1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Living in Branson > Local Branson / Tri-Lakes Area Issues

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2018, 10:33 AM   #1
Chittlins

Frontier comes back to BKG

Service to Denver, just announced by Frontier, no frequency info yet.
Old 02-08-2018, 02:39 PM   #2
NotJLB
Super Ultra Member

DENVER - Starting this spring Frontier Airlines will start having non-stop flights to and from Branson, MO., Myrtle Beach, S.C. and Savannah GA.

Frontier says it will have introductory fares as low as $29 each way.

- - - - - -
Low-fare carrier, Frontier Airlines, will begin flying in June. The Denver-based carrier will offer nonstop flights to/from Denver International Airport. Flights are available for purchase now at flyfrontier.com with introductory fares as low as $29 each way.
- - - - - -
Tickets are available for purchase now at flyfrontier.com and service begins June 13, 2018.
- - - - - -
Flights are Monday, Wednesday and Saturday.

Here's RT June 13/June 20:

DEPARTING FLIGHTS
Denver to Branson
$28.30
June 13, 2018 3:30 PM

RETURNING FLIGHTS
Image for returning city
Branson to Denver
$23.80
June 20, 2018 7:05 PM

Subtotal: $52.10

Same reservation one day later, 2/9/18:

DEPARTING FLIGHTS
Denver to Branson
$68.30

RETURNING FLIGHTS
Branson to Denver
$73.80

Subtotal: $142.10

- - - - - -
Same Flights now, 2/19/18

Denver to Branson
$188.30

Branson to Denver
$113.80

Subtotal: $302.10

Last edited by NotJLB; 02-20-2018 at 10:43 AM.
Old 02-08-2018, 02:48 PM   #3
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotJLB View Post
DENVER - Starting this spring Frontier Airlines will start having non-stop flights to and from Branson, MO., Myrtle Beach, S.C. and Savannah GA.

- - - - - -
Low-fare carrier, Frontier Airlines, will begin flying in June. The Denver-based carrier will offer nonstop flights to/from Denver International Airport. Flights are available for purchase now at flyfrontier.com with introductory fares as low as $29 each way.
- - - - - -
Tickets are available for purchase now at flyfrontier.com and service begins June 13, 2018.
- - - - - -

DEPARTING FLIGHTS
Denver to Branson
$28.30

RETURNING FLIGHTS
Image for returning city
Branson to Denver
$23.80

WOW!! , be interesting to see what their every day price will be later, Hope they stick around...
Old 02-08-2018, 05:07 PM   #4
Chittlins

as it stands, this is only going to the first week of August. I hope they extend it or at least entertain the though of Nov and Dec service.

I hope now that they are going back to at least a hybrid model of what they were, they add some of the previous destinations served back. Since Southwest is gone, I'd hope they'd consider MCO at 3x weekly seasonally. No offense to the time share expert, that would be much better than Sanford and could attract families for booming NWA and growing Springfield.
Old 02-08-2018, 06:15 PM   #5
NotJLB
Super Ultra Member

To make it clear, at this time flights cannot be booked for dates past the first week in August.

I don't know if there is any explanation of why that is, like that they don't intend to offer the service after then, or that they just don't want to make reservations further out.

The fare shown previously is still available for Wed-to-Wed the first of August, but fares for Monday and Saturday then is $78 and $74 per leg.
- - - - - -
https://www.flyfrontier.com/
Old 02-09-2018, 08:40 AM   #6
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

"Low-fare carrier, Frontier Airlines, will begin flying in June. The Denver-based carrier will offer nonstop flights to/from Denver International Airport. Flights are available for purchase now at flyfrontier.com with introductory fares as low as $29 each way."
http://www.ky3.com/content/news/Fron...473390263.html

Last edited by Suselit; 02-09-2018 at 08:59 AM.
Old 02-09-2018, 09:38 AM   #7
Chittlins

