1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Attractions

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2022, 02:29 PM   #1
hhawkins
Super Ultra Member

Excited to FINALLY do SDC Harvest Festival

Wow, I have not been here in a while, but surprised by the lack of activity. I have always appreciated the help I received on the boards.

My school is our for Fall Break until next Thursday, and the fam decided to used our season passes again. Bought them at Christmas after a 3-year break from SDC, came over Spring Break, but have not been back since. This will be our very first time attending this new fall festival. Looks like it will be a great time.

We are on the fence about the tasting passport. Looks like it will be about $30 with our season pass, but unsure if our family will get too excited about "pumpkin" food. There are a few things that sound interesting. Thoughts?

What are some of your favorites? How much are the snacks if bough separately?
Old 10-07-2022, 09:58 PM   #2
mikee
Ultra Member

Harvest Festival

The snacks are expensive if bought seperately. I would pass on the $30,00 tasting deal. Sounds too high for me. Have fun.
Old 10-08-2022, 09:05 AM   #3
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

You are allowed to bring your own food and drink into SDC. We have done it before. Prices on SDC snacks and meals have really gone up in price.

We like the cinnamon bread, the tater twists, and the kettle corn. We used to really enjoy Chester's Chips but this year and last whenever we bought them the baskets of chips had been pre-cooked and were room temperature at best.
The ones we got in September were cold. Some of the chips were overcooked and some we almost raw.

The tasting passport gives you choices but servings are smaller than regular portion.
Old 10-08-2022, 09:10 AM   #4
OkieAnon

I keep getting facebook ads for a bacon - pecan funnel cake at SDC, I know bacon on a funnel cake sounds kind of strange, but the pic's actually look pretty good.

this summer we took a backpack with our own water in to the park which sure cut down on expenses, lot cheaper to get something to eat and drink your own water than buy one of their cokes.
Old 10-15-2022, 02:33 PM   #5
justgohogs

the food at SDC is unlike food at any other amusement park. you can skip it if you want but you're missing out. the tasting passports give you an opportunity to try some of the food specifically created for festivals. JMHO.

Closed Thread