1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Just for Chit Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2003, 03:09 PM   #1
ChandlerGirl695
Board Quizmeister

Bering Strait

Hi all! I want to recommend that everyone take a listen to the awesome Russian group Bering Strait! I bought their CD a few days ago and am SOOO addicted! My personal favorite track on their CD is the Russian traditional called Porushka-Paranya. People really give me strange looks when I drive down the roads with my windows down and have Russian bluegrass blaring from my speakers... but that only makes me turn the volume up louder! I loved their CD so much that I sent them a card congratulating them on such good work and their manager emailed me this afternoon with a request to call him. I was skeptical... but I did... and he actually THANKED ME PERSONALLY for writing and we spoke for quite a while about the band and what they have planned for the future! This is a class act! BERING STRAIT ROCKS!! Check them out!

http://www.beringstraitonline.com
Old 04-18-2003, 06:09 PM   #2
Double Mom
Packer Fan

Hi ChandlerGirl695. I checked out the web-site and have to say I agree with you, they rock. I had heard of them but never really heard any of their songs until I went to their web-site. My daughter is doing some shopping and I called her on her cell phone and told her to see if she could find their cd for me. I hope she found it and bought one for me!
Old 04-18-2003, 08:28 PM   #3
ChandlerGirl695
Board Quizmeister

I hope so too! You will love it! Mr. Kinnamon also informed me that the band will have a DVD available on May 20 - I absolutely can not wait to get my hands on that!
Old 04-19-2003, 06:31 AM   #4
Double Mom
Packer Fan

ChandlerGirl695, I talked to my daughter briefly before I went out last night and she didn't find the cd She only checked at 2 stores, she ran out of time. I will check when I get to the bigger town near us. I'm still hoping to find it!!
Old 04-19-2003, 11:24 AM   #5
ChandlerGirl695
Board Quizmeister

Oh no! Continue to look... I promise it IS out there somewhere! Mine came from Wal-Mart. *lol* Be sure to play the CD on your computer when you do find a copy - it also has two music videos and the trailer for their DVD documentary that will be released on May 20!
Old 04-19-2003, 03:42 PM   #6
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

These kids are great. I saw them on the Grand Old Opry, and then featured on some Magazine Show on the TV......I wanna say 60 minutes.

They really rock, and they are terribly talented, and they play classical music beautifully.

Their Russian Bluegrass reminds me of the Scandinavian Music that I heard on records on a wind up victrola, when I was a little bitty kid.

And, actually they play one song, that sounds much like sounds of old Polish Polka records. I believe a guy named Frankie Yankovich did something similar.

Boy, did that make me dig deep into the memory bank....yowsers.
Old 04-23-2003, 02:13 PM   #7
ChandlerGirl695
Board Quizmeister

Hey Double Mom!

Have you found that CD yet?
Old 04-23-2003, 06:51 PM   #8
Tabster

ChandlerGirl695 - thanks for sharing about this group. I listened to a couple of the tracks & really liked them - ordered the CD from Amazon, got it today & have been playing it this afternoon.
They have a great sound!! It's always nice to hear something new.
Thanks again...
Old 04-23-2003, 08:20 PM   #9
Double Mom
Packer Fan

ChandlerGirl695,
I haven't found it yet On Sun. my son and I are going to go shopping. We'll be going to a city about an hour from here, it's bigger than the little town I live in. I hopping to get it then, if not I'll order one. I want it!!!
Double Mom
Old 04-23-2003, 08:39 PM   #10
ChandlerGirl695
Board Quizmeister

Double Mom: Good luck in your search! It will be well worth it!

Tabster: Thanks for the compliments on the band! I know they will appreciate them!
Old 05-05-2003, 10:47 PM   #11
ChandlerGirl695
Board Quizmeister

To Double Mom

Hi! I read in another thread that you found the Bering Strait CD - woohoo! What is your favorite song/songs? Also... have you been able to put the CD in your computer? The music videos are great and the trailer for their documentary is great! Sasha cracks me up! What a cutie! Hee hee.
Old 05-06-2003, 07:36 AM   #12
Double Mom
Packer Fan

I have to say I love 'em all! If I were to pick a favorite it would be.....Porushka-Paranya.....it is so upbeat and makes ya want to move. I just wish I know what they were saying!!! I also like.. What Is It About you.
I'm so glad I found the cd.....I play it all the time, even my day care kids like to listen to it. They love dancing to Porushka-Paranya, it's cute watching them!!
I haven't put it in the computer yet, I'll try that during nap time!
Have a great day!!!
Double Mom
Old 05-06-2003, 09:03 AM   #13
ChandlerGirl695
Board Quizmeister

I have to say that I agree with you - I love them all! Porushka-Paranya was my early favorite until I sat down and focused all my attention on listening to the entire CD. I am working on learning the words! *lol* Bearing Straight was the reason I bought the CD... I Could Be Persuaded and I'm Not Missing You are such awesome power ballads... The Trouble With Love totally makes me laugh because it sounds a lot like me... so does When Going Home in regards to my leaving Branson... what a great great great CD! Hope you get to put it in the computer during nap time!
Old 05-06-2003, 01:13 PM   #14
Double Mom
Packer Fan

Hey ChandlerGirl695 when you figure out the words let me know *lol* I really want to know what it says! My husband told me to go to a farmer he knows who has a huge farm and play it for the guys employers because he has some Russians that work for him. He said maybe they could tell me what the words are.
I agree it's a great cd!
I'm not good with computers and didn't get it to work in the computer.....any ideas to help me out? My son always teases me when he's here that I have no computer knowledge*lol* I have to agree with him
Old 05-07-2003, 10:57 PM   #15
ChandlerGirl695
Board Quizmeister

ACK! I read this post and meant to come back and respond later... but I forgot! I have been soooo unbelievably busy these past two weeks! Do you have QuickTime on your computer? I have to put the CD in and open the appropriate drive and open the files that way. I hope you manage to figure it out! The little movies are as good as the whole CD!

Closed Thread