1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Attractions

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2019, 10:39 PM   #1
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Arrow Coming to Branson--Boat Races

I should say "Powerboat Races"
http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_...175db62d6.html

Never let yesterday use up too much of today..
Old 08-15-2019, 11:22 PM   #2
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Saw that on another forum. Sounds like an exciting event. Fortunatly it's this weekend, not next. There would be quite a few upset fisherman in the Branson Firefighters Benefit Trout Tournament if they couldn fish around, and below the Landing because the lake was closed to boat traffic.
Old 08-16-2019, 09:23 AM   #3
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

Yea....ok..I will take racing anyway I can get it. But when I first read this, I was thinking, HYDROPLANE race boats...you know, all the way to the nitromethane ones..or at least maybe the drag boats that are raced in the national series, such as the Kentucky Drag Boat Association..and since both the Grove and Chouteau OK races were canceled this year (well, the Grove was cancelled, and the Chouteau has been postponed due to low water conditions) I was hoping they were coming to Taneycomo...you know...injected and/or blown gasoline/alcohol engines....then upon further reading, it seems this series has 45 hp outboard engines...more or less jet skis stretched to 12 foot lengths with fiberglass bodies...ok...sigh...still should be fun....kinda like going to Cart races, when you were thinking World of Outlaw Sprints or street drags when you were thinking Pro Mod...it’s ok...racing is racing...hopefully if this is successful, next year when can get some high powered, extremely fast race boat series in Taneycomo...Hey, Kentucky Drag Boat Association...Lake Taneycomo has PLENTY of water! Get out of dry, parched Oklahoma and come on over here to Branson!
Old 08-16-2019, 09:26 PM   #4
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
roughly around 75 to 85 miles per hour on top the water,
75-85 mph sure isn't something to sneeze at on the water. Plus, even for 12' boats, the width of Taneycomo at the landing makes for a pretty tight course.

Then there is the price of admission,
Quote:
This event is free and open to spectators.
Can't beat that price on any attraction in Branson!

Closed Thread