1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Living in Branson > Local Branson / Tri-Lakes Area Issues

Old 01-30-2020, 07:55 PM   #1
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

Branson Pot Outlets approved

Pot Outlets, aka their politically softened, publically acceptable, name "Medical Marijuana Dispenseries", are coming to both Branson and Branson West, very soon. The one (so far) slated to open in Branson proper is going to be located near the new Aquarium, behind it, in the former Lone Star Steakhouse building. The other two have been approved to be opened in Branson West; one will be directly across from the Walmart, the other I'm not sure where yet.

Well, hold on, because these will just be the BEGINNING of what I believe to be MANY to open in the area, based on what I have observed throughout the states that have legalized "medical" marijuana. Soon billboards will spring up along the main highways, advertising the Outlets, with such cute plays on words. And, for anyone who wonders, yes, YOU and Anyone will be able to get a "medical certificate" so you too can buy pot at any of these places...there will be "quack" doctors more than willing to write your "prescription".

So...look for more vehicle accidents, injuries and deaths to occur, due to more people driving under the "influence". And, as in all the other states, the State Police, and Branson cops, have NO TEST to determine if you, or the person who just crossed lanes and smashed into your car, are illegally driving their vehicle stoned out of their minds on pot...because there IS NO SUCH TEST, as there is for driving under the influence of alcohol.

And, watch shortly, for the "Recreational" use of pot to be on the ballot very soon...and it will pass also, as it has in other states...even though there will be, initially, financial competition and friction between "recreational" pot users versus the "medical" pot users and their network. Remember, a monopoly can only make money when their is no other competition.

All you people clamoring for Branson to "change", well, here you go...from backwoods pot growers/suppliers/dealers to the mainstream, in the middle of your town. How's that feel?
leftsaidted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 11:12 PM   #2
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
All you people clamoring for Branson to "change", well, here you go...from backwoods pot growers/suppliers/dealers to the mainstream, in the middle of your town. How's that feel?
Kinda like the illegal stills of years past going away, but now there are several "legal" moonshine producers around branson.
Old 01-31-2020, 06:00 AM   #3
zalo9
Your message here, $5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
Pot Outlets, aka their politically softened, publically acceptable, name "Medical Marijuana Dispenseries", are coming to both Branson and Branson West, very soon. The one (so far) slated to open in Branson proper is going to be located near the new Aquarium, behind it, in the former Lone Star Steakhouse building. The other two have been approved to be opened in Branson West; one will be directly across from the Walmart, the other I'm not sure where yet.

Well, hold on, because these will just be the BEGINNING of what I believe to be MANY to open in the area, based on what I have observed throughout the states that have legalized "medical" marijuana. Soon billboards will spring up along the main highways, advertising the Outlets, with such cute plays on words. And, for anyone who wonders, yes, YOU and Anyone will be able to get a "medical certificate" so you too can buy pot at any of these places...there will be "quack" doctors more than willing to write your "prescription".

So...look for more vehicle accidents, injuries and deaths to occur, due to more people driving under the "influence". And, as in all the other states, the State Police, and Branson cops, have NO TEST to determine if you, or the person who just crossed lanes and smashed into your car, are illegally driving their vehicle stoned out of their minds on pot...because there IS NO SUCH TEST, as there is for driving under the influence of alcohol.

And, watch shortly, for the "Recreational" use of pot to be on the ballot very soon...and it will pass also, as it has in other states...even though there will be, initially, financial competition and friction between "recreational" pot users versus the "medical" pot users and their network. Remember, a monopoly can only make money when their is no other competition.

Ok Boomer.
zalo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 07:30 AM   #4
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:

So...look for more vehicle accidents, injuries and deaths to occur, due to more people driving under the "influence". And, as in all the other states, the State Police, and Branson cops, have NO TEST to determine if you, or the person who just crossed lanes and smashed into your car, are illegally driving their vehicle stoned out of their minds on pot...
I suppose you have researched this statement.
"Pot" is legal in several states now.
Would like to see your research and numbers on this topic.
Old 01-31-2020, 09:25 AM   #5
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

quoted: "Kinda like the illegal stills of years past going away, but now there are several "legal" moonshine producers around branson"..

