1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Old 03-19-2020, 10:15 AM   #1
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Are there actually shows

That are so money hungry they are disregarding the measures put torth by the CDC to stop the spread of COVID-19?
People who put their own pocket book ahead of the health, and safety of everybody!
Old 03-19-2020, 10:21 AM   #2
otterchaos

So, you're asking what shows are still open?
otterchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 11:03 AM   #3
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

No, I'm asking WHY?
Old 03-19-2020, 11:59 AM   #4
WireRoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
That are so money hungry they are disregarding the measures put torth by the CDC to stop the spread of COVID-19?
People who put their own pocket book ahead of the health, and safety of everybody!
That's an excellent question, I've kinda been keeping track as of last night and I did notice a few holdouts still open. I'm afraid to comment now because things are changing so fast, like quicker than an hourly basis. If people still insist it's safe to stay open I'm not sure who they're listening to.
WireRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 12:18 PM   #5
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WireRoad View Post
That's an excellent question, I've kinda been keeping track as of last night and I did notice a few holdouts still open. I'm afraid to comment now because things are changing so fast, like quicker than an hourly basis. If people still insist it's safe to stay open I'm not sure who they're listening to.
I think it would be important to remember those who believe endangering the health of others is a good business model in the future.
Are they so close to closing down permanently anyway that they are grasping at their final straws?
Old 03-19-2020, 02:37 PM   #6
mikee
Ultra Member

shows during virus

Yes, some are probably close to closing up for good. This has to be tough for any of them and even if they were doing O.K. they may not make a come back. Just think of the rent and mtg. payments and no money coming in and possibly losing $20 to $40,000 in ticket sales in a day, Branson may never be the same again.
mikee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 03:43 PM   #7
Branson Friend

Quote:
I think it would be important to remember those who believe endangering the health of others is a good business model in the future.
Are they so close to closing down permanently anyway that they are grasping at their final straws?
Any company ignoring the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention deserves to go out of business. This pandemic far outweighs the financial distress that all of us are suffering. I would rather go broke doing the right thing than profit by risking the lives of others.
Branson Friend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 03:46 PM   #8
WireRoad

Quote:
I just saw where Branson Belle now closed. That was one of the last ones still open.
Old 03-19-2020, 04:22 PM   #9
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

I don’t think they are necessarily greedy. I know some are still open because they are not wanting to take away their employees livelihoods. That’s a huge thing for some of these people.
bransoncutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 05:14 PM   #10
Branson Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransoncutie View Post
I don’t think they are necessarily greedy. I know some are still open because they are not wanting to take away their employees livelihoods. That’s a huge thing for some of these people.
It is the definition of greed. If they are more concerned about the economic well-being of themselves or their employees over the lives of their customers, that is greed. The vast majority of us who have followed CDC guidelines are not doing it because we are heroes, we are simply doing the right thing. We don’t need any praise or awards. However, those who choose money over safety are greedy.
Old 03-19-2020, 08:18 PM   #11
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
The Branson Board of Aldermen has voted to limit public gatherings to 10 people. Enclosed public spaces would be limited to 50 people.
So what will the greedy ones do next. Limit their shows to 50 people?
Old 03-19-2020, 10:53 PM   #12
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branson Friend View Post
It is the definition of greed. If they are more concerned about the economic well-being of themselves or their employees over the lives of their customers, that is greed. The vast majority of us who have followed CDC guidelines are not doing it because we are heroes, we are simply doing the right thing. We don’t need any praise or awards. However, those who choose money over safety are greedy.
Sorry, but I will have to respectively disagree with you on this. In some instances, yes. But not in all. And yes, I know this for a fact from private conversations from people whom I trust and respect.
bransoncutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 11:18 PM   #13
Branson Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransoncutie View Post
Sorry, but I will have to respectively disagree with you on this. In some instances, yes. But not in all. And yes, I know this for a fact from private conversations from people whom I trust and respect.
You know “what” for a fact? That they have a magic cone of disease free seating where no one could get sick and die from this pandemic? You are disagreeing with a FACT. It is not my opinion that someone has chosen to disregard the recommendations of health experts, it is a fact they are doing so. It is not an honorable thing to choose financial gain over the health of those who have helped you achieve that financial gain.

The CDC did not say it’s OK to keep presenting events with crowds of 50 or more people as long as you need the money. There are too many apologists for people in this town because they have to protect the “puppy dogs and rainbows” image of Branson. Many of us are suffering huge financial hits, that is not enjoyable. But we don’t endanger our customers, co-workers and associates so that we are not hurt financially. It is so distressing that someone could possibly defend such an indefensible business practice. All one has to do is look at other cities around the country and see the willingness they have to shut down money making venues in the interest of safety. Do I think these few Branson business people WANT other people to get sick and die? Certainly not. Do I think they have put their financial interests ahead of the safety of others? Absolutely.

Last edited by Branson Friend; 03-20-2020 at 12:28 AM.
Old 03-20-2020, 08:19 AM   #14
WireRoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branson Friend View Post
You know “what” for a fact? That they have a magic cone of disease free seating where no one could get sick and die from this pandemic? You are disagreeing with a FACT. It is not my opinion that someone has chosen to disregard the recommendations of health experts, it is a fact they are doing so. It is not an honorable thing to choose financial gain over the health of those who have helped you achieve that financial gain.

The CDC did not say it’s OK to keep presenting events with crowds of 50 or more people as long as you need the money. There are too many apologists for people in this town because they have to protect the “puppy dogs and rainbows” image of Branson. Many of us are suffering huge financial hits, that is not enjoyable. But we don’t endanger our customers, co-workers and associates so that we are not hurt financially. It is so distressing that someone could possibly defend such an indefensible business practice. All one has to do is look at other cities around the country and see the willingness they have to shut down money making venues in the interest of safety. Do I think these few Branson business people WANT other people to get sick and die? Certainly not. Do I think they have put their financial interests ahead of the safety of others? Absolutely.
It's a no-brainer and not even worth debating. EVERYTHING in Branson SHOULD shut down NOW. Yes, everyone is losing money, Yes, it sucks big time for everyone. This is an unprecedented time in American History. This ain't no joke.
Old 03-20-2020, 09:19 AM   #15
Coach Man
Super Ultra Member

What's with the "Virus Deniers?"

Coach Man.