Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2003, 09:06 AM   #1
BeagleDad
Ultra Member

Shows from this past weekend

We saw three shows this past Friday, Saturday, & Sunday (12/04 - 12/06). ı

Sander’s Family Christmas (Smoke on the Mountain). I loved Smoke on the Mountain, ıand picked this my choice. It was as wonderful as the original. Lots of laughing and ıcrying as well as good old fashion singing. I think this is the best show I have seen in ıBranson. One note of warning if you go. DO NOT sit low down on the side sections. If ıyou can’t sit in the center section, try to reschedule when you can or sit up as high as ıpossible on the side sections. We had second row left and just couldn’t see a lot of the ıshow. At intermission we changed to some unused seats on the top row. Still a lot better ıthen our original seats.ı

Broadway – This was my wife’s choice. Her and my daughter loved it. My 10 year old ıson really did not care for it at all. I was somewhere in between. Everything was ıperformed first rate, but just not my ‘cup of tea’. Wished it had a little Christmas to it, but ıit had nothing, not even a Christmas tree in the Lobby.ı

Presleys – We all 4 really enjoyed this show. The first half was their traditional show, and ıthen they converted to Christmas for the second half. Kids really enjoyed the comedy (as ıwell as Mom and Dad).ı

All the shows were pretty full but I think their might have been an empty seat or two in ıeach theater. Really enjoyed them all.ı
Old 12-08-2003, 04:25 PM   #2
Branson Mom
Just me

Thanks for posting BeagleDad. Sounds like you had a great time!!
Old 12-08-2003, 08:03 PM   #3
KJN
Super Ultra Member

I enjoyed your review. I really think we are going to have to try the Presleys sometime. There are always such good reviews about them on this board. Glad you had a good time.
Old 12-08-2003, 09:07 PM   #4
Double Mom
Packer Fan

Thanks for sharing...I just came back a week ago and can't wait to get back again!!
Old 12-09-2003, 07:51 AM   #5
catyshak
Ultra Member

I don't think you will be disappointed if you see the Presleys-it's one of our MUST SEE shows. We love the comedy but also the musical part is great! They do songs from the 50's, country and gospel-all the vocals are great. I especially enjoy Jay Wicheiser(sp?) I think he's just great. John Presley plays a great piano and has a way of rolling his eyes that is so cute! All in all it's one of the fastest 2 hours in Branson, they really pack a lot of enjoyment into their program. Give it a try!
Old 12-09-2003, 03:00 PM   #6
Double Mom
Packer Fan

WingMan...I hear 'ya, we love everything about Branson...We're hoping to make the move in 5-10 yrs, sooner if possible!!!

Closed Thread