Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2017, 10:30 AM   #1
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Smile Grand Country Music Hall

Branson Country USA - October 27, 2017

This week we welcome star of the famous television show Hee Haw.... LuLu Roman!

People know LuLu as the most requested female cast member of the long running hit television series, "Hee Haw". Many know her as the accomplished and celebrated songwriter; and as the singer who has been successfully making records for over 25 years.

In 1999, LuLu was inducted into the Country Gospel Music Hall of Fame. In 2002 Lulu's 16th album, a collection of hits and favorites called "Lulu, Inspired" was nominated for a Dove award. LuLu has just completed a new project entitled "At Last". The album features 12 of her favorite standards and classics, such as "I Will Always Love You", "Summertime", "You Don't Know Me", "Til I Can Make It On My Own" and the title song, "At Last". LuLu's dear friends Dolly Parton, T. Graham Brown, Linda Davis and Georgette Jones also joined her on the album.

In addition to "Hee Haw", LuLu has also been a guest star on such television programs as "The Love Boat" and "Touched By An Angel". She is also an accomplished author. Her most recent work is a cookbook "Kitchen Komforts".

Although she has been performing for over 40 years, she has no plans to rest or retire. LuLu continues to travel sharing her testimony, her humor and her music. LuLu is also a honorary member of the Grand Country Wild Bunch!

Visit her website at www.LuluRoman.com.

This week we welcome Nashville vocalist performing with Raiding The Country Vault at the Starlite Theatre: David Kroll!

When you are only seven years old and already know what you want to do in life because you just saw Alan Jackson in concert and he literally rocked your world, then get out the kiddy plastic guitar and start learning how to play, because Nashville is just an interstate ride, and about a decade away. At least that's the way David Kroll saw it that night when he was a little boy wearing a too-big cowboy hat and smart little boots at his first Alan Jackson concert.

"This was my very first concert ever," Kroll explained. "Alan Jackson was playing my hometown of Burlington, Iowa and it was a BIG deal. I still remember watching him and wanting to be up there on that stage so bad. His love of country music continued and he added George Strait and Tim McGraw to his ever-growing list of country music artists who inspired him. The next step for the then 15 year old was to put his training to the test.

He formed a band and spent six years playing at local bars and countless fairs in Iowa and western Illinois, developing a sturdy and impressive fan base along the way. And thanks to the older and more experienced musicians he met, he learned the fine art of infusing his live performances with a very high energy level.

Kroll never removed his eye from what he saw as his prize: living in Nashville and furthering his craft as both a performer and songwriter. His diligence and numerous trips back and forth between Burlington and Nashville opened a number of doors for him in Music City and soon he had the opportunity to open shows for some of country music's biggest acts, including Chris Young, Eric Church, Montgomery Gentry, Darryl Worley and more.

A chance meeting with Grammy nominated songwriter and performer Billy Yates led to Kroll's first publishing deal, and paved the way for a permanent move to Nashville. He didn't waste the opportunity. While live performances remain his favorite part of the business, Kroll spends a great deal of time and energy developing his songwriting talent. The effort paid off in a number of ways. In 2010, he became the flagship signing for new publisher, Blue Guitar Music. He also saw his self-penned release, "Little Soldiers," become a favorite amongst America's military families and was invited to perform the song at a number of military bases, as well as Walter Reed Memorial Hospital.

A couple of years later, Kroll and "Little Soldiers" found an unlikely fan in an unexpected place when he was asked to audition for the television show The X-Factor. After being told by producers that he had to perform a cover of a hit country song for his audition, Kroll received a blessing in disguise when the show's Simon Cowell asked him why, if he was a songwriter, was he performing a cover. In front of a formidable panel of judges (Demi Lovato, Britney Spears, L.A. Reid and Cowell), and an auditorium full of people, the unflappable Kroll delivered "Little Soldiers." And he had to do it a cappella. That performance landed him a standing ovation, and more amazingly, a smile from Cowell. He was also awarded a position on the popular show's 2012 installment thanks to a thumbs up vote from all four judges.

In early 2014, Kroll hit another benchmark when hit Nashville producer Carson Chamberlain came on board to produce Kroll's first project. Chamberlain has scored #1 hits with artists including Easton Corbin, Billy Currington and Mark Wills.

"I always dreamed of living in Nashville and being a part of the music business. I still have to pinch myself sometimes when I'm sitting in my office on Music Row writing a song or recording one of my songs in the studio. Sometimes I still feel like that seven-year-old kid wanting to jump on stage with Alan Jackson. Heck, I still want to jump on stage with him!"

Branson Show Reviews by SHOW GAL

http://BransonShowGal.wordpress.com/