No, this is NOT, and CANNOT, be compared to legal or illegal stills...or any other alcohol useage, as there IS valid and accurate TESTING that can, and is, done by law enforcement to determine if someone is ALCOHOL IMPAIRED, and a danger to themselves, or worse, to the general public. THERE IS NO SUCH TEST FOR POT! Get that??? That, and THAT ALONE, is the difference....

Also quoted"I suppose you have researched this statement".. Yes, as a matter of fact I HAVE. And YOU??? Last year, I posted on this site several quotations of the California Highway Patrol, of their frustration and bewilderment at the State of California legalizing pot useage...and there still being NO TEST that the CHP could administer to suspected drivers under pots influence, who were involved in vehicular accidents. They also stated they HAVE a very large percentage of people they suspect, by smell, and items found in cars, involved in at fault vehicle accidents, due to being under the influence of pot...but again, no legal way to test them. Maybe if I feel like REPEATING myself, I will source that info and post it again...maybe.
For kicks, here are a few of the MANY:
1. California Highway Patrol officers investigate the scene of a multi-car crash on Interstate 880 in Fremont, Calif. Several people were killed in a multi-car crash that closed several lanes of a major San Francisco Bay highway and officials say the driver suspected of causing it was under the influence of marijuana (October 18, 2018, AP/NBC)
2. There has been an increase by up to 6 percent in the number of highway crashes in four of the states where the recreational use of marijuana has been legalized, according to a pair of new studies-4 states where data was compiled, other states pending(Oct 18, 2018 NBC)
3. Now that recreational marijuana is legal in California, the state is seeing a noticeable increase in car accidents.
When Californians voted to legalized recreational weed in 2016, only a handful of them actually weighed pros and cons of making marijuana available for sale to millions of Los Angeles residents.
One of the major cons of legalizing pot in any state is a sharp increase in marijuana-impaired drivers on the streets.
While not all cities of California have given green light on cannabis legalization, the impact of the new law has already been felt across the U.S., particularly by those who were unfortunate to become victims of car accidents involving weed-impaired motorists.
Weed legalization in California causes more car accidents
As the number of weed- and drug-impaired motorists in California are rising every year, the California Highway Patrol has warned local residents earlier this week that weed legalization is expected to put even more marijuana-impaired drivers on the streets of Los Angeles, Riverside, and other cities.
Despite the continued legislative push to legalize marijuana in all states across the nation – with 29 U.S. states and the District of Columbia already on board – health experts warn of the increased risk of weed-impaired motorists causing car accidents.
Studies have shown the effect weed has on motorists. And turns out, smoking marijuana puts drivers at a greater risk of causing a car accident, as weed decreases focus and slows down reaction time.
These two conditions are directly linked to traffic collisions, our Los Angeles car accident attorneys at Law Offices of Howard Craig Kornberg warn.
That means by legalizing weed in 2018, residents of Los Angeles and other cities across California who voted in favor of marijuana legalization made the streets of California even more dangerous to car drivers, bicyclists, motorcyclists, and pedestrians. (Law Offices of Howard Craig Kornberg Jan 1 2018)
4.A new study finds an increase in accident insurance claims in three states that have approved the sale of marijuana for recreational use.
According the Highway Loss Data Institute, the number of vehicle collisions reported to insurance companies in Colorado, Oregon and Washington is 3 percent higher than what would have been expected if those states had not made it legal to buy pot.
“We’re concerned about what we’re seeing,” said Matt Moore, the institute’s senior vice president. “We see strong evidence of an increased crash risk in states that have approved recreational marijuana sales.”
To determine whether collision rates are higher now in Colorado, Oregon and Washington than they would be if recreational pot use was still illegal, the institute compared the collision claim rates before and after legalization with the collision claim rates of comparable states where pot is still illegal. For example, Colorado was compared to Nebraska, Utah and Wyoming.
After crunching the numbers, the institute said collision claims since marijuana was legalized are up 16 percent in Colorado, 6.2 percent in Washington and 4.5 percent in Oregon.
“Colorado has had legal pot sales the longest and it is showing the greatest effect,” said Moore. “Meanwhile, Oregon has had pot sales for the shortest amount of time, so its increase is the lowest, but that could change over time.” (CNBC June 22 2017)
5. Fatal Car Crashes Involving Pot Use Have Tripled in U.S., Study Finds
Researchers note that increase included men and women, and all age groups
The legalization of marijuana is an idea that is gaining momentum in the United States, but there may be a dark side to pot becoming more commonplace, a new study suggests.
Fatal crashes involving marijuana use tripled during the previous decade, fueling some of the overall increase in drugged-driving traffic deaths, researchers from Columbia University's Mailman School of Public Health report.
"Currently, one of nine drivers involved in fatal crashes would test positive for marijuana," said co-author Dr. Guohua Li, director of the Center for Injury Epidemiology and Prevention at Columbia. "If this trend continues, in five or six years non-alcohol drugs will overtake alcohol to become the most common substance involved in deaths related to impaired driving."
The research team drew its conclusions from crash statistics from six states that routinely perform toxicology tests on drivers involved in fatal car wrecks -- California, Hawaii, Illinois, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and West Virginia. The statistics included more than 23,500 drivers who died within one hour of a crash between 1999 and 2010. (Feb. 4, 2014 HealthDay News)

