1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Attractions

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2019, 09:14 PM   #1
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

New Attraction at the Ducks location..

Not sure what this means, no story line to go with it, But the Ducks may be no longer in Branson...??

http://bransontopops.com/
Old 03-20-2019, 09:22 PM   #2
OkieAnon

Ky3 and tri lakes both say announcement Thursday of some type of maze and laser tag. First year of operation 10 percent to be donated to first responders in the area.
Old 03-20-2019, 09:52 PM   #3
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Here’s the link to Kay3’s story:

https://www.kspr.com/content/news/We...507442611.html
Old 03-21-2019, 05:52 AM   #4
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanddunerider View Post
Not sure what this means, no story line to go with it, But the Ducks may be no longer in Branson...??

http://bransontopops.com/
Thanks for the update. Looks like something that could bring in the families to Branson.

Branson Show Reviews by SHOW GAL

http://BransonShowGal.wordpress.com/
Old 03-21-2019, 06:55 AM   #5
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieAnon View Post
Ky3 and tri lakes both say announcement Thursday of some type of maze and laser tag. First year of operation 10 percent to be donated to first responders in the area.
Actually it says that 10% of sales from 2019 will be donated, NOT a year....
2019 is almost a third over already, SO? more like donations from 6 months.

The donation is a nice touch, good cause, hopefully the place will be busy, and not fall on its face.

you know it will take 60-90 days minimum before they can be open IF they started tomorrow.

More lazer tag and games, just what we need.
Old 03-21-2019, 07:54 AM   #6
OkieAnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanddunerider View Post

More lazer tag and games, just what we need.

I don't know... I'm probably in the minority but for some reason when I read the story and looked at the pic last night the cringe meter went up to eeek for some reason. Why I don't know, maybe it was the paint job in the picture, a little over the top as if we'll slap some paint on here and people will forget this is where the Duck were, maybe it was the idea of another laser tag type attraction, just something.

we've stayed a lot of years at the Grand Victorian but next time back not sure, with additions to the roller coaster, the new ride at the tracks, and now laser tag, may have to think about it a little, may want to look for something in a different area.
Old 03-21-2019, 10:16 AM   #7
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Last edited by Suselit; 03-21-2019 at 10:18 AM.
Old 03-21-2019, 07:22 PM   #8
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WireRoad View Post
Did anyone actually think the Ducks would be back in Branson?
Nope. Never. And I don't recall speaking with anyone else who did either.
Old 03-21-2019, 08:56 PM   #9
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

This story from KY3 says the Ducks won't operate in 2019.

https://www.ky3.com/content/news/Rip...507464251.html

Doesn't say it is a permanent closure.
Old 03-22-2019, 11:03 AM   #10
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
The people hat I talked to in town, owners and manager of shows and venues, all agreed.
Their opinion was basically the Duncks would not be back. 1 reason, The Liablility and business insurance would be so excessivley high, there is not way to offset the cost..

Time will tell..
Old 03-22-2019, 03:27 PM   #11
tortminder
Mobile Methane Generator

All sweeping generalizations are wrong... including this one.

"dictum meum pactum"
My word is my bond

Laughter is the best medicine... unless you have diarrhea!

Old 03-22-2019, 04:53 PM   #12
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
OK,I'll play. I think the ducks will be back someday. Of course, they will undergo MANY changes before that day.

Buffalo could fly if we would just stop eating their wings.
Old 03-23-2019, 08:49 PM   #13
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

Well...in 1999 a "Duck" boat sank in Lake Hamilton outside of Hot Springs, Arkansas, killing 13 people. That tourist attraction is still up and running to this day, taking people around Hot Springs and out onto Lake Hamilton.so I see no reason the Branson facility could do likewise. Insurance could be secured with the same company who underwrite the Hot Springs facility, or another ins company...then again, they could also join a "consortium" and be self insured....there ARE several options available....time will tell if it returns to Branson or nit.
Old 03-26-2019, 11:02 PM   #14
MrSunshine

This was a horrible and sad event since lives were lost. There are so many that say they would never go on this attraction ever again. Do we have the same feeling about plane crashes? train derailments? boating accidents? car crashes? amusement park accidents? For some it may take time to trust these forms of transportation. New and better advancements in safety are created so these accidents don't happen in the future. How many years was Ride the Ducks in operation before all this happened? 47 years and thousands of people (including myself) were able to go and enjoy this activity.

This was a freak storm. When you looked at it on radar it was still seven miles from making to the area of the accident. It was winds ahead of the storm that did not show on radar. (Unless you switch over to wind speeds.) Now there are a ton of what ifs.... What if the captain had been able to turn the duck and go with the flow of the water. They would have floated down the lake until they hit land. Or could he have just beach it on or near the small island and waited for help? If anyone of us were surprised by this kind of storm, could we have made the best decision in the heat of the moment?

I think this year they are waiting to see how all of the court cases/indictments turn out and perhaps like some others said, find a company that perhaps after government NTSB new safety recommendations could possibly re-open.

I am familiar with this case since my father was a duck captain and just happen to be off that day.
Old 03-27-2019, 06:08 AM   #15
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

I for one, would not be hesitant to ride the ducks again.. I really liked the little cruise they had at the landing..

Closed Thread