1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Dining

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2019, 07:38 PM   #1
Branson Junkie
Super Ultra Member

Some Dining Choices

I've already commented on Tequila's Two, which was great, but we've eaten a few other places that are deservant of comments. The first night we ate at Grandma's on Downing Street in Hollister. I had jambalya and my husband shrimp. Both were okay, but I'm not sure we'll return. We had breakfast at Bob Evans, one of my favorites, and it was as good as usual. Today it was breakfast at the Uptown Cafe on 165. Things started off bad when we were seated and then sent to the buffet. By the time we returned to out table 4 men had entered and took our table without being officially seated. My favorite there is the belgian waffles, but they were so busy today, with 15 -20 people standing in line for food that it was hard to get much of anything, and what I got wasn't all that great. Don't think I'll return anytime soon. Tonight it was Hook & Ladder pizza. Pretty good, but there's something about the way it's prepared that is unusual. Could have been hotter. Last night was my husband's birthday dinner and he chose Red Lobster for lobster and shrimp. I also had shrimp that was a generous portion of 12 shrimp - way more than I could eat - with a nice delicate breading.
Old 10-20-2019, 08:36 PM   #2
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
The first night we ate at Grandma's on Downing Street in Hollister
"Missed it by that much" LOL
Forget Grandma, and go up the street to Downing Street Pour House. Unbelievable awesome place. Great food, and great service. Try the house made pastrami. Don't think of those wafer thin deli slices. More like thick slices of roast beef!
Old 10-21-2019, 04:06 PM   #3
Daydreamer

We had breakfast at the Uptown Cafe the last time we were in Branson. I do not usually leave a negative review; but.......... we were not impressed. I am pretty sure that we will not return.
Old 10-21-2019, 11:18 PM   #4
flyfishinggolfer
Ultra Member

Uptown Cafe

I hope those 4 men had the manners to get up and move. I have not been yet, but I heard that the Mushroom Pizza place on the Landing is supposed to be good. We are big fans of Salt Grass, but the last time we went we were not impressed. Cantina Laredo has never let us down. Nor has Charlie's Steak and Ribs. Nor has Landry's. About Landry's, everytime I have sat at the bar I got better service than at the table. Landry's also makes the best Missouri Mule, aka Kentucky Mule, aka Montana Mule.

Closed Thread