1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Dining

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2017, 03:26 PM   #1
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Breakfast this weekend?

Will be in town thursday afternoon.. Even though I am familar with Branson and the area... Looking for suggestions where to have breakfast, someplace different... Mom and Pop places?

Not the obvious....
Grand Country
Jackie B Goods
McFarlans
I-Hop
Cracker Barrel
Golden corral
Steal and Shake- NEVER
Billy Gails-closed
Old 12-27-2017, 06:03 PM   #2
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Branson's Center Stage serves up some great breakfast!
Old 12-27-2017, 06:09 PM   #3
Misfit
Registered Member

hungry hunter restaurant
Old 12-28-2017, 06:38 AM   #4
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransoncutie View Post
Branson's Center Stage serves up some great breakfast!
Another vote for BCS. Over the last few months I have seen their breakfast crowds increase and increase as word gets out about their breakfast.

Branson Show Reviews by SHOW GAL

http://BransonShowGal.wordpress.com/
Old 12-29-2017, 09:25 AM   #5
LynndaofNJ
Proud American Mom

Smile

If you ever feel like taking a short drive, I'd suggest trying Charlie's Café in Omaha, Arkansas. It has a very "down home" atmosphere. It's on Old Highway 65 (Route 14 East) just south of the Missouri /Arkansas state line.

Here's a review that I wrote and posted on Trip Advisor earlier this year: A friend and I had lunch here recently; we were both extremely impressed with this family-run restaurant where generous portions of delicious food are served at very reasonable prices. (Please note that credit cards are not accepted.) I recently had a grilled pork tenderloin with baked potato, green beans and tossed salad; the entire meal was tasty and well-prepared. The desserts are truly outstanding; my piece of coconut pie was delicious. My friend raved about her peach pie. Although we are not from the area, it was obvious that Charlie's Cafe is very popular with people who live locally. Omaha is a very small town that's just over the state line from Missouri; Charlie's is only about 5 minutes from Route 65 on Route 14 East.

Last edited by LynndaofNJ; 12-29-2017 at 10:21 AM. Reason: additional information
Old 12-30-2017, 10:13 PM   #6
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Hungry Hunter would be top of the list if they are open.
Old 01-22-2018, 09:13 AM   #7
LaJoe
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynndaofNJ View Post
If you ever feel like taking a short drive, I'd suggest trying Charlie's Café in Omaha, Arkansas. It has a very "down home" atmosphere. It's on Old Highway 65 (Route 14 East) just south of the Missouri /Arkansas state line.

Here's a review that I wrote and posted on Trip Advisor earlier this year: A friend and I had lunch here recently; we were both extremely impressed with this family-run restaurant where generous portions of delicious food are served at very reasonable prices. (Please note that credit cards are not accepted.) I recently had a grilled pork tenderloin with baked potato, green beans and tossed salad; the entire meal was tasty and well-prepared. The desserts are truly outstanding; my piece of coconut pie was delicious. My friend raved about her peach pie. Although we are not from the area, it was obvious that Charlie's Cafe is very popular with people who live locally. Omaha is a very small town that's just over the state line from Missouri; Charlie's is only about 5 minutes from Route 65 on Route 14 East.
Thanks for the tip. DW and I have started exploring the small towns near Branson at least one day a week during our yearly vacation. We will check that out. We used to stop at the fruit stand in Omaha on a regular basis before the road moved.
Old 01-23-2018, 05:45 AM   #8
kstater1997
Ultra Member

The Farmhouse in downtown Branson is a great place for breakfast.
Old 01-23-2018, 02:20 PM   #9
justgohogs

Clockers in Downtown (across the street and around the corner from Farmhouse) is awfully good, too.
Old 01-23-2018, 04:17 PM   #10
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstater1997 View Post
The Farmhouse in downtown Branson is a great place for breakfast.
Had the Farmhouse Special #2 Sunday morning when I left Branson. 2 eggs, ham steak (an honest 1/2" thick piece of ham!), taters, dollar hotcakes, or grits, (I chose the grits, and they were done perfectly), and a one of their giant biscuits with a bowl of sausage gravy. $9.95 + coffee, and tax resulted in a breakfast that kept me full 'till supper time gor arounf thirteen bucks.
Old 01-23-2018, 04:57 PM   #11
LaJoe
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
Had the Farmhouse Special #2 Sunday morning when I left Branson. 2 eggs, ham steak (an honest 1/2" thick piece of ham!), taters, dollar hotcakes, or grits, (I chose the grits, and they were done perfectly), and a one of their giant biscuits with a bowl of sausage gravy. $9.95 + coffee, and tax resulted in a breakfast that kept me full 'till supper time gor arounf thirteen bucks.
Have you run across anyplace in town that serves "sho nuff" salt-cured country ham?...
Old 01-23-2018, 08:10 PM   #12
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

Yep, Lamberts Cafe up at Ozark has salt cured ham on their menu.....along with their traditional bone in, center sliced ham...a completely different "animal", so to speak! Not really "in town", but usually considered close enough!
Old 01-23-2018, 10:50 PM   #13
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
Yep, Lamberts Cafe up at Ozark has salt cured ham on their menu.....along with their traditional bone in, center sliced ham...a completely different "animal", so to speak! Not really "in town", but usually considered close enough!
Yup, to quote their menu
"This ham is tough as a Drill Sergeant"

Closed Thread