1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Living in Branson > Local Branson / Tri-Lakes Area Issues

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 07:09 PM   #1
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Plans For Gondolas in Branson Moving Forward

Time will tell. Private funds. Still in the planning phase. When I see some stations being built and cable strung, we will know it really is happening.

http://www.ozarksfirst.com/news/plan...ard/1232083711

Last edited by soxster; 06-11-2018 at 07:18 PM.
Old 06-12-2018, 07:25 PM   #2
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

Hopefully, the city will be intelligent enough to demand UP FRONT, some "Reclamation Fees", to be used when (if) this venture goes belly up, so the entire strip and highways to SDC from Branson will not be left with dangling cables, gondolas, wait stations, etc...save us the same old same old that we have seen for decades in failed hotels, theatres, etc....they just kinda hang around until the weather finally does them in, so to speak, leaving unsightly, empty concrete slabs, exposed rebar, and other misc DE-construction debris for umpteen years....
Old 06-13-2018, 09:00 AM   #3
billj598

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
Hopefully, the city will be intelligent enough to demand UP FRONT, some "Reclamation Fees", to be used when (if) this venture goes belly up, so the entire strip and highways to SDC from Branson will not be left with dangling cables, gondolas, wait stations, etc...save us the same old same old that we have seen for decades in failed hotels, theatres, etc....they just kinda hang around until the weather finally does them in, so to speak, leaving unsightly, empty concrete slabs, exposed rebar, and other misc DE-construction debris for umpteen years....
Agreed that there should be an escrow account for what you are describing but only if that is required for any and all developments and not just singling out the Gondola.

However, they are planning on building and operating this transportation system with private money instead of on the taxpayer's dime and it will not compete with pre-existing attractions so my hat's off to them for that and I wish them the best.

Noticed they cut back their original route-plans to end at SOH and 76 and that is both a plus and a minus. Shopping and show attendance are going to be enhanced but I hope the owners make some provision for returning stranded riders to their origin via surface transportation when one of our sudden T-Storms blows up and the ride has to be temporarily shut down for safety.
Old 06-17-2018, 07:56 AM   #4
billj598

Are rights-of-way necessary for an overhead cable ride ? I can see the necessity for the pylons and "stations" where riders will board and exit.
Old 06-17-2018, 08:03 AM   #5
NotJLB
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billj598 View Post
Are rights-of-way necessary for an overhead cable ride ? I can see the necessity for the pylons and "stations" where riders will board and exit.
yes or no

The city is also being asked to contribute about $12 to $15 million toward the project, but that wouldn't be in the form of direct financial assistance. Rather, the company wants to be able to use city-owned right of ways or to get assistance in acquiring easements.

https://www.news-leader.com/story/ne...trip/74618280/

- - - - - -
In the update posted below, this is still an issue:

According to Green, the company still needs to discuss getting easements from property owners where the terminals will be located.

"The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is."
Winston Churchill

Last edited by NotJLB; 06-23-2018 at 12:40 PM.
Old 06-17-2018, 05:42 PM   #6
Oracle

Looks like they have a solid "idea" to build the Gondolas, all they need is everything else!
Old 06-23-2018, 09:52 AM   #7
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Gondola update in this free article from Branson Tri-Lakes News:

http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_...57c893284.html

Basically there is still a search for funding. Proposed route is from downtown Branson along 76 to the Butterfly Palace.
Old 06-23-2018, 05:40 PM   #8
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitcreek View Post
Gondola update in this free article from Branson Tri-Lakes News:

http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_...57c893284.html

Basically there is still a search for funding. Proposed route is from downtown Branson along 76 to the Butterfly Palace.

Shorter route, BUT more money. I wonder if they talked to Johnny morris yet?
Old 06-23-2018, 06:05 PM   #9
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanddunerider View Post
Shorter route, BUT more money. I wonder if they talked to Johnny morris yet?
Branson Landing to the top of the rock.
Old 06-24-2018, 05:59 PM   #10
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
I wonder if they talked to Johnny morris yet?
Not likely. Where would the profit for him be?
Old 07-11-2018, 12:29 PM   #11
Chittlins

They could talk up time shares all the way down there.

Closed Thread