1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Old 10-17-2019, 09:55 PM   #1
Branson Junkie
Super Ultra Member

Shows We Saw This Week

Two shows today. First was the Dailey & Vincent show at the Mansion. This is the third time I've seen them in person, and I'll have to say it will be the last. The first time I saw them in Keokuk, IA several years ago I thought it was one of the best concerts I'd ever seen. The last two times I've felt like it was a thrown together show with little rhyme or reason to it. Today's show began at 3 and at 4:15 they walked off the stage. No intermission - which is fine by us - but the crowd was somewhat taken aback by their abrupt departure. Tonight we saw Nashville Nights, which is a new show in a new venue. The cast worked very hard to entertain and it was a good show. I'm sure they're still working through some issues, and I'm no musical expert - just an avid country music fan. Hope things work out for Billy and the cast. Keep it up. Ate there before the show and food was good.
Branson Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 08:34 AM   #2
Daydreamer

We saw the new Nashville Nights show this week and agree that the cast worked hard to entertain and it is a good show! Something a little different for Branson. We enjoyed the venue with the availability of food and beverages. We will return.

Last edited by Daydreamer; 10-18-2019 at 09:24 AM.
Daydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 09:16 AM   #3
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branson Junkie View Post
Two shows today. First was the Dailey & Vincent show at the Mansion. This is the third time I've seen them in person, and I'll have to say it will be the last. The first time I saw them in Keokuk, IA several years ago I thought it was one of the best concerts I'd ever seen. The last two times I've felt like it was a thrown together show with little rhyme or reason to it. Today's show began at 3 and at 4:15 they walked off the stage. No intermission - which is fine by us - but the crowd was somewhat taken aback by their abrupt departure. Tonight we saw Nashville Nights, which is a new show in a new venue. The cast worked very hard to entertain and it was a good show. I'm sure they're still working through some issues, and I'm no musical expert - just an avid country music fan. Hope things work out for Billy and the cast. Keep it up. Ate there before the show and food was good.
Thanks for the reviews. DH and I have discussed going to see Dailey and Vincent in concert because we enjoy their show on RFD-TV. Guess we will just keep watching the TV show.

What's the pricing on food at Nashville Nights?
biscuitcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 10:56 AM   #4
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitcreek View Post
What's the pricing on food at Nashville Nights?
Their food prices are actually fairly reasonable. I had a great Western Burger with fries for $12 when I was there. The French Dip sandwich someone else in our party had was about the same price. As I recall, nothing was really outlandishly priced.
bransoncutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 02:57 PM   #5
Branson Junkie
Super Ultra Member

I would agree that the food prices are similar to what you see in other restaurants in the area. My husband had a French Dip that he said was very good. I had the nachos with beef. They were okay, but I wouldn't order them again.
Old 10-19-2019, 10:13 AM   #6
Branson Junkie
Super Ultra Member

Two more shows last night, and these were even better than anticipated. Gene Watson proved last night why he is so highly regarded by his fans. This entertainer (and he is more than a singer - he's an entertainer) was on stage for one hour and fifty minutes without an intermission. During that time he sang many of his songs, though not all, and sounded as good as ever. What a great performance. I won't pass up a chance to see Gene when I get a chance. Following that show we hurried to Branson Country USA, the late night show at the Grand Music Hall. It too was wonderful, but how can you go wrong with a cast like they've got. Enjoyed the special guest, but I apologize since I can't remember his name at this time. The highlight of the show for me were the 3 fiddles on the Bob Wills song. Sounds like a good one for your funeral, Mike, but let's put that off for many years. Great show. I know I can always depend on your guys to close my Friday on a positive note.
Old 10-19-2019, 10:14 AM   #7
Branson Junkie
Super Ultra Member

Travis Scott was the special guest on Branson Country USA and he did a great job too.
Old 10-19-2019, 10:51 AM   #8
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Went to the saturday night showing of Nashville Nights last sat. Had the Sirloin Steak... Yummy!!! Came with "potatoes Medley", wasnt i,pressed with that choice, but they said they were going to change that up. They did bring me an order of Steak Fries!, Good Stuff. Wife had Bacon/chicken/chedder ranch sandwhich with fries.. she said it was very good!.

Great visit to Branson, We drove down just to see the 1 new show, stayed at Oxark Valley Inn, them back home sunday..

With Choices (the new venue) starting live entertainment after hours this weekend, and the Nice large Dance Floor and eats and drinks after hours.. This is going to be the go to place for after hours music and dancing...
Old 10-19-2019, 01:11 PM   #9
can'tcatchup
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanddunerider View Post
Had the Sirloin Steak... Yummy!!! Came with "potatoes Medley", wasnt i,pressed with that choice, but they said they were going to change that up.
Do they have other cuts of steak on their menu as well? What is the price of the Sirloin Steak dinner?
can'tcatchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 02:23 PM   #10
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by can'tcatchup View Post
Do they have other cuts of steak on their menu as well? What is the price of the Sirloin Steak dinner?
NO. sirloin dinner 19.00 bucks,
steak, taters, had a side of rice, and dinner salad..
Old 10-20-2019, 07:22 PM   #11
Branson Junkie
Super Ultra Member

This afternoon we attended Billy Yates' Songwriters in the Round. Very entertaining and informative. I'm a huge country music fan and one of the things I particularly enjoy about it is the song lyrics. I am always looking for a song that gives me something to think about. Billy, Leona Williams and Max T. Barnes have lots of great songs between them.
Old 10-22-2019, 08:04 PM   #12
Branson Junkie
Super Ultra Member

Our final show was Family Reunion at the Mansion. What a show. Wth a cast like Bill Anderson, Jeannie Sealey, Dallas Wayne, The Malpass Brothers, Tea Goins, T. Graham Brown, Mickey Gilley and Johnny Lee, how could we go wrong. They each sang several songs, and nearly 3 hours later the curtain came down. Great, great show!! Go if you get the chance.