1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Just for Chit Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 02:13 PM   #1
Blondie

Question Road Conditions around Branson

Been looking at webcams, has any Branson locals been out and about today? I remember the hills over by Superwalmart were steep. Wondering how conditions were? Looks like the sun is shining. Earlier, roads looked horrible.
Old 02-16-2015, 02:14 PM   #2
Kalt
The Cold One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
Been looking at webcams, has any Branson locals been out and about today? I remember the hills over by Superwalmart were steep. Wondering how conditions were? Looks like the sun is shining. Earlier, roads looked horrible.
They still look pretty covered. I'm not even thinking about going out until tomorrow mid-day at the earliest.
Old 02-16-2015, 02:47 PM   #3
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Will there be school in the Branson area tomorrow? Several towns like Nixa, Springfield and Republic have already canceled for the 17th.
Old 02-16-2015, 03:30 PM   #4
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Here's the noon video report on Branson from KY3:

http://www.ky3.com/news/local/noon-r...48998_31297286
Old 02-16-2015, 05:39 PM   #5
Zach7777
Pirate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalt View Post
They still look pretty covered. I'm not even thinking about going out until tomorrow mid-day at the earliest.
i too shall avoid going out until later...... did shovel the driveway tho, took all day but then i had all day to do it....

"Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?"
Patrick Henry
American Patriot

Old 02-16-2015, 06:24 PM   #6
Kalt
The Cold One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suselit View Post
Will there be school in the Branson area tomorrow? Several towns like Nixa, Springfield and Republic have already canceled for the 17th.
Branson is cancelled tomorrow: http://www.ky3.com/weather/closings
Old 02-16-2015, 06:34 PM   #7
tortminder
Mobile Methane Generator

Hollister cancelled too.

"dictum meum pactum"
My word is my bond

Laughter is the best medicine... unless you have diarrhea!

Old 02-16-2015, 09:45 PM   #8
Bransonguy1988
Ultra Member

I can't get out of my driveway. Probably won't get out till wednesday...if I'm lucky. Branson schools will probably be out of school all week. The district covers a big area and encompasses several small towns(7 or 8) with country roads buses can't get to. Tomorrow there is another chance for a dusting of snow...maybe an inch so out Wednesday. Below zero thursday so even if the roads are good enough it will be too cold for school. Friday more winter weather.
Old 02-16-2015, 09:57 PM   #9
ggh
Super User

Springfield roads and surrounding were a mess early today - Monday - but Monday evening Hwy 65, I-44, and main roads in Springfield were clear. I'm sure there will be more ice overnight, as the wet roads freeze, but most of the main roads were clear, and should remain so. It should make for a better commute tomorrow.

I suspect that Branson won't be the only school that has several days off this week - many of the area school students have quite a commute, and they are all likely to be out of school. A parental nightmare, but a kids dream.
Old 02-17-2015, 04:50 PM   #10
Bransonguy1988
Ultra Member

Snow should start again around 7 tonight...1-3 inches predicted.
Old 02-17-2015, 05:11 PM   #11
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

School closings around here always amaze me. Based on similar conditions, Minnesota schools would be closed from November through March. And yes, Minnesota has rural areas and Minnesota has hills.

P.S. I drove from Nixa to Springfield this morning for a Dr appointment and had no problem whatsoever. And that is driving a rear-drive Charger which is kind of a PITA in slippery conditions. I have no idea why both Nixa and Springfield schools were closed today.

Good Times in Branson
Old 02-17-2015, 05:49 PM   #12
tortminder
Mobile Methane Generator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNtraveler View Post
School closings around here always amaze me. Based on similar conditions, Minnesota schools would be closed from November through March. And yes, Minnesota has rural areas and Minnesota has hills.
Coming from Chicago, (where last year there was snow piled up over 4 feet from plowing because it doesn't melt)

February in the Northern Suburbs of Chicago 2014

, I too am amused at the closing of school for what I would consider a "dusting". I do understand that the mountain roads with no guard rails are not a good place to drive when they're icy. Having said that, the 11 year old is driving momma & I nuts and I am hoping that they don't call school off for a 3rd. day.

"dictum meum pactum"
My word is my bond

Old 02-17-2015, 05:51 PM   #13
Zach7777
Pirate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNtraveler View Post

P.S. I drove from Nixa to Springfield this morning for a Dr appointment and had no problem whatsoever. And that is driving a rear-drive Charger which is kind of a PITA in slippery conditions. I have no idea why both Nixa and Springfield schools were closed today.
I'm laughing because most of my life was Iowa winters....don't remember many school closings other than ice storms. Also where i worked forever and a day NEVER closed, if you could get there fine and if not we'll see ya tomorrow.When I moved here I right away took a job with a fund raising company evenings, one afternoon I arrived at work to find no one there and the place locked up. I called my supervisor and she said "HONEY!!! It's supposed to snow!! We don't work if it snows!!" I was truly surprised....

"Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?"
Patrick Henry
American Patriot

Old 02-17-2015, 05:53 PM   #14
Zach7777
Pirate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortminder View Post
Coming from Chicago, (where last year there was snow piled up over 4 feet from plowing because it doesn't melt)

February in the Northern Suburbs of Chicago 2014

, I too am amused at the closing of school for what I would consider a "dusting". I do understand that the mountain roads with no guard rails are not a good place to drive when they're icy. Having said that, the 11 year old is driving momma & I nuts and I am hoping that they don't call school off for a 3rd. day.
i'm guessing you don't see home schooling in your future??

Patrick Henry
American Patriot

Old 02-17-2015, 06:40 PM   #15
tortminder
Mobile Methane Generator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach7777 View Post
i'm guessing you don't see home schooling in your future??
Not to hijack the thread, but at almost 69 years of age I no longer have the patience to home school.

"dictum meum pactum"
My word is my bond

Closed Thread