1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Other Destinations

Closed Thread
Old 09-18-2011, 07:52 PM   #1
Super Ultra Member
St.Joe State Park Park Hills MO.

Just got back from St.Joe after being there since Thursday. I have been there on one day trips to go 4-wheeling, but never camped. Very nice camp grounds, with pull through sites for trailers and motor homes. Electric, water available, but no sewer hook ups. They do have a dump station at the entrance/exit of the campgrounds. Shower house, and public toilets also available.
The park is centered around off road, mountain bike, and horse trails. The The off road trails are separated from the bike/horse trails, and so are the camping areas for each.
I don't know much about the horse and bike trailes, but it's a great place for off roading. Any type of vehicle. ATV, UTV dirt bikes, jeeps, buggies, and trucks. There are trails through the woods, and lots of sand and mud to play on in the "flat lands" of this old mine tailings area.
My son's father-in-law has a trailer that he put on a hook-up site that also has an area for a tent. So Nick, Mandy, and the baby stayed in the trailer while I slept in my tent. May sound funny to some, but this old man loves tent camping. Just these old bones are hard to get up off an air mattress! I also rented a primative site just up from the hook-up sites that we used to park my truck and ATV trailer, and Georges truck so we had room for one truck at the trailer, and all the ATV's.
Great place for any of you that enjoy trail riding. Either on horse, or horsepower.
Voted Branson's Best Trout Fisherman

Closed Thread