Now...want me to go on???

But, as an aside, I always find it impossible to reason with STONERS, as they have permanently damaged their brain cells to the point of being unable to reason....OH, and YES, I HAVE RESEARCHED THAT, also....
1. Brain damage seen in potent-marijuana smokers...(Psychological Medicine Nov 27, 2015; reprinted in Science News for Students, Dec 15 2016)
2. Scientists have confirmed the long-held suspicion that frequent heavy marijuana use damages the brain's memory and learning capacity...(Medical Daily Aug 9 2012)
3. Dangers of Marijuana: Long-Term Effects of Pot on the Brain and Body. Researchers who published their findings in the "Molecular Psychiatry" journal discovered that heavy cannabis users are at risk for developing false memories, even if those users had gone without smoking pot for over a month.
Such a finding is one of a number that suggests people who were regular marijuana smokers in their teenage years are more likely to have memory problems as adults. One such study was published in the Hippocampus journal, which found that teenagers who smoked pot every day for three years had “abnormally shaped” hippocampal regions when they reached their early 20s. Those individuals “performed around 18 percent worse in long-term memory tests,” compared to other test subjects who had never smoked marijuana.
Another study published in JAMA Internal Medicine noted much the same thing, with researchers surprised that there was “such a consistent association with verbal memory for chronic exposure to marijuana,” even when other factors (like cigarettes and alcohol) were accounted for. As past years of marijuana use went up, verbal memory scores went down; expressed numerically, 50 percent of pot smokers tended to remember one fewer word from a list of 15 words. One of the study’s authors worried that “this transient effect” could damage how the brain processes information and how that information is processed. (Americanaddictioncenter.org July 8 2019)

Once again, want me to go on with these NEW and comprehensive studies from medical professionals around the world? The older, "pot is harmless" quasi studies of 2, 3, and 4 or more decades ago have been completely debunked.

