1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Old 10-19-2019, 12:08 AM   #1
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Thumbs up Showboat Branson Belle

Saw the show tonight. 8:00 PM cruise. One word would be "impressed"! But one word can't describe the excellence of the new show. Awesome entertainers from top to bottom. The band, the dancers, and oh the singers. I think the most talented group ever assembled on the Belle. Christopher James' magic was, as always, magical. A very talented magician indeed. He even seemed to tone down some of the corniness, but retained the comedy. Which was a real pleasure for me.
The musical selections really made the show. True classic rock that ranged from Van Halen to Elvis. From Journey to The Eagles. Just an amazing, and completely entertaining evening of exceptional music, comedy, and fun.
Throw in a great meal, and you have one of Branson's best complete packages.
Old 10-19-2019, 10:39 AM   #2
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Thanks for the review. Had not heard that classic rock was the musical theme this year. Might be time for a return visit.
biscuitcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 10:53 AM   #3
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
Saw the show tonight. 8:00 PM cruise. One word would be "impressed"! But one word can't describe the excellence of the new show. Awesome entertainers from top to bottom. The band, the dancers, and oh the singers. I think the most talented group ever assembled on the Belle. Christopher James' magic was, as always, magical. A very talented magician indeed. He even seemed to tone down some of the corniness, but retained the comedy. Which was a real pleasure for me.
The musical selections really made the show. True classic rock that ranged from Van Halen to Elvis. From Journey to The Eagles. Just an amazing, and completely entertaining evening of exceptional music, comedy, and fun.
Throw in a great meal, and you have one of Branson's best complete packages.
SO? is this an all new show from the last 2 or 3 years? Or a few new numbers wrapped into the previous show?
Old 10-19-2019, 11:16 AM   #4
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

I think it's all new. 'm sure I went last year, and they still had the Showmen, the cloggers, the old band.
This is all new to me. Two of the members of the Showmen are in among the singers along with another guy, and two girls. Three dancers, a guy and two girls. New band including keyboardist, and music director Andy Oberg formally with the Cajun Connection. The bass player is the same. I think he's been with every show since the beginning.
Old 10-19-2019, 11:23 AM   #5
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Doing a search for past threads, it seems this is the second year for this show with about 40% changed from last year. Guess I didn't go last year.
What ever, it an awesome show, and right up at the top of Branson entertainment!
Worth the price for dinner and a show with the cruise on the lake a bonus. When you add in the great discount for SDC season pass holders, it the best bargain in Branson!