From the second year of BKG's existence to just a few month's before their abrupt departure, Frontier was steadily growing in Branson. BKG was growing at a 20% clip per year when the carpet got pull out from underneath it. In Frontier's case, it truely was a change in their business model as the slashed Denver hub ops. They are now trending toward a mix of hub connections and point to point. I hope they go back to the old school milk runs and put a brief stop inBKG in between larger markets to fill up excess capacity. That is what Southwest was doing with the Chicago Houston and Dallas flights.
Old 02-09-2018, 10:57 AM   #8
jap114

Quote:

- - - - - -
- - - - - -
- - - - - -

DEPARTING FLIGHTS
Denver to Branson
$28.30

RETURNING FLIGHTS
Image for returning city
Branson to Denver
$23.80

Same reservation today, one day later:

DEPARTING FLIGHTS
Denver to Branson
$68.30

RETURNING FLIGHTS
Branson to Denver
$73.80

Subtotal: $142.10
Clear out your cookies between the two searches? Supposedly they (all travel related sites) will adjust the rates if they see multiple visits. It's been a few years, but I tried it and there seemed to be some truth to it...YMMV
Old 02-11-2018, 09:37 PM   #9
VictoriasMom
Ultra Member

Quote:
To make it clear, at this time flights cannot be booked for dates past the first week in August.

I don't know if there is any explanation of why that is, like that they don't intend to offer the service after then, or that they just don't want to make reservations further out.
- - - - - -
https://www.flyfrontier.com/

I saw on FB, probably the 4th post down in the comments section: "They have only posted flights thru August but they will be with us until at least November......its just not posted yet"

And also another announcement in a few weeks.

Last edited by VictoriasMom; 02-12-2018 at 03:44 PM. Reason: add info
Old 02-15-2018, 03:54 PM   #10
NotJLB
Super Ultra Member

There is an op ed by The Ole Seagull in the February 11 Branson Independent where he discusses the impact of this on Branson.
Old 02-16-2018, 10:22 PM   #11
Chittlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriasMom View Post
I saw on FB, probably the 4th post down in the comments section: "They have only posted flights thru August but they will be with us until at least November......its just not posted yet"

I'll put 5 bucks down on Sliver Airlines. NotJBL should know of them with his Florida time. They are ditching their Saabs for brand new ATR -42-600s with 46 seats and 33 inch seat pitch. They got 20 on the way. They, themselves teased BKG/MCO. BKG is on the outer limit on that planes range but they just announced Huntsville AL. I see a them tacling on BKG to that route 3x a week, maybe more. They also want to put a base in New Orleans so there's that. This isn't a charter for hire like Elite, Orange and the others but a small, legit airline.

You know what route I'd like to see, BKG/BNA/TYS. That's Branson- Nashville-Knoxville or replace Nashville with Memphis
Old 02-17-2018, 04:12 PM   #12
Chittlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriasMom View Post

Was that FLYBRANSON posting that? I'd want it to Jan 1st for Christmas Travel and SDC Lights. Then I can see it dropping off till May.

Last edited by Chittlins; 02-17-2018 at 04:15 PM.
Old 02-17-2018, 10:20 PM   #13
mikee

B k g

please tell me what B K G means. I am curious. I assume B means Branson, but what about the K and G Thanks in advance for an answer.
Old 02-18-2018, 04:45 PM   #14
LaJoe
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jap114 View Post
Clear out your cookies between the two searches? Supposedly they (all travel related sites) will adjust the rates if they see multiple visits. It's been a few years, but I tried it and there seemed to be some truth to it...YMMV
I have experienced this online rate "hikery." Very infuriating.
Old 02-19-2018, 02:26 PM   #15
VictoriasMom
Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chittlins View Post
Was that FLYBRANSON posting that? I'd want it to Jan 1st for Christmas Travel and SDC Lights. Then I can see it dropping off till May.
Yes, https://www.facebook.com/pg/FlyBrans...=page_internal

It is the Feb 8th post in the comments by someone named Kim.

Closed Thread