The current, potent strains of pot ARE very dangerous, causing brain damage to the user (actually who I could care less about..you want to fry your brain I do not care), but more importantly, from the Law Enforcement community in many states, a clear and present danger to innocent motorist who the pot impaired driver of a vehicle smashes into, inuring and/or killing them. And THAT is what I DO CARE about!
leftsaidted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 11:22 AM   #6
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
The current, potent strains of pot ARE very dangerous, causing brain damage to the user (actually who I could care less about..you want to fry your brain I do not care), but more importantly, from the Law Enforcement community in many states, a clear and present danger to innocent motorist who the pot impaired driver of a vehicle smashes into, inuring and/or killing them. And THAT is what I DO CARE about!
WOW!!!! You have certainly done some SERIOUS homework on this subject!!! I applaud you...and am quite impressed!!! And I thank you for giving me some solid reasons for why I should feel the way I do on this subject!! As one who lost her Grandfather and another dear friend to people driving under the influence of alcohol, I would hate to lose anyone else I love because of some idiot driving under the influence of legalized pot!
bransoncutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 12:04 PM   #7
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransoncutie View Post
WOW!!!! You have certainly done some SERIOUS homework on this subject!!! I applaud you...and am quite impressed!!! And I thank you for giving me some solid reasons for why I should feel the way I do on this subject!! As one who lost her Grandfather and another dear friend to people driving under the influence of alcohol, I would hate to lose anyone else I love because of some idiot driving under the influence of legalized pot!
Or legalized rx narcotics or sedatives or muscle relaxants, etc etc etc. Missouri is not opening consumer pot shops to anyone that walks through the door....this is not Colorado. (yet).
soxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 12:48 PM   #8
WireRoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
Kinda like the illegal stills of years past going away, but now there are several "legal" moonshine producers around branson.
yeah...but it don't taste the same as the stuff made down in the hills and hollers...
WireRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 01:49 PM   #9
OkieAnon

as someone from a state that legalized the medical pot, after a few months of it being in effect can't really say that it's all that big of a deal, you see a new store pop up in about every town.

Have noticed it seems like there's a lot stories in the news about break-ins and armed robberies at these places.

having had a family member who suffered from severe pain on a daily basis had she lived a few months longer would have considered looking into it for her.
OkieAnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 01:49 PM   #10
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxster View Post
Or legalized rx narcotics or sedatives or muscle relaxants, etc etc etc. Missouri is not opening consumer pot shops to anyone that walks through the door....this is not Colorado. (yet).
That little word "yet" is HUGE!! You know it's coming...it's just a matter of time.

It all boils down to people need to stop and think before they get behind the wheel when under the influence of ANY substance which alters their ability to think and react normally. I know I make sure I only take one of my pain pills when I will be home for at least 12 hours.
bransoncutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 03:29 PM   #11
kerlyjo

Pot test

Hasn't anyone heard of a urinalysis?
kerlyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 03:45 PM   #12
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransoncutie View Post
That little word "yet" is HUGE!! You know it's coming...it's just a matter of time.

It all boils down to people need to stop and think before they get behind the wheel when under the influence of ANY substance which alters their ability to think and react normally. I know I make sure I only take one of my pain pills when I will be home for at least 12 hours.
agree 1000%
Old 01-31-2020, 03:51 PM   #13
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerlyjo View Post
Hasn't anyone heard of a urinalysis?
Trust me that is not going to work from a medical point of view. Yes it may be present in the urine but what is the actual blood level. 3 days ago you smoked a joint and it shows up in your urine? Why not do a hair sample.....just as worthless. A more accurate blood analysis is time consuming, more so than a blood alcohol. Maybe some day they will have the technology to do a breathalyzer for realtime, all drugs that could impair your coordination/judgement.
Old 01-31-2020, 06:57 PM   #14
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:

Q..Whats more dangerous than driving Stoned??
A..Texting while driving stoned..

The phrase, "don't take this the wrong way" has a zero percent success rate .
DalmatianDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 08:20 PM   #15
Branson Friend

What is the “over/under” on days before people start complaining they don’t get an area appreciation rate?
Branson Friend is offline   Reply With Quote