1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Old 01-17-2019, 02:32 PM   #1
c kling
Ultra Member

Ayo

Does anyone know if AYO will be performing in 2019? Just booked 21 shows for April/May trip & was trying to find them. Will do another round of shows in September.
c kling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 01:45 AM   #2
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

They will not be performing this year, from what I understand. I believe that Nadia is supposed to be part of the new ice show at Andy Williams Performing Arts Center. But I don’t know the schedule for that show.
bransoncutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 11:28 AM   #3
c kling
Ultra Member

Thanks for the info Bransoncutie.
c kling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 03:27 PM   #4
LaJoe
Super Ultra Member

Wow, I hope they will be singing together somewhere. Great young people with loads of talent!
Old 01-19-2019, 07:45 AM   #5
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

I heard last season, they just were not drawing a big enough crowd..
Old 01-19-2019, 11:00 AM   #6
KJN
Super Ultra Member

This makes me sad. I really enjoyed their show and thought they had such talent!
KJN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 07:43 PM   #7
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

There have been in the past...are currently...and will be in the future...many excellent and very talented performers in Branson that could just not produce a crowd large enough to sustain themselves...be it a lack of funding for basic living expenses, lack of funding for advertising, lack of funding for paying band members and/or theatre contracted fees....or a host of other "lack of funding" issues that are inherent with any business, and especially the entertainment business. It is sad, but just as in any other business, a "lack of funding" to sustain that business for a minimum of 6 months, and preferably 1 year, until that business can build name recognition, build a favorable reputation, and establish a strong advertising campaign to distinguish it from it's many competitors, is the cause of such a staggering percentage of new business endeavors, even though they may have a wonderful product. And performers need to see themselves as a bonafide "business", in reality a "product", not so much as just a "great singer" or "talented musician", etc. No matter who has told them they are such a wonderful performer, and built their egos up, they must always think about themselves in the cold, stark reality of being "a business". And a successful business must not only have ( or be able to secure) proper "start up" capitol, it must be funded adequately to continue to operate normally during the first year or so of lean times, and be able to fund unexpected expenses, in order to remain viable. People who sing or play musical instruments for a living are no different...

So good luck to them in their future, hopefully they will be able to make another run at becoming an established performing act either in Branson, or elsewhere.

Last edited by leftsaidted; 01-21-2019 at 07:46 PM.
leftsaidted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 08:44 AM   #8
MLM

That's just about perfectly said. The only things I would add are that in Branson you realistically need to be prepared with about five years worth of startup capital. It can easily take that long for ticket sellers to really sell your product because:

1. They want to make sure your show is a quality production long term.
2. They want to see from consumer reactions that it appeals to a Branson demographic.
3. They want to make sure you're in it for the long haul. If you suddenly shut the show down the ticket sellers are left with a bunch of disgruntled customers some of whom bought their tickets months in advance.
4. They want to make sure you won't cancel shows just because you "don't feel well that day" or the crowd isn't as big as you'd like.

Last thing--- Realistically, entertainers are almost never the greatest businessmen. They're too close to what they do and ego understandably colors their decisions. That's not to say that any of this applies to Ayo....they're talented and super nice. It's just a commentary on the difficulty of succeeding in the Branson market.
MLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 08:49 AM   #9
MLM

Also...ticket sellers and most people who visit Branson seem to easily get in a rut... they see the or recommend the same shows over and over again. Honestly, I see that on this forum all the time. It doesn't mean the shows they see aren't good, but it does make it more difficult for newer shows.
MLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 09:38 AM   #10
LaJoe
Super Ultra Member

People have really missed the boat on Voices of Glory. They are super talented and put on a great show.
Old 01-22-2019, 09:51 PM   #11
jhnwia

I really enjoyed their show when I saw it last April. There weren't very many people there, they might have done better in a smaller venue than Andy Williams.
jhnwia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 08:43 AM   #12
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhnwia View Post
I really enjoyed their show when I saw it last April. There weren't very many people there, they might have done better in a smaller venue than Andy Williams.
yes that theatre was waay to big for them, they had been in 2 or 3 other venues previously..