Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2003, 07:24 PM   #1
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

George Jones

A SWEETHEART OF A SHOW - JONES IN TOWN FEBRUARY 14TH
by Rene Ray
The Grand Palace has announced the addition of the legendary George Jones to their concert lineup in 2003. Valentine's Day, February 14th at 8 pm, Jones will perform his many hits in this additional date. The overwhelming demand for tickets brought about this added opportunity to see "The Possum" live!.

courtesy Branson Net Gazette
Old 01-24-2003, 10:55 PM   #2
renegade

Hope it was better than in October!!!!!

Cheesecake, My Dad and I went to the Grand Palace in October to see the "Possum". He had some female singer opening for him, It was really BAD!!!!! Then his band leader got up and talked for 15 - 20 minutes about what they had for sale and an intermission. Then they took all the Fan Club members back and signed autographs for them while the band played without him. George finally got out on stage after about 75 minutes and he was sooooooo bad. My Dad said we are leaving, I am not staying here to listen to this. We left before George had sang 5 songs. It was really Bad. Hope things go better for this show.

Renegade
Old 01-24-2003, 11:56 PM   #3
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

I hope the next show is better too.

We had a similar experience at another show with a big star, this past summer. Almost the same kind of stuff. Everyone in the audience at the GP was angry........big bucks for no show.

Im hoping that whatever the difficulties were there last season, that they have fixed them.

I just know my hubby wont buy that ticket for that big star ever again...he said Rip me off once, its shame on them, Rip me off twice, its shame on ME.......he was really angry.

We went back for another show, later in the season, and it was really a wonderful show, and everything went very nicely....and the only reason we went the second time, was the tickets were purchased.......use em or loose em....but, we had a good time at that show.
Old 01-25-2003, 07:46 AM   #4
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

These bad experience may be down to the Star. I mean, certain people have a bit of a rep when it comes to this...a bit of an ego.

Thankfully, The Oak Ridge Boys come to party with the audience. They don't bring a trace of "tude".

Suselit
Old 01-25-2003, 08:23 AM   #5
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

Oh Suse..you got that right...no matter ones preference in music, (I love the Oaks)........you get a show when you go to their shows....you are entertained and you dont ever get bored....its lively, happy, and busy. There isnt a moment to get bored...The Oakridge Boys are super entertainment.

Closed Thread