1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 02:12 PM   #1
Lindsey
Ultra Member

Branson Terry Music Awards

Last night I attended the 4th Annual Branson Terry Awards show at the Starlite Theatre.....Wow! Lots of glitter and sparkle on the red carpet! People were very fancy! Many arrived in limousines even!....and they were announced as they arrived onto the red carpet upon their entrance...A real gala!! It was fun seeing so many of the performers all in one spot, enjoying the celebration! Buck Trent won the Living Legend Award....well deserved! What a ton of talent in Branson!!! Congratulations to all the winners! AND all of the nominees!!!
Old 10-10-2017, 07:27 AM   #2
LaJoe
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
Last night I attended the 4th Annual Branson Terry Awards show at the Starlite Theatre.....Wow! Lots of glitter and sparkle on the red carpet! People were very fancy! Many arrived in limousines even!....and they were announced as they arrived onto the red carpet upon their entrance...A real gala!! It was fun seeing so many of the performers all in one spot, enjoying the celebration! Buck Trent won the Living Legend Award....well deserved! What a ton of talent in Branson!!! Congratulations to all the winners! AND all of the nominees!!!
Thanks for the info. I agree the choice of Buck Trent was very-well deserved.
Old 10-10-2017, 07:29 AM   #3
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Thanks so much for your post telling us about the Awards Show, Lindsey. It was neat to hear everyone dressed up!
Old 10-10-2017, 07:46 AM   #4
LaJoe
Super Ultra Member

The Terry Awards Show has a Facebook page, and the winners are listed there. https://www.facebook.com/BransonTerryMusicAwards/
Old 10-10-2017, 10:10 AM   #5
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Yes, they had a great turn out. I enjoyed being there and saw some people I hadn't seen since last year.. LOL. Very Nice Event, The "Pre-Show" at The New Hacienda restaurant, which was sponsored by All Access Branson was a Big success. Went off without a hitch.. the Limo service did a good job also.. All in all, almost a perfect event./

As years in the past, there were several winners that I would really have to question...
There were Several People that should have received awards or at least have been reconizied and weren't.

I Love the idea of the awards,

But the voting system obviously needs to be reworked. Maybe too much buddy-buddy voting involved?,
Old 10-10-2017, 01:12 PM   #6
Lindsey
Ultra Member

I am curious about who makes the selections....Since this is the 4th year (my first to follow it) I wondered if maybe past years' winners were not eligible to be in the current year nominees????
Old 10-10-2017, 04:54 PM   #7
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

Interesting "winners", to say the least, IMO. But when I first read it, I was thinking, ok, so this is good, they gave out CONSOLATION awards to a lot of "B-String" shows, for the most part! But then upon closer examination, low and behold, the list is comprised of the actually winners of this years "Terry Awards"...So yes, I think it would be very interesting to find out WHO votes in the nominees, to start with, then HOW the list is narrowed down, and then WHO finally decides the "winners"....As an example, I have attended a slew of shows this year, and I don't know about anyone else, but I can guarantee you the Band of the Year would NOT be named as the "Branson Famous Baldknobbers Band"...That is just one of over a dozen examples I could give..again, are we sure this is not the B-String Consolation/Also Ran winners??? Granted, Pierce Arrow, along with Rick Thomas, as headliners, and of course a "Sayonara" for Shoji, imo, are fitting, but the remainder?? Nah...not buying it!
Old 10-10-2017, 07:40 PM   #8
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
I am curious about who makes the selections....Since this is the 4th year (my first to follow it) I wondered if maybe past years' winners were not eligible to be in the current year nominees????
You are correct. Last year's winners are not eligible.
Old 10-10-2017, 07:45 PM   #9
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
Interesting "winners", to say the least, IMO. But when I first read it, I was thinking, ok, so this is good, they gave out CONSOLATION awards to a lot of "B-String" shows, for the most part! But then upon closer examination, low and behold, the list is comprised of the actually winners of this years "Terry Awards"...So yes, I think it would be very interesting to find out WHO votes in the nominees, to start with, then HOW the list is narrowed down, and then WHO finally decides the "winners"....As an example, I have attended a slew of shows this year, and I don't know about anyone else, but I can guarantee you the Band of the Year would NOT be named as the "Branson Famous Baldknobbers Band"...That is just one of over a dozen examples I could give..again, are we sure this is not the B-String Consolation/Also Ran winners??? Granted, Pierce Arrow, along with Rick Thomas, as headliners, and of course a "Sayonara" for Shoji, imo, are fitting, but the remainder?? Nah...not buying it!
Yeah, I would love to know who does the nominating and the voting. I work in a theatre with several shows, some of which had nominees, and we still don't know how the nominating/voting process works. The Terry Awards are the hardest to figure out. With the Branson Show Awards, we at least know who a couple of the "panel members" are. But seriously, the only real purpose these awards serve is something that the nominees and winners can use in their marketing.
Old 10-10-2017, 08:23 PM   #10
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransoncutie View Post
Yeah, I would love to know who does the nominating and the voting. I work in a theatre with several shows, some of which had nominees, and we still don't know how the nominating/voting process works. The Terry Awards are the hardest to figure out. With the Branson Show Awards, we at least know who a couple of the "panel members" are. But seriously, the only real purpose these awards serve is something that the nominees and winners can use in their marketing.
Here's my post from 2016:

2016 Terry Award Nominees
Terry Beene and Chisai Childs have made their nominations for the 3rd annual Terry Awards; the ceremony will be held October 9th at the Jim Stafford Theater. After the nominations are made, 8 board members visit the theaters to watch the nominees, and then they vote to determine the winners.

Here's the list of nominees for show of the year: It, The Haygoods, Clay Cooper, and Raiding the Country Vault. Entertainer of the year nominees are Jamie Haage, the Haygoods, SIX, Rick Thomas, the Hughes Brothers, and David Brooks of Million Dollar Quartet.

The lengthy list of nominees in all categories can be found in this article from Branson Tri-Lakes News:

http://bransontrilakesnews.com/enter...38c53c6da.html

The article explained the process.
Old 10-10-2017, 10:11 PM   #11
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitcreek View Post
Here's my post from 2016:

2016 Terry Award Nominees
Terry Beene and Chisai Childs have made their nominations for the 3rd annual Terry Awards; the ceremony will be held October 9th at the Jim Stafford Theater. After the nominations are made, 8 board members visit the theaters to watch the nominees, and then they vote to determine the winners.

Here's the list of nominees for show of the year: It, The Haygoods, Clay Cooper, and Raiding the Country Vault. Entertainer of the year nominees are Jamie Haage, the Haygoods, SIX, Rick Thomas, the Hughes Brothers, and David Brooks of Million Dollar Quartet.

The lengthy list of nominees in all categories can be found in this article from Branson Tri-Lakes News:

http://bransontrilakesnews.com/enter...38c53c6da.html

The article explained the process.
Thanks. I wonder who took Chisai’s place since she’s gone now.
Old 10-10-2017, 11:35 PM   #12
can'tcatchup
Super Ultra Member

Honestly, I can’t think of a single show that I was influencd to attend because of it, or any of its entertainers, winning a “Best _____” nomination or award.
Old 10-11-2017, 08:12 AM   #13
LaJoe
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by can'tcatchup View Post
Honestly, I can’t think of a single show that I was influencd to attend because of it, or any of its entertainers, winning a “Best _____” nomination or award.
I agree. I HAVE gotten lots of good recommendations from this forum over the years, and I've stumbled onto a few good shows all on my own. But these awards are often puzzling, IMO.
Old 10-11-2017, 08:43 AM   #14
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
Couldnt agree more.
Old 10-11-2017, 09:50 AM   #15
Crazy4Branson
Super Ultra Member

I thought, the "Terry Awards" nominees were selected by the folks who travel to Branson, via "Terry's Tours". They choose their favorite performers from the shows that "Terry's Tours" attend during their visits.........

Closed Thread