1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 02:04 AM   #1
Carol/MO

Thumbs up Branson Cares: Concert & Telethon

How exciting!! These Branson entertainers are the best!

Branson Stars Set September 18 ‘Branson Cares’ |
Concert & Telethon to Raise Funds for Hurricane Victims

(Branson, Mo. 9-9-05) “Branson Cares” is the message the Branson community wants to send to victims of Hurricane Katrina – along with relief funds raised by a concert and a telethon set for Sunday, September 18 in the Southwest Missouri town known for live entertainment.

“Our neighbors to the south have shared our hospitality during the good times, and we want them to share our hospitality
in the bad times too,” said Ann Stafford, event organizer and co-owner of the Jim Stafford Theatre in Branson. “Branson’s stars want to help with relief efforts and show that Branson cares – we want to reach out with the heart and soul of this community.”

The live concert will be at the Tri-Lakes Center on Hwy. 248, 7 p.m. Sunday, September 18.

Performers include:

Jim Stafford Andy Williams Yakov Smirnoff

Mickey Gilley Ray Stevens Pam Tillis

Marie Osmond Moe Bandy Janet Lennon

Doug Gabriel The Lennon Sisters Les Brown Jr.

Merrill Osmond Baldknobbers Jamboree New Shanghai Circus

Buck Trent & New South Ed Ames Patti Page

Todd Oliver & his Talking Dogs Carol Lawrence

The show will be broadcast live by Springfield NBC affiliate KY3 from 8-10 p.m. Central Time. The Branson Cares Benefit will be available via satellite for broadcast from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. by stations throughout the Midwest. KY3 has graciously donated the equipment, labor, and the satellite services for this event.

The League of Branson Theater Owners and Show Producers (The League) is producing the Branson Cares Concert Benefit and Telethon. Other Sponsors of the event are KY3 Television, the Branson/Lakes Area Chamber of Commerce & CVB, the City of Branson, a variety of area businesses, and numerous volunteers.

KY3, in providing the live broadcast of the show and facilitating the satellite uplink, is making it possible for the telethon to be shown in communities throughout the country, with those station placement efforts currently underway. Stations such as KFJX, the Fox affiliate in Joplin, Missouri, will be airing the program live from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Sunday, September 18. Most recently KNWA-KFTA, the NBC affiliates for the Fayetteville-Ft. Smith, Arkansas area as well as the NBC affiliate in Little Rock Arkansas, KARK, have announced that they will be airing a tape delay of the Branson Cares Telethon from 10:50 to 12:50 PM on Sunday, September 18. Viewers are advised to call their local TV stations to check the schedule to see if their hometown stations are airing the Branson Cares Concert and Telethon.

The famed entertainment town has often used its strong talent pool to show its generosity, having hosted many charitable events. Most notably, Branson pulled together for a national telethon to raise emergency assistance for the Midwestern floods of 1993.

“This community, when it sets its direction to help those in need, exemplifies its solid, Christian backbone. We want our fellow Americans to know Branson cares,” concluded Stafford, who is also the Vice-President of The League and Branson Cares Benefit Chairperson.

All proceeds from the concert and telethon will go to the American Red Cross Greater Ozarks Chapter and the Salvation Army. To purchase tickets to the live concert at the Tri-Lakes Center, 7 p.m. Sunday, September
18, please call 417-336-0219.

Visitors are also encouraged to bring non-perishable food items, socks, underwear, hygiene kits, and toys to the benefit for the Convoy of Hope trucks that will be on site during the Branson Cares Benefit. These items will be sent directly to the disaster area.

Donations to the Branson Cares relief effort may be made to:

Branson Cares

c/o The League of Branson Theatre Owners and Show Producers
Post Office Box 5083
Branson, Missouri 65615

For Immediate Release

Press contact: Cindy Merry, 417-739-4925, mailto:tomerrys@interlinc.net

Lisa Rau, 417-294-7586, mailto:lrau@silverdollarcity.com

From http://merrillosmond.com/branson_cares.htm

Also, Merrill Osmond along with Phil Morrell are down in MS right now gearing up to help in the rebuilding of the area.. For more information on items
needed, visit this website.. http://merrillosmond.com/morrell.htm

Thanks everyone!
Carol

Last edited by Carol/MO; 09-10-2005 at 02:06 AM.
Old 09-11-2005, 10:44 AM   #2
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Thanks, Carol.

