1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Dining

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2017, 03:17 PM   #16
WireRoad

Don't forget that Gettin Basted also has The Downing Street Pour House in Hollister.
https://www.facebook.com/DSPourHouse/
Old 12-21-2017, 04:26 PM   #17
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
Maybe it depended on what you ordered. I never did the buffer, always ordered from the menu. They had awesome fried chicken. From the menu it was always fooked fresh to order.
I don't know that I talked to anyone who said they had the buffet. I just know that none of them were impressed.
Old 12-23-2017, 02:32 PM   #18
can'tcatchup
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
Maybe it depended on what you ordered. I never did the buffer, always ordered from the menu. They had awesome fried chicken. From the menu it was always fooked fresh to order.
I don’t remember exactly what I had; I probably tried to put it out of my mind. but it definitely was not the buffet! I don’t really do buffets, but I did look at it, and it didn’t look enticing to me.

Though my food was not great; it was not just the food that did not impress me about the place. However to end this post on a high note, the piece of pie that I had was very good!
Old 12-23-2017, 02:35 PM   #19
can'tcatchup
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransoncutie View Post
I don't know that I talked to anyone who said they had the buffet. I just know that none of them were impressed.
They certainly didn’t last very long (was it less than a year?), And they never seem to be very busy; so I guess there were more that felt the same way.
Old 12-29-2017, 11:05 PM   #20
gettinbasted

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanddunerider View Post
That is my understanding yes. I googled the address and thats what I came up with..

I didnt eat there alot, but every now and then. will miss it, AND the Cinnamon Rolls.!
Gettin’ Basted is moving to the Red Barn and we are targeting a February 9th reopening date. We love the theater, but the parking and lack of lights/signs necessitated the move. We’d love to see you all out at our new location and to get some feedback!

The Starlite location will be an express version of our Downing Street concept. That being the best burgers I know how to serve, house smoked pastrami, homemade soups and unique sandwiches. It’s been very popular down in Hollister and we think it will go over well on the strip. (Hollister will still have a larger menu complete with pub classics and higher end plates)

I’ve heard great things about Big D’s and I’m excited to go give it a try. BBQ is my passion, and as one poster said earlier, you can never have too many good places to get some Q. Maybe Branson will become a BBQ destination!
Old 12-30-2017, 09:40 AM   #21
OkieAnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinbasted View Post
Gettin’ Basted is moving to the Red Barn and we are targeting a February 9th reopening date. We love the theater, but the parking and lack of lights/signs necessitated the move. We’d love to see you all out at our new location and to get some feedback!

The Starlite location will be an express version of our Downing Street concept. That being the best burgers I know how to serve, house smoked pastrami, homemade soups and unique sandwiches. It’s been very popular down in Hollister and we think it will go over well on the strip. (Hollister will still have a larger menu complete with pub classics and higher end plates)

I’ve heard great things about Big D’s and I’m excited to go give it a try. BBQ is my passion, and as one poster said earlier, you can never have too many good places to get some Q. Maybe Branson will become a BBQ destination!
best of luck to you, really enjoyed our meal at your present location.
Old 01-01-2018, 06:18 PM   #22
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Did a drive by and Big D's apparantly closed for the season... Went to Basted for a last 2017 meal... Good stuff.! I am anxious to see them in their new 2018 location.. lots of seating and should be easier parking... ONLY draw back-- have to drive on 76 to get there.. I like using back roads and short cuts for access to different businesses.. It was great coming up behind starlit to get to their old location...\

had to laugh as i left starlite and headed toward roark... I found the Big d's truck sitting on a lot behind a building on the west side of the road.. looked parked for the season...
Old 01-02-2018, 02:24 PM   #23
VictoriasMom
Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanddunerider View Post
Did a drive by and Big D's apparantly closed for the season... .
NO, yesterday was a holiday and today they are closed due to the cold weather. They will post in the morning if they will be open tomorrow.

Always check their Facebook page as they do many catering events: https://www.facebook.com/pg/BestBran...=page_internal
Old 01-22-2018, 09:04 AM   #24
LaJoe
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinbasted View Post

My wife and I absolutely loved Gettin' Basted when we ate there last October. Keep up the good BBQ!

Closed Thread