1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Other Destinations

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 11:09 AM   #1
ThunderHockeyFan
Super Ultra Member

Disney World 2011

I had to start this thread. I know that there are at least three of us on this board going to WDW next year. Lots of specials released recently. We got in on free dining again! Anyone else going down??
Old 08-26-2010, 11:23 AM   #2
LoveToTravel
Super Ultra Member

Well since you asked......we are going next year if we don't have another major hit to our budget. We just had to have our HUGE sweet gum tree trimmed due to stress cracks from the weight of the gum balls. That was a $2500 expense. We too are taking advantage of free dining. Our dates are late May/early June. Sadly we had to cancel our Labor Day trip to Branson though but might squeeze in for a 2-nighter in October.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:09 PM   #3
shis1
Str8fn

I read where another of our buddies got in on the 'free dining'......what is that? Only been to WDW once and that was back in 1987, so don't know much about the place. Just curious!
Old 08-26-2010, 01:13 PM   #4
ThunderHockeyFan
Super Ultra Member

One of the popular discounts they put out is free dining. You basically pay rack rate for the room portion but you get the dining plan for free. Depending on what level of resort you stay in determines which plan. We have gotten in on that deal the last two trips and we have saved close to $1000.00. Lots of food!
Old 08-26-2010, 01:18 PM   #5
shis1
Str8fn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderHockeyFan View Post
One of the popular discounts they put out is free dining. You basically pay rack rate for the room portion but you get the dining plan for free. Depending on what level of resort you stay in determines which plan. We have gotten in on that deal the last two trips and we have saved close to $1000.00. Lots of food!
So this means your meals are 'free'?????? If so, do you have a choice of menu, or 'take what they give you"?
Old 08-26-2010, 01:46 PM   #6
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

We are going to WDW in September 2010 for part of our honeymoon and then again in January 2011 to meet some friends from Minnesota. Our lodging is pre-paid by my ownership in the Disney Vacation Club (similar to a time-share for Disney resorts) so we don't have the free Disney Dining Plan option. I always buy the "Tables in Wonderland" card for $75 which give you 20% off all food and liquor charges for a year. It usually saves me hundreds more than what it costs, but is available only to annual pass-holders (which I am) and Florida residents (which I am not!).

Good Times in Branson
Old 08-26-2010, 01:56 PM   #7
ThunderHockeyFan
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNtraveler View Post
We are going to WDW in September 2010 for part of our honeymoon and then again in January 2011 to meet some friends from Minnesota. Our lodging is pre-paid by my ownership in the Disney Vacation Club (similar to a time-share for Disney resorts) so we don't have the free Disney Dining Plan option. I always buy the "Tables in Wonderland" card for $75 which give you 20% off all food and liquor charges for a year. It usually saves me hundreds more than what it costs, but is available only to annual pass-holders (which I am) and Florida residents (which I am not!).

We would love to buy into DVC but that is just a dream right now. Where is your home resort?

We are seriously thinking about doing Disneyland in 2012.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:52 PM   #8
LoveToTravel
Super Ultra Member

Before my daughter was born my husband and I used to do Disney World multiple times a year and were season pass holders for several years. We were childless then, in our 30's so what else did we have to spend money on. Now we are lucky if we get in one trip per year (children's are expensive) but our daughter, age 7, has already been 5 times. Would love to join DVC but just can't do that right now. Hey, Thunder Hockey, we are trying POP Century for the first time. I am going to be asking you lots of questions as the months go by!
Old 08-26-2010, 02:54 PM   #9
ThunderHockeyFan
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToTravel View Post
Before my daughter was born my husband and I used to do Disney World multiple times a year. We were childless, in our 30's so what else did we have to spend money on. Now we are lucky if we get in one trip per year but our daughter, age 7, has already been 5 times. Would love to join DVC but just can't do that right now. Hey, Thunder Hockey, we are trying POP Century for the first time. I am going to be asking you lots of questions as the months go by!
No problem! Love Pop Century!
Old 08-26-2010, 02:59 PM   #10
LoveToTravel
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shis1 View Post
So this means your meals are 'free'?????? If so, do you have a choice of menu, or 'take what they give you"?
Your meals are free (except the gratuity) and at the participating sit down or quick service restaurants you can order any entree on the menu. It includes an entree and a non-alcoholic drink. The regular meal plan includes one sit down meal, one quick service meal and one snack per day per person. The quick service meal plan include two counter service meals per day, two snacks and a refillable mug per person. There are 2 more levels of dining plans but the regular dining plan and the quick service plans are the ones offered as "free" depending on what level of resort you stay at.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:00 PM   #11
LoveToTravel
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
No problem! Love Pop Century!
We have visited POP during our last two trips and had a lunch at their food court which is awesome! But I do miss the frozen coke and blue raspberry drinks you could get in the refillable mugs. I cheated and brought my mug even though we were staying at Caribbean Beach.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:01 PM   #12
ThunderHockeyFan
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToTravel View Post
Your meals are free (except the gratuity) and at the participating sit down or quick service restaurants you can order any entree on the menu. It includes an entree and a non-alcoholic drink. The regular meal plan includes one sit down meal, one quick service meal and one snack per day per person. The quick service meal plan include two counter service meals per day, two snacks and a refillable mug per person. There are 2 more levels of dining plans but the regular dining plan and the quick service plans are the ones offered as "free" depending on what level of resort you stay at.
Since you are staying at POP are you keeping the quick service plan? We went ahead and upgraded to the basic plan. For us the 1 TS a day is our break since we don't go back to the resort at all. We stay in the parks from opening to closing. It is just the two of us so it is easy for us to do that.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:06 PM   #13
LoveToTravel
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Since you are staying at POP are you keeping the quick service plan? We went ahead and upgraded to the basic plan. For us the 1 TS a day is our break since we don't go back to the resort at all. We stay in the parks from opening to closing. It is just the two of us so it is easy for us to do that.
Yep, it just works better for "M." With autism she isn't always willing to wait and behave at daily full service meals. But we will pay out of pocket for a few. Kona Cafe is a fave as is Chef Mickey's. We are also talking about breakfast at Boma. We stayed at the AKL in 2002 and loved our breakfast there. I wish I could talk DH into staying there again but he isn't into animals like I am. So you are theme park commandos!! We aren't and always go back to the resort for a break and swimming and sometimes a nap. Now that we are going when it is hotter, we will probably spend the hottest part of the day at POP in the pool or shopping at DTD.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:10 PM   #14
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
We would love to buy into DVC but that is just a dream right now. Where is your home resort?

We are seriously thinking about doing Disneyland in 2012.
The Boardwalk is the home resort for my first purchase of points and Saratoga Springs is the home resort for my second.

Good Times in Branson
Old 08-26-2010, 06:37 PM   #15
epperson

unfortunately i am not going this year we just moved to FL, so we have no money to go to wdw but hopefully we will be able to go one day we usually go once a year so maybe we can go in 2011.

Closed Thread