Branson Does care!
Old 09-12-2005, 01:52 PM   #3
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Thanks for posting this Carol!!!
Old 09-12-2005, 05:36 PM   #4
Wayno

I contacted our local NBC affliate to see if this concert and telethon would be seen in our area of central WI and was told that it would not be. I asked about taped delay programming and the person I talked to said they doubted it and that schedule had already been established for that time period. I expressed my disappointment that they would not be airing the program and said I felt that they were loosing out on a great opportunity to raise money for the hurricane relief effort in this area especially in light of the fact that the program is already set up and that the entertainment being featured is top of the line.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:12 AM   #5
Wayno

Are any board members planning on attending the Branson Concert and Telethon on Sept 18th? Sounds like a great show...wish I lived about 700 miles closer!
Old 09-13-2005, 01:20 PM   #6
teliras

Branson Cares

I just made reservations!
The ticket prices are $50.00 for seating in the front and $35.00 for seating in the back.
The whole amount will go for the hurricane relief.
I went for the front seating and got tickets in the 4th row center, sounds like a good place to be. Never been to Branson much less Tri-lakes before.
Will be coming from Georgia for the week and had not decided yet who or what to see, this should be an incredible show for us.
Anyone else going???
Old 09-13-2005, 01:51 PM   #7
Don Baker Sr
Super Ultra Member

BRANSON CARES..........front row center....THE GOOD OLE DAYS ARE RIGHT NOW!.......DB
________
California medical marijuana

Last edited by Don Baker Sr; 02-10-2011 at 10:01 PM.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:07 PM   #8
engel
Super Ultra Member

Unfortunately (well, I didn't mean it that way) we already have tickets for Circue that night. Hopefully, son-in-law will tape it for us.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:15 PM   #9
deb_803
George Strait Junkie

I wish I could go to that show, I guess I'll have to settle for watching it on TV. For those who go, I hope you will post and tell us that don't get to go all about it.

This link should take you to the Rankin Brothers FB Fan Page.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/121168961253976/
Old 09-13-2005, 02:55 PM   #10
engel
Super Ultra Member

Smile

Well, my daughter simply couldn't resist this one, so she's going to try to change the Cirque tickets to Sat. afternoon & get tickets to this one. Wish us luck!
Man, is this girl good! Changed the Cirque tickets & are now 5 rows closer than we had before (3rd row aisle) and got 3rd row aisle seats for the telethon!! Woohoo!

Last edited by engel; 09-13-2005 at 03:38 PM. Reason: New info
Old 09-13-2005, 05:11 PM   #11
Wayno

That worked out great for you and your daughter Engel. As long as you are going to be there, it is something you should not miss. Be sure and post a detailed review....I will be all "eyes"!!
Old 09-13-2005, 05:20 PM   #12
engel
Super Ultra Member

Let's hope I can remember long enough! Now that we have tickets, where do we go? Is that the old Mel Tillis theater?
Old 09-13-2005, 06:39 PM   #13
Don Baker Sr
Super Ultra Member

Tri-Lakes is the old Mel Tillis Theater.......Wayno........if we were 700 miles closer, I could be there in 30-45 minutes............Teliras,Wayno, & Engel, and anybody else, come down to the front row at entermission and hollar HEY!........THE GOOD OLD DAYS ARE RIGHT NOW!...............DB
________
Cheap easy vape vaporizer

Last edited by Don Baker Sr; 02-10-2011 at 10:02 PM.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:34 AM   #14
engel
Super Ultra Member

Smile

Holler at me! By the time I get there, the only part I will remember is "HEY"! Describe yourself, so I don't yell "HEY" too many times, and get arrested for disturbing the peace. I'm 66, short hair, daughter is 44 (or will be Sun.) and I'll be wearing my Branson Buddy button.
Old 09-14-2005, 04:09 PM   #15
Don Baker Sr
Super Ultra Member

ENGEL-don't know what seats other than front row center------Wife and I are both 69 yrs young, I wear glasses, thin grey hair and wife has short brownish hair. I usually wear a Red Raider ball cap with the letters TT on the front. I'll look for your Branson Buddy button.....and happy birthday to your daughter. Can't think of a better birthday than being in Branson!.....THE GOOD OLE DAYS ARE RIGHT NOW!.....DB
________
Ferrari fx specifications

Last edited by Don Baker Sr; 02-10-2011 at 10:02 PM.

Closed Thread