1 Branson. com MO Forum
   

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Attractions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2019, 11:02 AM   #1
justgohogs
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Springdale, AR
Posts: 240
New SDC Foods

I retired from a 40+ year career in radio last year. I don't miss radio but I sure do miss SDC broadcasts and getting to try the foods for each festival. What they can do with pork belly is unbelievable. LOL

https://www.feastmagazine.com/the-fe...#anchor_item_1
justgohogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 11:34 AM   #2
DalmatianDad
aka - DD
 
DalmatianDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The Ozarks
Posts: 13,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by justgohogs View Post
I retired from a 40+ year career in radio last year. I don't miss radio but I sure do miss SDC broadcasts and getting to try the foods for each festival. What they can do with pork belly is unbelievable. LOL

https://www.feastmagazine.com/the-fe...#anchor_item_1
Thanks for the food info, always hoping for some new SDC goodies.
Enjoy your retirement.
__________________
.

.
Buffalo could fly if we would just stop eating their wings.
DalmatianDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 09:57 PM   #3
can'tcatchup
Super Ultra Member
 
can'tcatchup's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 4,343
I had one of those waffle cones filled with cashew chicken today at Silver Dollar city! Not bad!
can'tcatchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 09:02 AM   #4
leftsaidted
Ultra Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 806
Hmm...seems like more and more authentic 1880's Ozark food...so happy SDC is sticking to it's roots....yup, yup. Just think, there was a time when we satisfied out pallet with roasted corn, smoked turkey legs, or maybe smoked ham and cheese or turkey on whole wheat bread, along with pie, from the Sandwich Shop down by the tree house...how little we knew about that fancy city foodstuff from those big cities up in New York, or down New Orleans way....why, I do declare....wonder if next they will maybe remove the cane sorghum and mule, and replace it with some of that genu-Ine fine Paris wine, or cognac...Or maybe take out the embarrassing backwoods hillbilly succotash, and put in a fancy French crepe street side eatery...after all, gotta bring in some CULTURE to these backhills...yassirr.
leftsaidted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 05:31 AM   #5
craftemp
Ultra Member
 
craftemp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 514
Would love to try some of those but unfortunately won't be in Branson until November
__________________
Judy
craftemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 02:15 PM   #6
ozarksportsgal
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
Hmm...seems like more and more authentic 1880's Ozark food...so happy SDC is sticking to it's roots....yup, yup. Just think, there was a time when we satisfied out pallet with roasted corn, smoked turkey legs, or maybe smoked ham and cheese or turkey on whole wheat bread, along with pie, from the Sandwich Shop down by the tree house...how little we knew about that fancy city foodstuff from those big cities up in New York, or down New Orleans way....why, I do declare....wonder if next they will maybe remove the cane sorghum and mule, and replace it with some of that genu-Ine fine Paris wine, or cognac...Or maybe take out the embarrassing backwoods hillbilly succotash, and put in a fancy French crepe street side eatery...after all, gotta bring in some CULTURE to these backhills...yassirr.
Agree... with all you said.

OSG
ozarksportsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 10:46 AM   #7
WireRoad
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by can'tcatchup View Post
I had one of those waffle cones filled with cashew chicken today at Silver Dollar city! Not bad!
wondering where waffle cones filled with cashew chicken fits into the Ozark 1880's theme?
WireRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 01:18 PM   #8
can'tcatchup
Super Ultra Member
 
can'tcatchup's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 4,343
Quote:
wondering where waffle cones filled with cashew chicken fits into the Ozark 1880's theme?
WireRoad, I would have to guess that it fits in the same way that Wildfire, Time Traveler & some of the other things in the park do.
can'tcatchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 08:11 PM   #9
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member
 
biscuitcreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Arkansas Ozarks
Posts: 15,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by WireRoad View Post
wondering where waffle cones filled with cashew chicken fits into the Ozark 1880's theme?
Waffle cones with cashew chicken are only available during the Festival of Wonder along with some other foods not usually served at SDC.
biscuitcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 04:21 AM   #10
kstater1997
Ultra Member
 
kstater1997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Wichita, Kansas
Posts: 805
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
Hmm...seems like more and more authentic 1880's Ozark food...so happy SDC is sticking to it's roots....yup, yup. Just think, there was a time when we satisfied out pallet with roasted corn, smoked turkey legs, or maybe smoked ham and cheese or turkey on whole wheat bread, along with pie, from the Sandwich Shop down by the tree house...how little we knew about that fancy city foodstuff from those big cities up in New York, or down New Orleans way....why, I do declare....wonder if next they will maybe remove the cane sorghum and mule, and replace it with some of that genu-Ine fine Paris wine, or cognac...Or maybe take out the embarrassing backwoods hillbilly succotash, and put in a fancy French crepe street side eatery...after all, gotta bring in some CULTURE to these backhills...yassirr.
You do realize these foods are only there for the Festival of Wonder going on now?
kstater1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 09:32 AM   #11
WireRoad
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by can'tcatchup View Post
WireRoad, I would have to guess that it fits in the same way that Wildfire, Time Traveler & some of the other things in the park do.
very good point.
WireRoad is offline   Reply With Quote


 

Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SDC Christmas season foods... persimmons Branson Attractions 12 08-26-2012 11:25 AM
Comfort Foods Suselit Recipes, Cooking, & More 1 01-01-2012 02:40 PM
Foods you like one way and not another! ourocks4ever40 Just for Chit Chat 40 07-15-2008 03:50 PM
Have You Tried These Foods? YUMMY!!! Blaze2 Just for Chit Chat 0 06-02-2008 09:29 AM
Festival foods Gabriella Other Destinations 5 05-18-2007 01:56 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:58 PM.


--