1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Dining

Old 11-12-2019, 04:06 PM   #16
82corvette
Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
Can't see how they could even come close to a place like Grand Country Buffet. Cheaper, probably. Less crowded, most likely. But quality wise, just can't see it. Kind of like having a McTurkey at Mc Donalds!
Actually it was great!
82corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 06:35 PM   #17
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82corvette View Post
Actually it was great!
I've heard that about their breakfast buffet. Some even saying "as good as GCB". So I tried it one time. That's all it took. Choices limited, food OK, but how do you screw up bacon, sausage and eggs? The price was cheaper, I think that's their main draw. But the service was rediculious. How long do you have to wait for a cup of coffee? Don't know, I never did get it!
How many times do you have to tell the server, or who ever it was, that you want the buffet, not something from the menu? I think it was 3 or 4 times, with the reply "are you sure"!
Oh, by the way, tye coffee was on my check! Something I had to argue about when paying. After I convinced them I had never got my coffee they still didn't want to take it off the bill. Just wanted to give me a go cup.
Never again, for any meal. Especially a Thanksgiving feast!

Last edited by rjw1991A1; 11-12-2019 at 06:39 PM.
rjw1991A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 07:31 PM   #18
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

Ok...gave it a few weeks, now will talk about my personal favorite place to savor (not just eat) a Thanksgiving Day feast.

As I have grown more mature, I have come to appreciate VARIETY and QUALITY over "quantity" when it comes to food, as I simply cannot eat the massive amounts I used to when 19 or 20-ish.

Since I only eat Thanksgiving Day meal once per year, I look for the place I can get the MOST variety, with the HIGHEST quality..

For myself, that is Chateau on the Lake. There is no other place that I have found in over a dozen years that has the Variety combined with Quality as that place does on Thanksgiving Day. It also happens to be the most expensive Thanksgiving meal in town, I am quite sure....but again, just ONCE per year, Variety and Quality of food, in addition to the Atmosphere, Ice Sculptures, Live holiday/swing music piano playing (no singing) in the background....It simply cannot be topped, IMO.

Now, if I was taking a half dozen people and having to foot the bill...well, maybe I would go to one of the other nice, but less expensive restaurants in town...but since I am fortunate enough to almost always have myself and one or two others with me, it is doable, and worth ever penny...um dollar.

This year, there will be two different menus, depending upon where you choose to dine...the Great Hall (which is the ONLY place I go to on Thanksgiving Day) or the Chateau Grill, which is their main dining area.

First, the menu from the Great Hall (ALL items are ALL YOU CAN EAT):

Meat Entrees:
1. Chef hosted carving station-Cracked pepper and herb crusted Prime Rib, and Herb Roasted Turkey,
2. From the buffet tables in SS cookware, kept hot via hot plates (and constantly refilled when low by the kitchen staff):
1. Grilled Beef Medallions & Mushroom Au Poivre,
2. Herb Grilled Chicken Breast & Zesty Tomato Sauce,
3. Pineapple Glazed Country Ham & Honey Mustard,
4. Pan-Seared Salmon & Lemon Dill Cream,
5. Pulled Dark Meat Turkey & Natural Jus,
6. Herb Roasted Turkey & Giblet Gravy...

PLUS the following SEAFOOD: Snow Crab Legs, Sliced Smoked Salmon, Oyster on the half shell, Shrimp Cocktail...

A full service made to order Omelet and Waffle station, in addition to these breakfast items: Traditional Eggs Benedict, Bacon, Sausage, & Breakfast Potatoes...

Now the Vegie choices: Braised Fennel, Corn Bread & Sage Stuffing, Roasted Garlic Whipped Potatoes & Gravy, Crispy Fried Onion Green Bean Casserole, Torched Marshmallow Candied Yams, Fresh Thyme Honey Glazed Carrots...

The Salads:
1. Field Green Salad Shredded Carrots, Cucumbers, Tomato & Assorted Dressings,
2. Caesar Salad Croutons, Parmesan Cheese & Caesar Dressing,
3. Baby Spinach Salad Mushrooms, Chopped Egg, Smoked Bacon & a Warm Bacon Vinaigrette,
4. Ambrosia Salad Mini Marshmallows, Mandarin Oranges, Coconut, and Cherries,
5. Tuscan Pasta Salad Tomatoes, Red Onion, Kalamata Olives, Pesto Vinaigrette

The Appetizers:
Sliced Fruits & Berries, and International & Domestic Cheese with Crackers...

Misc: Variety of Breads...

Desserts:
1. FLAMBÉ STATION with Bananas Foster & Cherries Jubilee,
2. Assorted Pastries & Pick-up Sweets,
3. Array of Chateau Specialty Cakes & Pies,
4. Chocolate Fondue with Strawberries, Pound Cake, Marshmallows & Pretzel Rods,
5. Rum and Raisin Bread Pudding

For the Children (all the above PLUS the following "fun' foods):
Chicken Fingers, Mashed Potatoes, Carrot & Celery Sticks, Watermelon,
Hot Dogs & Buns, Sliced Macaroni & Cheese, Cupcakes.

If you choose to eat at the Chateau Grill, they will also be serving ALL the above, PLUS:

1. Lobster Tail with clarified butter,
2. Snapper with Bay Scallops and Crab
3. Sage Rubbed Pork Loin
4. Sliced Beef Tenderloin
5. California and Spicy Crab Sushi Rolls
6. Seared Chicken Breast,
And it goes on and on....

Prices are:
1. The Great Hall: Adults: $60, Children 6-12: $26, 5 under, Free.
2. The Chateau Grill: Adults: $82, Children 6-12:$36, 5 under, Free

Now if anyone can give me a place with MORE Variety and Quality, please do, as I would love to try THAT place! But, I just don't think there is, as I have eaten in almost every restaurant in Branson, over the years.

Again, we all have our personal favorites, and for a plethora of individual reasons...The Chateau on the Lake happens to meet my criteria, so, for that ONCE per year, VERY special occasion, it is MY personal favorite.

Last edited by leftsaidted; 11-15-2019 at 07:34 PM.
leftsaidted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 06:12 PM   #19
tortminder
Mobile Methane Generator

Smile Shepherd's Mill Thanksgiving

Went to the Shepherd's Mill restaurant in Branson for our Thanksgiving dinner. Surprisingly not crowded, no wait to be seated. Buffet line consisted of fresh rolls, corn salad, green salad with cashews and dried cranberries, green beans, mashed potatoes, stuffing, turkey gravy, breast of turkey, baked ham and prime rib.

There was also a nice dessert assortment, (didn't get a picture but the carrot cake and the pecan pie squares were very good).

Pleasant and friendly staff. All in all a nice addition to the Branson dining scene.

"dictum meum pactum"
My word is my bond

Laughter is the best medicine... unless you have diarrhea!

tortminder is offline   Reply With Quote