1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Attractions

Old 04-09-2019, 11:02 AM   #1
justgohogs

New SDC Foods

I retired from a 40+ year career in radio last year. I don't miss radio but I sure do miss SDC broadcasts and getting to try the foods for each festival. What they can do with pork belly is unbelievable. LOL

https://www.feastmagazine.com/the-fe...#anchor_item_1
justgohogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 11:34 AM   #2
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by justgohogs View Post
I retired from a 40+ year career in radio last year. I don't miss radio but I sure do miss SDC broadcasts and getting to try the foods for each festival. What they can do with pork belly is unbelievable. LOL

https://www.feastmagazine.com/the-fe...#anchor_item_1
Thanks for the food info, always hoping for some new SDC goodies.
Enjoy your retirement.

Buffalo could fly if we would just stop eating their wings.
DalmatianDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 09:57 PM   #3
can'tcatchup
Super Ultra Member

I had one of those waffle cones filled with cashew chicken today at Silver Dollar city! Not bad!
can'tcatchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 09:02 AM   #4
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

Hmm...seems like more and more authentic 1880's Ozark food...so happy SDC is sticking to it's roots....yup, yup. Just think, there was a time when we satisfied out pallet with roasted corn, smoked turkey legs, or maybe smoked ham and cheese or turkey on whole wheat bread, along with pie, from the Sandwich Shop down by the tree house...how little we knew about that fancy city foodstuff from those big cities up in New York, or down New Orleans way....why, I do declare....wonder if next they will maybe remove the cane sorghum and mule, and replace it with some of that genu-Ine fine Paris wine, or cognac...Or maybe take out the embarrassing backwoods hillbilly succotash, and put in a fancy French crepe street side eatery...after all, gotta bring in some CULTURE to these backhills...yassirr.
leftsaidted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 05:31 AM   #5
craftemp
Ultra Member

Would love to try some of those but unfortunately won't be in Branson until November
Old 04-14-2019, 02:15 PM   #6
ozarksportsgal

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
Hmm...seems like more and more authentic 1880's Ozark food...so happy SDC is sticking to it's roots....yup, yup. Just think, there was a time when we satisfied out pallet with roasted corn, smoked turkey legs, or maybe smoked ham and cheese or turkey on whole wheat bread, along with pie, from the Sandwich Shop down by the tree house...how little we knew about that fancy city foodstuff from those big cities up in New York, or down New Orleans way....why, I do declare....wonder if next they will maybe remove the cane sorghum and mule, and replace it with some of that genu-Ine fine Paris wine, or cognac...Or maybe take out the embarrassing backwoods hillbilly succotash, and put in a fancy French crepe street side eatery...after all, gotta bring in some CULTURE to these backhills...yassirr.
Agree... with all you said.

OSG
ozarksportsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 10:46 AM   #7
WireRoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by can'tcatchup View Post
I had one of those waffle cones filled with cashew chicken today at Silver Dollar city! Not bad!
wondering where waffle cones filled with cashew chicken fits into the Ozark 1880's theme?
WireRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 01:18 PM   #8
can'tcatchup
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
wondering where waffle cones filled with cashew chicken fits into the Ozark 1880's theme?
WireRoad, I would have to guess that it fits in the same way that Wildfire, Time Traveler & some of the other things in the park do.
can'tcatchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 08:11 PM   #9
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WireRoad View Post
Waffle cones with cashew chicken are only available during the Festival of Wonder along with some other foods not usually served at SDC.
biscuitcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 04:21 AM   #10
kstater1997
Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
You do realize these foods are only there for the Festival of Wonder going on now?
kstater1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 09:32 AM   #11
WireRoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by can'tcatchup View Post
WireRoad, I would have to guess that it fits in the same way that Wildfire, Time Traveler & some of the other things in the park do.
very good point.
WireRoad is offline   Reply With Quote