1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2020, 09:16 AM   #1
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Grand Jubilee

Due to Mother Nature spreading snow every weekend in the K.C. area, I had to wait until last night to get to Branson to see the 2020 version of Grand Jubilee. It was certainly worth waiting for. Each year I say the show could not get any better and each year Mike Patrick proves me to be wrong.

I loved the choices of songs this year. There were enough of the songs from previous years to bring back good memories and let us know we were in the right place but enough new songs to give the show an updated look. I especially liked the new songs by New South, done as only the best quartet in Branson could do them. The costumes went well with the songs and, as always, were in good taste.

The thing I noticed most about the new show was the choreography that New South has in their numbers. They have always been mobile and lively on stage but they have added some new steps, turns and motions that definitely hold your interest.

As always, the very best thing about this show, and something I do not see in some shows, is the family feel of all the entertainers on stage. You can tell they enjoy performing together and work as a family, which makes the audience feel like part of their family.

The best season yet guys and thanks for giving all of us a chance to view an awesome show each time we are in Branson. Love you guys !!!!

Branson Show Reviews by SHOW GAL

http://BransonShowGal.wordpress.com/
Old 02-23-2020, 12:11 PM   #2
GNEE
Super Ultra Member

Thanks for the update. I love this show and it's a must see whenever we're in Branson. Is Jackie Brown still in the show? I just love her. I think she's the best female singer in town.
Old 02-23-2020, 04:41 PM   #3
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

It's strange, but I've been to this show maybe 3 times in 10 or 15 years...and just never "got it", what everyone raves about. Were there parts of the show that I enjoyed, yea...2 or 3...but each time I was GLAD when it was over. Guess I will go give it another try..see how it goes this time.
Old 02-24-2020, 05:00 AM   #4
KJN
Super Ultra Member

Good post Show Gal! We love Grand Jubilee and Mike Patrick does a great job as producer. Jackie Brown is still in the show. We only get to Branson a couple of times a year, but we still have a season pass for Grand Country. So many great shows in Branson, and this is one of our top 3. We always leave this show just "feeling so good" and uplifted.
Old 02-24-2020, 08:13 AM   #5
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
It's strange, but I've been to this show maybe 3 times in 10 or 15 years...and just never "got it", what everyone raves about. Were there parts of the show that I enjoyed, yea...2 or 3...but each time I was GLAD when it was over. Guess I will go give it another try..see how it goes this time.
So sorry that you don't enjoy what so many of us do but everyone has a right to their opinion. In my opinion if I ONLY heard their quarter, New South, sing and the Grand Band play, I would call it a great evening.

I have heard many bands in Branson but not one that even begins to measure up to the Grand Band. I sometimes find it difficult to concentrate on the feature performer on stage, no matter how good they might be, due to listening to the Grand Band. No just standing around playing an instrument, these guys put personality into their playing, that makes most of us really enjoy their music.

As for their quartet, New South, they have a variety of music to please the entire crowd, which more often than not, is a sell out. Their solos, duets and harmonizing is second to none. They also put personality into their singing along with some choreography.

I have been to many shows in Branson through many years and have seen so many performers come across as "We'll be glad when this is over". I sometimes look for them to check their watches. When I see this show I see a group that is like a family and a family that enjoys playing together and playing for their audience.

I hope you will attend one of there shows soon as you are missing out on such awesome talent. So many, many people just can't be wrong.

Branson Show Reviews by SHOW GAL

http://BransonShowGal.wordpress.com/
Old 02-26-2020, 08:36 AM   #6
Grangie
Ultra Member

I can't wait to see the show this spring, we go every year at least once.
Old 02-26-2020, 11:56 AM   #7
jhnwia

I'll be there in mid-April. I prefer the morning Downhome Country show to Grand Jubilee, but usually see both. I already have purchased a ticket for New South's afternoon gospel show, which often sells out as they only do it once a week.
Old 02-26-2020, 12:01 PM   #8
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

You are so right on all counts Show Gal! This year's show is better than ever! I don't know how Mike keeps topping himself every year, but he surely does! Of course, it does not hurt a bit that he has one of the very best, most talented cast and band ensembles in town! Mike just has a great ear for what songs will work best for his cast, and for who he can put together for another spectacular duet or trio!

Closed Thread