1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Living in Branson > Local Branson / Tri-Lakes Area Issues

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 03:18 PM   #1
Ms_Terese
Local Member

Branson Airport Named Fastest Growing US Airport

This is encouraging news!

http://www.hometowndailynews.com/local_news.php?id=3191

Branson Airport Named Fastest Growing U-S Airport

By: Staff
Posted: Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Branson Airport has been named the fastest growing U-S airport in its category by Airline and Airport News & Analysis. The website says seat capacity at Branson Airport has more than doubled in only one year of service as a result of expanded AirTran flights, the addition of Frontier service and the development of Branson AirExpress.

Executive Director Jeff Bourk says the fact that the award is based on statistics makes the entire team proud as Branson Airport continues to offer low fares and convenience for passengers traveling from more and more cities to Branson.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:51 PM   #2
lindiet
Super Ultra Member

This is such good news! I have been at the Branson airport 10 times this year either going, coming or picking up friends and family. I hope they continue to have so much success!
Old 10-26-2010, 04:33 PM   #3
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Here's the story from the Springfield News Leader:
http://www.news-leader.com/article/2...rowing-airport
Old 10-29-2010, 02:58 PM   #4
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

Even though I now live closer to Springfield airport, I FAR PREFER flying out of Branson... in fact we will be flying out of Branson in January to Disney World. It is much easier to get from the parking lot to your gate at Branson. The fares are also MUCH better. Unless you are going to a destination served by Allegiant Air, it costs a FORTUNE to fly out of Springfield. I hope Branson Airport continues to have great success in the future!

Good Times in Branson
Old 10-29-2010, 05:34 PM   #5
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

We checked Allegiant and they would not work for us. They only fly to Orlando two days a week... Friday and Monday. It works much better for Ann's vacation schedule to take a Saturday to Saturday trip. By the way... Allegiant no longer flies into Sanford... they use MCO. To me that is a big advantage since it will allow people to use the free Disney transit from MCO to WDW hotels.

Good Times in Branson
Old 10-29-2010, 09:26 PM   #6
Daytimer
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNtraveler View Post
Even though I now live closer to Springfield airport, I FAR PREFER flying out of Branson... in fact we will be flying out of Branson in January to Disney World. It is much easier to get from the parking lot to your gate at Branson. The fares are also MUCH better. Unless you are going to a destination served by Allegiant Air, it costs a FORTUNE to fly out of Springfield. I hope Branson Airport continues to have great success in the future!

Lucky!!! I wish I was going to Disney World too. We went a few years ago, and we want to go back. Love that place. But, we love Branson too! So we are going there for Thanksgiving.
Old 10-30-2010, 01:37 PM   #7
Daytimer
Super Ultra Member

Yes, I have heard that week is the most crowded time , ever. Think I will pass for that time.

Closed Thread