1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Missouri Other

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 05:00 PM   #1
CHRISTISAM2001
El Grando Branson Lover

Upcoming Branson Trip!!!

Hey all!! We are in the process of planning our trip to Branson!! We are planning a trip for either the first weekend in March or the second. It will be me, my mother, and my two boys (ages 6 and 3). (My dh will be manning the farm, cause this is really a spring clothes shopping trip!!) Anyway, we will leave on a Friday morning and come home on a Sunday. We plan to eat at the Play Time Pizza place, so the boys can have a good time, and take them to the Predator zoo place. The rest of the time we will be shopping at Tanger, and the Red Roof. But in case we have any extra time, does anybody have any suggestions on what else for 2 small boys to do?? Oh, and we might take them to the indoor putt putt golf place ??whatever its name is?? , or if it is nice weather , we will take them to the new Dinosaur golf place!

My husband and I will be coming back to Branson with our boys in April, but our main goal then will be Springfield....Bass Pro!!
Old 02-19-2006, 05:44 PM   #2
teacherkim
Super Ultra Member

The indoor mini golf is at Grand Country Square. We're going mid-March, with much the same goals and places on our list. We're staying at Grand Country Inn two nights so we can use the indoor water park, and we'll visit Silver Dollar City one day, but otherwise -- PlayTime Pizza, the outlet malls -- we'll be there!
Old 02-20-2006, 01:02 PM   #3
CHRISTISAM2001
El Grando Branson Lover

We will abe staying at Bransons Best Im sure, we always do. Ive got to have that cobbler and ice cream!! TeacherKim, have yall ever been to Celebration City?? Just wandering if there is alot for a 3 year old to do there?
Old 02-20-2006, 01:17 PM   #4
teacherkim
Super Ultra Member

We're All City Pass holders, and love Celebration City. My youngest really loves the kiddie rides at CC -- she can spend all night running from one ride to the other (and I think she might be too tall for some of them this year... sob!). I like the atmosphere, and I like finding a bench and letting her enjoy the rides. There are 2 spots with 2-6 kiddie rides, where you can find a good spot and keep an eye on the kids while you relax. Also, this year they're supposed to be introducing more shows/exhibits for kids with an extreme sports show, Veggie Tales and Lego play area. I can't wait to try them out. Unfortunately, CC isn't opening for the season until May, so we won't get to visit during our March trip, but we'll be there in June and July.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:02 PM   #5
MISSOURI_INFO
MISSOURI TRAVELER

Sounds like you have a well planned trip. Best wishes and don't forget to check out the Branson Mill Across from playtime pizza. I went there and it is so fun and the free taste tests are excellent.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:38 PM   #6
CHRISTISAM2001
El Grando Branson Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISSOURI_INFO
Sounds like you have a well planned trip. Best wishes and don't forget to check out the Branson Mill Across from playtime pizza. I went there and it is so fun and the free taste tests are excellent.
OK, I went to Branson Mill the weekend it opened up and I didnt get any free taste tests. Unless you are talking about the Mountain Nut Man place!! lol !! But yeah, we plan to go back to Branson Mill in a couple of weeks!!
Old 02-20-2006, 02:39 PM   #7
CHRISTISAM2001
El Grando Branson Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherkim
We're All City Pass holders, and love Celebration City. My youngest really loves the kiddie rides at CC -- she can spend all night running from one ride to the other (and I think she might be too tall for some of them this year... sob!). I like the atmosphere, and I like finding a bench and letting her enjoy the rides. There are 2 spots with 2-6 kiddie rides, where you can find a good spot and keep an eye on the kids while you relax. Also, this year they're supposed to be introducing more shows/exhibits for kids with an extreme sports show, Veggie Tales and Lego play area. I can't wait to try them out. Unfortunately, CC isn't opening for the season until May, so we won't get to visit during our March trip, but we'll be there in June and July.
OH, Are you sure they are not going to be opened until May?
Old 02-20-2006, 02:54 PM   #8
teacherkim
Super Ultra Member

http://www.bransoncelebrationcity.com/dates-hours/

Looks like opening day is May 5.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:59 PM   #9
CHRISTISAM2001
El Grando Branson Lover

Thanks TeacherKim, I went on the website earlier and I just thought they were opened in Feb and Mar only for special activities, so I called the phone # and she said that those dates applied for Silver Dollar City. Thanks again for your help!!
Old 02-20-2006, 08:14 PM   #10
beba

I am going to be in branson the end of march, and was thinking of going to sdc when i get there but I am not sure of the cost, and not sure what time I will get in town. if any one knows any help will be great.
Old 02-20-2006, 09:13 PM   #11
CHRISTISAM2001
El Grando Branson Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by beba
I am going to be in branson the end of march, and was thinking of going to sdc when i get there but I am not sure of the cost, and not sure what time I will get in town. if any one knows any help will be great.
You can go to silverdollarcity.com and it will tell you the tickets prices. Hope this helps.
Old 02-25-2006, 12:15 PM   #12
CHRISTISAM2001
El Grando Branson Lover

Well, it looks like our trip will be put off for another couple of weeks. I guess we are going to try to go March the 24-26. I HOPE , unless something else comes up!!
Old 02-25-2006, 12:36 PM   #13
nannac
Super Ultra Member

Christ....We are going that weekend also. I don't think that there is a whole lot going on at SDC that weekend, but some of the rides are open, and the shops and eateries. We went to Branson last year the same weekend, and it was not crowded at all. It was actually kinda nice getting around town without traffic. We like to see the shows this time of year, and save the warm weather stuff for later on. Hope you have fun!!!
Old 02-25-2006, 01:17 PM   #14
CHRISTISAM2001
El Grando Branson Lover

Great!! maybe we will bump into yall!! Will yall be doing any shopping at the outlet malls?? Thats were we will be most of the time. It will be me, my mother, and my two little boys!! Have a great time!!
Old 03-01-2006, 09:59 PM   #15
CHRISTISAM2001
El Grando Branson Lover

Well, here we go again... Looks like we will be coming to Branson next weekend. March 10-12. You know, I am to the point that I dont care what weekend in March we get to go to Branson... I JUST WANT TO GO!!! Its hard to work around my husbands schedule and trying to find somebody who wants to work for me while I am gone!! But hopefully we have got it all planned right this time!! If not, I am not putting on here when we are going (I think it is hexing me). I will just let yall know when we get back!!!!

Closed Thread