1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Outdoor Activities

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2020, 07:21 PM   #1
ggh
Super User

Dogwood???

Shelter in place doesn't mean I can't take a drive - wondering if the dogwood is showing off yet (I know it's a bit early, but I am hopeful).

Thanks!
Old 04-02-2020, 08:38 PM   #2
zalo9
Your message here, $5.

Just starting. Probably another week before they really get going.
Old 04-02-2020, 09:48 PM   #3
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Have not seen any dogwood yet on our daily walk and there are tons usually in our neighborhood. The redbuds are at their peak and they are gorgeous.
Old 04-03-2020, 09:44 AM   #4
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

So good to see a thread about things we USUALLY are all talking about excitedy this time of year....Redbuds, Dogwoods, Sarvis (how are those doing, this spring, btw? Or already passed?)...

Missing those topics in this time of crisis...also springtime opening of SDC, hot cinnamon bread, what’s new in the park, good or bad, first bowl of succotash for the new year, smelling the coal burning at the blacksmith shop, riding the good old Thunderation coaster just for old times sake, then Wildfire for the best view of the springtime forest with new leaves and blossoms...

Springtime top water “bite” on the area lakes and rivers and creeks, stories of success and “almost” success of turkey hunting by my friends, latest kayak adventure and fish report of some of our best “secret” smallmouth and goggle eye creeks and smaller rivers, a new shotgun or rod/reel picked up at Bass Pro by a friend or two, and us getting together to try them out or at least admire them, gun shows....

I am definitely missing all these conversations and get together this spring...yea, some are still doing SOME of these activities, although on much smaller scale than previous years....but seems as if we don’t talk about it near as excitedly as before, instead, we find ourselves comparing notes about the latest breathless news broadcast that was just aired...sigh....yea, I’m missing our “typical” spring here in the Ozarks...
Old 04-03-2020, 11:24 AM   #5
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Dogwoods start Blooming the White Bass start spawning......
Old 04-03-2020, 02:05 PM   #6
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

If you have a place to safely practice social distancing the Morrells will be poping up soon!
Old 04-03-2020, 02:54 PM   #7
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Tis that time of year. Anybody want to give up their secret spot. I promise I will stay at least 10 feet back, I will hold my bag open and you can toss them in.
Old 04-03-2020, 04:14 PM   #8
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
So good to see a thread about things we USUALLY are all talking about excitedy this time of year....Redbuds, Dogwoods, Sarvis (how are those doing, this spring, btw? Or already passed?)...

Missing those topics in this time of crisis...also springtime opening of SDC, hot cinnamon bread, what’s new in the park, good or bad, first bowl of succotash for the new year, smelling the coal burning at the blacksmith shop, riding the good old Thunderation coaster just for old times sake, then Wildfire for the best view of the springtime forest with new leaves and blossoms...

Springtime top water “bite” on the area lakes and rivers and creeks, stories of success and “almost” success of turkey hunting by my friends, latest kayak adventure and fish report of some of our best “secret” smallmouth and goggle eye creeks and smaller rivers, a new shotgun or rod/reel picked up at Bass Pro by a friend or two, and us getting together to try them out or at least admire them, gun shows....

I am definitely missing all these conversations and get together this spring...yea, some are still doing SOME of these activities, although on much smaller scale than previous years....but seems as if we don’t talk about it near as excitedly as before, instead, we find ourselves comparing notes about the latest breathless news broadcast that was just aired...sigh....yea, I’m missing our “typical” spring here in the Ozarks...
The other day we picked up a wonderful meal at the Chic and rapidly drove down to the Landing parking lot (far North side by the bridge) and parked near the gathering of many, many geese and proceeded to chow down while enjoying the antics of the fowl.
On the way home we went by the overlook on hwy 165 and found someone who had out done us. There on the edge of the overlook was a couple who had set up their own table, complete with white table cloth, and were eating while enjoying the best view in Branson.
Creativity wins every time.

"Never Argue With a Fool, Onlookers May Not Be Able to Tell the Difference."

Closed Thread