1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Just for Chit Chat

Old 11-03-2019, 11:09 PM   #1
soxster
Super Ultra Member

capitol one wally card

Not a good omen. Way Less than a month after switching from walmart synchrony credit card to the new capital one walmart card, fraudulent charges are already showing up on my account. Yikes, never had that problem when it was synchrony walmart card. Now a pain in the the you know what, to get it the new card changed out after freezing the card and now having to change some auto payments to a different card. I should have known better and stuck with my amex.
soxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 10:31 PM   #2
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Well, I have to say, they....capital one.....rectified the 2 fraudulent gas station charges out of Connecticut and froze the existing cards and send out 2 new cards within 5 days. They were on it. Probably the only reason I am keeping this capitol one "wally" card is for the 5% rebate for the first year which should be a nice chunk of change for us. If it happens again.....I will go back to my amex, end of story.
Old 12-06-2019, 08:36 AM   #3
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Isn't the 5% rebate just for ONLINE purchases at Walmart?
biscuitcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 09:00 AM   #4
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitcreek View Post
Isn't the 5% rebate just for ONLINE purchases at Walmart?
It is for in-store purchases (5%) if you use walmart pay on your smart phone that is linked to the new capitol one wally card. It is also for on -line walmart purchases as well, which we usually don't. But we shop mainly at wally for food and other daily stuff, which adds up. We figure since we shop there anyhow, just as well take advantage of the 5% for the first year of transition from synchrony wally card to capitol one wally card. The store is close and it works for us. For others that are not wally shoppers, or want to steer clear of capitol ones history......this may not work.
Old 12-06-2019, 09:24 AM   #5
OkieAnon

never had any problems with my Cap One GM card, 5% back on all purchases towards a new GM vehicle, at 5% gas, Walmarts, amazon ect can add up make nice little discount when car shopping.
OkieAnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 09:33 AM   #6
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieAnon View Post
never had any problems with my Cap One GM card, 5% back on all purchases towards a new GM vehicle, at 5% gas, Walmarts, amazon ect can add up make nice little discount when car shopping.
Yeah, maybe that 5% gm rebate on car purchase can go toward what the dealer takes off the top depending on your negotiating skills.
Old 12-06-2019, 04:57 PM   #7
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxster View Post
It is for in-store purchases (5%) if you use walmart pay on your smart phone that is linked to the new capitol one wally card. It is also for on -line walmart purchases as well, which we usually don't. But we shop mainly at wally for food and other daily stuff, which adds up. We figure since we shop there anyhow, just as well take advantage of the 5% for the first year of transition from synchrony wally card to capitol one wally card. The store is close and it works for us. For others that are not wally shoppers, or want to steer clear of capitol ones history......this may not work.
The Walmart commercials we are seeing on TV says the card is 5% for online purchases, and really seems to stress online. The commercial doesn't mention any 5% on in store purchases.
biscuitcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 05:08 PM   #8
soxster
Super Ultra Member

5% back on in-store purchases when using Walmart Pay for the first 12 months after approval as a special introductory offer.

2% back on Walmart purchases in stores outside of the introductory offer.

I have not seen their commercials so I cannot comment on that.

https://corporate.walmart.com/newsro...t-card-program

Last edited by soxster; 12-06-2019 at 05:13 PM.