as good as you. Carltong san that kid is better than me!
But now Johnny is back with Walter, and Sammy and his son are gone.
Old 04-25-2019, 10:00 AM   #13
st041986

Crazy Cajun Citchen and The Cajun Connection need to join forces and open a joint up together! Now that is something I would be excited for!
st041986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 10:08 AM   #14
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by st041986 View Post
Crazy Cajun Citchen and The Cajun Connection need to join forces and open a joint up together! Now that is something I would be excited for!
Exactly! That would fit right into the kind of place I mentioned.
I guess I just need to win a big lottery.
Old 04-25-2019, 06:00 PM   #15
WireRoad

Quote:
Exactly! That would fit right into the kind of place I mentioned.
I guess I just need to win a big lottery.
Something similar to this.
Wayne Toups plays there a lot, great Louisiana artist.
http://rockinwillys.com/events.html