1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Just for Chit Chat

Old 10-13-2019, 03:16 PM   #16
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Another pathetic defense showing. I guess all the rebuilding on defense was.........
soxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 08:48 PM   #17
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxster View Post
Another pathetic defense showing. I guess all the rebuilding on defense was.........
I don’t ow what is up with that defense. Good grief!
bransoncutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 09:35 PM   #18
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransoncutie View Post
I don’t ow what is up with that defense. Good grief!
"That defense".....huh?.......what defense......there was no defense. " Good grief " is being diplomatic. But hey, someone is getting paid big bucks to figure that mess out.....I suppose.
Old 10-16-2019, 12:06 PM   #19
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
"That defense".....huh?.......what defense......there was no defense. " Good grief " is being diplomatic. But hey, someone is getting paid big bucks to figure that mess out.....I suppose.
That total lack of defense was embarrassing, to say the least. Saw a post-game interview with Tyrann Mathieu. He was the one bright spot on the defense, and his passion -- and frustration -- were quite apparent. I read an interview transcript from Frank Clark and have to wonder where he disconnect with him is coming from. Because what he SAID in that interview and what he DIDN'T do on the field just did not match up at all!
Old 10-16-2019, 01:08 PM   #20
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Am hoping for a better game tomorrow night but wish I had more confidence.

What I would really like to see happen (but won't) is to see them bench Mahomes for this game. He got injured in a game and the next game it was reinjured the next game it was once again reinjured. There are only 3 days between Sundays game and the game tomorrow night. That does not give him a chance to mend. Why not give him the 10 days to get the attention and the time off the injury.

I would hate to see the team play without him but better one game than to fight this the entire season. As for our defense, it will take more than 10 days for them to work out their problems. Regardless of what happens tomorrow night, they are my team and I support them.

Branson Show Reviews by SHOW GAL

http://BransonShowGal.wordpress.com/
SHOW GAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 09:37 PM   #21
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Well, the defense has either stepped up their game, or Denvers offense just stinks. Hope Mahomes bounces back quick. Yikes.
Old 10-17-2019, 11:49 PM   #22
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Well, the defense has either stepped up their game, or Denvers offense just stinks. Hope Mahomes bounces back quick. Yikes.
Yeah, defense was lit tonight! What was it? NINE sacks on Flacco? Crazy!!
Old 10-18-2019, 07:20 AM   #23
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Was a great game last night but right now all hopes, thoughts and prayers are with Patrick Mahomes.

News broadcasts here are set to record the findings as soon as they are available. As of now, nothing is definite. It is Patrick's right knee. It was his left ankle that was injured, then reinjured and again reinjured again prior to last night. He refused to be carried off the field and walked with some help.

A QUARTERBACK KEEP for an injured MVP ??????????? Really !!!!!!!!!!

Branson Show Reviews by SHOW GAL

http://BransonShowGal.wordpress.com/
SHOW GAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 09:19 AM   #24
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOW GAL View Post
Was a great game last night but right now all hopes, thoughts and prayers are with Patrick Mahomes.

News broadcasts here are set to record the findings as soon as they are available. As of now, nothing is definite. It is Patrick's right knee. It was his left ankle that was injured, then reinjured and again reinjured again prior to last night. He refused to be carried off the field and walked with some help.

A QUARTERBACK KEEP for an injured MVP ??????????? Really !!!!!!!!!!

Wonder who made the call, Pat or Andy?
Old 10-18-2019, 10:53 AM   #25
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Wonder who made the call, Pat or Andy?
Andy is saying he did. And he says he doesn't regret the call. And I'm pretty sure Patrick would agree, knowing him and the relationship he has with Andy. QB injuries on a QB sneak really are quite rare.

I'm reading some people suggesting we should trade for Marcus Mariota for a backup QB. Others are seriously suggesting a call to Kaepernick. Yeah...you know THAT suggestion is going over really well!

Last edited by bransoncutie; 10-18-2019 at 10:58 AM.
Old 10-18-2019, 11:34 AM   #26
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransoncutie View Post
Andy is saying he did. And he says he doesn't regret the call. And I'm pretty sure Patrick would agree, knowing him and the relationship he has with Andy. QB injuries on a QB sneak really are quite rare.

I'm reading some people suggesting we should trade for Marcus Mariota for a backup QB. Others are seriously suggesting a call to Kaepernick. Yeah...you know THAT suggestion is going over really well!
The back up guy kind of held his own, but could have turned out much worse if Denvers offense was just plain awful. Not sure how its going to turn out with a better team coming at them.
Old 10-18-2019, 11:46 AM   #27
tortminder
Mobile Methane Generator

Lightbulb

They did what they had to do to win the game. That's what contenders do. 30-6 ain't a bad outcome. (BTW this is coming from along-suffering Bears fan).

"dictum meum pactum"
My word is my bond

Laughter is the best medicine... unless you have diarrhea!

Last edited by tortminder; 10-18-2019 at 12:44 PM.
tortminder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 12:16 PM   #28
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Agree......and hoping a ten day rest will also help and will clarify the QB situation.
Old 10-18-2019, 12:17 PM   #29
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
The back up guy kind of held his own, but could have turned out much worse if Denvers offense was just plain awful. Not sure how its going to turn out with a better team coming at them.
Yeah...Matt really held his own. And it helped that the defense actually showed up and played this week. But yeah, Green Bay is coming up. That scares me! Rogers is scary good!

Word is out now - no significant damage and Patrick will be out "only" three games.
Old 10-18-2019, 12:18 PM   #30
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortminder View Post
They did what they had to do to win the game. That's what contenders do. 20-6 ain't a bad outcome. (BTW this is coming from along-suffering Bears fan).
Exactly!! (And trust me - I totally understand the long-suffering fandom. I'm a Chiefs' fan!)

I supposed the GOOD news is that none of those 3 games will be conference games. AND...he'll be back and he'll be able to rest that ankle as well. Oh...and he'll be back in PLENTY of time for the Patriots!

Last edited by bransoncutie; 10-18-2019 at 12:28 PM.