1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Dining

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2017, 07:20 PM   #16
justgohogs

make no mistake, I'm a fan of Billy Gail's, but one of the reasons there are as many places to eat is because not everyone likes the same ones. no reason to be rude and/or disagreeable about it.
Old 11-13-2017, 07:59 AM   #17
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

There is another place similar to Billy Gail's. Better parking, but smaller inside. If you're there before 9:00 AM or so the wait isn't too long. Depending on the day, and the time of year it can be a straight walk in.
The food is all home made. Including the bread for the toast! The pancakes are nearly as big as Billy Gail's, but twice as thick. The omelettes are all three egg, and hanging over each end of a big oval plate with an equally large serving of real hash browns. No cryovac, commissary made "casserole" here! Plus thick toast made from home made bread. The eggs are always large, or extra large, and the bacon thick, and four slices instead of paper thin three slices like many chains.
Haven't tried them yet, but they also have home made cinnamon rolls that are huge, and I have heard very good.
No nation wide chain, cryovac commissary pre-made food delivered in big trucks with their logo on the side here. Just great, real, prepared fresh, honest home made food!
Where you ask? Well, to help keep down the crowds so we might not have an hour wait I'm not tellin'. If you're hungry you will just have to hunt for it your self!
Old 11-13-2017, 08:36 AM   #18
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
Just great, real, prepared fresh, honest home made food!
Where you ask? Well, to help keep down the crowds so we might not have an hour wait I'm not tellin'. If you're hungry you will just have to hunt for it your self!
Whoo hoo, I think I've got it rjw, or I should say, I've got it down to two possibilities.

It is either--
The Famished Fisherman or
The Starved Shooter
Old 11-13-2017, 05:21 PM   #19
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

I agree. When I am HUNGRY for breakfast, but do not feel like becoming a desperate HUNTER for parking, I will choose THAT place over Billy Gails every time! With the Farmhouse in second place....Billy Gails? Well, for me, it's a LONG way back...but yea, it is fun to take "first timers" to Branson to, just so they can experience eating in a cozy little old timey country "store" that small and rustic!
Old 11-15-2017, 07:55 AM   #20
Daydreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzrbkman View Post
We have ate breakfast at Billy Gail's a few times. It was very good but nothing special lMO, as the only thing that really stood out to me was the large portions served. The quality of the food did not stand out to me as better than most other restaurants that I have eaten breakfast at. We still prefer Cracker Barrel.
I agree! The atmosphere is unique and those pancakes are large enough to hang off the plate. That was enough to draw us back a second time before we realized the parking is very challenging, the wait can be quite long, and the food is just so so.
Old 11-17-2017, 02:25 PM   #21
maamaa2001
Ultra Member

Quote:
There is another place similar to Billy Gail's. Better parking, but smaller inside. If you're there before 9:00 AM or so the wait isn't too long. Depending on the day, and the time of year it can be a straight walk in.
The food is all home made. Including the bread for the toast! The pancakes are nearly as big as Billy Gail's, but twice as thick. The omelettes are all three egg, and hanging over each end of a big oval plate with an equally large serving of real hash browns. No cryovac, commissary made "casserole" here! Plus thick toast made from home made bread. The eggs are always large, or extra large, and the bacon thick, and four slices instead of paper thin three slices like many chains.
Haven't tried them yet, but they also have home made cinnamon rolls that are huge, and I have heard very good.
No nation wide chain, cryovac commissary pre-made food delivered in big trucks with their logo on the side here. Just great, real, prepared fresh, honest home made food!

Discovered that gem last year and it is my fave go to for breakfast! I don't have to HUNT for a parking place when I'm Hungry!
Old 11-18-2017, 01:54 PM   #22
Tams
Super Ultra Member

I enjoy Uptown Buffet Breakfast, I know most do not, but the price is good and so is the BACON!! ha ha!!

Let me breathe the air!!!!
Old 11-19-2017, 11:06 AM   #23
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tams View Post
I enjoy Uptown Buffet Breakfast, I know most do not, but the price is good and so is the BACON!! ha ha!!
Other than at some of the big national chains that serve the same, same, same from their commissary everywhere I have always had great bacon in Branson. Thick, smokey, and delicious.
I think great bacon and ham are a couple things that local Branson restaurants realize are necessary parts of the Ozark heritage.
Old 11-19-2017, 02:14 PM   #24
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
I eat there from time to time. they do have nice breakfast...
Old 11-19-2017, 08:25 PM   #25
Tams
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Other than at some of the big national chains that serve the same, same, same from their commissary everywhere I have always had great bacon in Branson. Thick, smokey, and delicious.
I think great bacon and ham are a couple things that local Branson restaurants realize are necessary parts of the Ozark heritage.
Bacon and their ham are awesome and so are the hash browns.....

Let me breathe the air!!!!
Old 11-19-2017, 10:40 PM   #26
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Bacon and their ham are awesome and so are the hash browns.....
I know their other meals are quite good. Might have to give them a try if I'm in the buffet mood, but not in the mood for the gigantic buffet at Grand Country.

Closed Thread