1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Outdoor Activities

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 04:54 PM   #1
melissa
soon2bnbranson

Busiek State Park or Forest?

I don't remember if this place was called Busiek State Park or State Forest. Either way, I thought I'd share with the nature lovers on the board. My son and I visited with my parents last weekend while he was on spring break and we saw the Busiek sign on our way out of Branson and decided to stop. This is a really pretty place. I'm sure it's even prettier when spring has fully sprung. You can camp there and I think there are trails as well, however it was a little wet and muddy, so we didn't do a lot of walking around. The biggest thing is the river or creek? In Kentucky we would call it a creek, but it might be considered a river.....anyway it has small rocks on the bottom and flowing water that's crystal clear. You can see everything in the water, and it has a bridge that you can walk across. I think there may be trails after you cross the bridge, but I'm not sure about that. Anyway, we thought it was just a very pretty place and would be a great free activity for families that like to get outdoors. It's on the right as you leave Branson and head toward Springfield. I don't remember the exact location. It seems like it may have been after you go through the Saddlebrooke area. Maybe a local who knows where it's at can post some better directions.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:00 PM   #2
Grizzly
in perpetual hybernation

You found one of our local jewels. I used to ride up there and the trails are fantastic. One hilltop must be amoung the highest in the Ozarks. You can see forever.

Glade you liked it and when it dries up come back and really experience it.

Old 04-14-2008, 08:09 PM   #3
melissa
soon2bnbranson

Thanks, I definately plan to go back when it's warmer and walk the trails. Is that considered to be a creek or a river and what's it called?
Old 04-14-2008, 08:33 PM   #4
Den&Holly

We did some hiking in the state forest last spring. Enjoyable with the creek, trails, and a few geocaches too! We hiked to the top of the ridge and explored the old cemetary. I am sure we might take a hike or two next week when we are down that way, hopefully the dogwoods will be blooming soon!
Old 04-14-2008, 10:34 PM   #5
TravelAgtSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa View Post
Thanks, I definately plan to go back when it's warmer and walk the trails. Is that considered to be a creek or a river and what's it called?
It's a creek.

It's about 5 miles or so from my house and I like to go there when the weather is cool enough and do a little physical exercise. It's great for overnight camping when you just need to scratch that itch but don't want too much stuff about it. As Grizzly said, it's got some FANTASTIC views around.

I remember the first time I went - I was wondering why the sign led us to a quarry. Silly me.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:48 AM   #6
AdairMD
BOOMER SOONER

I need to go hiking out there to, so I can get the geocaches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Den&Holly View Post
We did some hiking in the state forest last spring. Enjoyable with the creek, trails, and a few geocaches too! We hiked to the top of the ridge and explored the old cemetary. I am sure we might take a hike or two next week when we are down that way, hopefully the dogwoods will be blooming soon!
Old 04-15-2008, 07:20 AM   #7
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

This is such a nice place.

I googled it tho, for some perspective...roflol.
You gotta know that some city folks who are not used to the outdoors have ''rated'' it in a forum.............toads, snakes, ticks, and venomous opossums roaming the grounds, made it uncomfortable for them and their tenting experience. HEHEHEHE...........''talk about typical''.

Oh me............''these everyman forums, re: the outdoors'', are hysterical.
We need some ''redneck'' guides in these camp/hiking grounds, to give them a ''real tour''.............

Closed Thread