1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Attractions

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2019, 08:14 PM   #16
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Sounds exciting! Going to try going Thursday evening. Hope the weeknight crowds aren't as bad. Will return Friday to check out the daytime displays, and crafters.
Where is the Lumberjack Cirque show? Echo Hollow, Red Gold Barn, or one of the theaters?
Old 10-15-2019, 07:37 AM   #17
k-2
Ultra Member

The show is at The Opera House. As usual, people line up early to get in. The acrobatic part of the show was really good.
Old 10-15-2019, 08:31 AM   #18
arkansan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
Sounds exciting! Going to try going Thursday evening. Hope the weeknight crowds aren't as bad. Will return Friday to check out the daytime displays, and crafters.
Where is the Lumberjack Cirque show? Echo Hollow, Red Gold Barn, or one of the theaters?
I think the Lumberjack Cirque show has already ended.
Old 10-15-2019, 04:59 PM   #19
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

Yes, got back in a little after 6:30...I kept thinking, man, I don’t ever remember this park being so crowded before...now I see, 26,000 people that day inside SDC....it was crazy...actually, annoyingly crazy. I also went back Sunday morning, for a little relaxing sanity and daytime viewing of the displays...much, much better!
Old 10-16-2019, 08:24 AM   #20
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
It was in the Opera House but is over already to prep for Christmas. Christmas shows in Red Gold and the Opera House start soon.
Old 10-17-2019, 11:19 PM   #21
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Went to SDC for Pumpkin Nights as planned.
One word...AWESOME!!!
Four words...As crowded as Christmas!
Heard somewhere around 18'000. On a Thursday night, non-Holliday, several weeks after school started!
I think SDC knocked it out of the park with this one.
The old cowboy thing was getting stale, and I don't think ever drew this kind of crowds.
Old 10-18-2019, 08:59 AM   #22
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Wouldn't surprise me if Pumpkin Nights starts earlier in September next year.
Old 10-18-2019, 09:33 AM   #23
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

Just my opinion, but, after having to make two attempts to gain access to the park last Saturday afternoon/evening, and finally getting in a little after 6:46pm...and fighting the 26 THOUSAND other people in the park for walking space and air to breathe...I was UNDERwhelmed...I mean, how many pumpkins can you look at before you become "Pumpkin-outed"?? Took about 15 or 20 minutes for me....Then I had to go back Sunday morning because the guest I had with me Saturday night wanted to see things (more pumpkins!?!?) in the daylight, since we were not able to access the park Saturday afternoon during daylight hours due to too many people/parking shut down.

So...after reflection...this is one festival where I doubt I will go back next year...or if I do, I will just stay on the older coaster/saloon side of the park where there were way less pumpkins AND less people...and yes, I agree, the "Cowboy" festival did not pull as large of a crowd...but, then again, I do not go to SDC for the crowd effect...I go there because I enjoy walking around...looking at the "Old Timey" stuff...smelling the burning coal from the blacksmith shop...hearing the train whistle...eating some succotash, or a grilled burger...drinking frozen lemonaide...riding a coaster or two...
Old 10-18-2019, 10:50 AM   #24
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitcreek View Post
Wouldn't surprise me if Pumpkin Nights starts earlier in September next year.
I bet they do, too. We sure had fun! A perfect way to enjoy the Fall weather.
Old 10-18-2019, 11:11 AM   #25
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

So many pumpkins, but so many various themes to the displays. Not just your typical scary face, or funny smiles. But a whole world of artistic displays. Every where you turn there are different themed displays of uniquely carved pumpkins. I bet you can walk through several times, and notice something different each time!
Plus there is so much more than the pumpkins. The giant tall "dancing" figure balloons, the giant balloon pumpkins, the stage and activities.
We didn't even go through the second half of the pumpkin walk. After you come out of the first part of the walk that starts in the Grand Exposition, and ends up across from the Boat Works stage, there is another path around the corner that goes through more displays, and back to the Grand Exposition.
I think it would take a couple nights to really see everything. Then there are all the unlighted displays through the rest of the park that you need to see during the day.
Without doubt, one of the best festivals SDC has put on.

Last edited by rjw1991A1; 10-18-2019 at 11:21 AM.
Old 10-18-2019, 11:52 AM   #26
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Drove by SDC at 10:15 this AM and the cars were backed up to the High Road. Came back 90 minutes later and the scene was the same.. Y'all have fun.

Never let yesterday use up too much of today..
Old 10-18-2019, 12:48 PM   #27
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Correction:
After a daytime look, and seeing the map, the path after the Boat Works just leads back to the Frisco Freight Barn, and entrance to the Pumpkin Nights and Grand Exposition area. We actually didn't miss anything. Don't know why the park employee at the end told me there was more around the corner.
Old 10-18-2019, 06:07 PM   #28
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Correction:
After a daytime look, and seeing the map, the path after the Boat Works just leads back to the Frisco Freight Barn, and entrance to the Pumpkin Nights and Grand Exposition area. We actually didn't miss anything. Don't know why the park employee at the end told me there was more around the corner.
Unless things changed after the first few days, part of the Pumpkin Nights pathway was closed during the daytime hours. There was a gate by the old Waterboggan that was closed during the daytime. From the gate there was a pathway with pumpkins to the Plaza area of Pumpkin Nights where the dance parties are held. In that plaza area, there was booths for face painting and fall snacks/beverages as well as huge screen with images. Then there was a pathway with pumpkins from the Plaza to the Grand Exposition.

Closed Thread