1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Outdoor Activities

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 10:50 PM   #1
amy129

Top of the Rock Review

We just got back from 5 fun days in Branson and I thought I would leave some reviews.

I don't know how long TOP of the ROCK has been around, but this is the first year we had heard of it. We enjoyed the golf cart tour and museum. The golf cart tour was amazing! I did not want that to end! My family enjoyed a 4 seater cart that was actually quite comfortable. The entire path was paved, making for a pretty smooth ride. The path wound around the scenic hills showing great views of Table Rock lake, interesting rock formations, cool caves, and breathtaking waterfalls! The views were spectacular! There were a few places to stop along the path to get out and take pictures. This was a self-guided tour and we could pretty much go at our own pace. I think we ended up taking about an hour.

Once this golf cart tour was finished, we took a shuttle to the museum. You can drive there, but it's valet parking only for $10. The shuttle is free. The first thing you see entering the museum is a wooly mammoth skeleton. My 14 year old was amazed by this. We looked around at the views of the lake, golf course, and sinkhole before going down to the museum. This museum is HUGE!!! It's all under ground and covers the history of the Ozarks... a lot of arrowheads, old pottery, photos, clothing... prehistoric animals, native americans, and civil war information with cannons, clothing, etc. There were some really neat old canoes made from trunks that were very very old. I think we spent about 1 1/2 in the museum... maybe a bit more. It is self-guided and you can browse at your own pace.

The tour and museum were both great, but we especially enjoyed the tour. We want to go back and do it again in the fall when the leaves are turning colors. The shuttle then took us back to where our car was parked. We then drove to the Big Cedar Lodge... and it was very beautiful with great views, but we found the resort to be very congested and hard to get around it. We were meeting people on a very narrow road. They were going the wrong way. I think if we had taken more time to hang around there, it may have been better. It looks like a beautiful place to stay though.
Old 07-29-2017, 07:56 AM   #2
amy129

Thank you for the information. Maybe because we aren't golfers is why we over looked it. Since my son and husband love history, the museum is what I first noticed in a brochure somewhere. That led us to the golf cart tour through the hills.
Old 07-29-2017, 09:32 AM   #3
KJN
Super Ultra Member

Thanks for your review. In all the years we've vacationed in Branson, this is one place we've never seen. Sounds very interesting.
Old 07-29-2017, 02:55 PM   #4
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Is Top of the Rock a different place than Dogwood Canyon?
Old 07-29-2017, 03:28 PM   #5
atractor49

After Ozarks National, and Payne's Valley, will Johnny be done with golf courses? Other than TGR's nine holer, of course.
Old 07-29-2017, 04:19 PM   #6
atractor49

Not a golfer, but I am interested in earth moving and landscape design. I find many golf courses to be quite beautiful.
Old 07-29-2017, 04:32 PM   #7
atractor49

BTW, the company that is building the Gary Player course has some recent photos of it up on their Facebook page. Looks pretty nice.
Old 07-29-2017, 04:51 PM   #8
NotJLB
Retired Seasonal Worker

Quote:
Originally Posted by atractor49 View Post
I find many golf courses to be quite beautiful.
I've stood on many tees and said, "It couldn't be more beautiful than this."

"The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is."
Winston Churchill
Old 07-29-2017, 07:45 PM   #9
craftemp
Ultra Member

Thanks for the info and for the article. I will be staying at Paradise Point in November...We usually stay down closer to the action but thought this would be a nice change. Looking forward to visiting Top of the Rock
Old 07-29-2017, 07:49 PM   #10
VictoriasMom
Ultra Member

I have not done the tour at Top of the Rock yet but looking forward to going this fall.

I know this is a little off topic but in the same area, but we drove thru Big Cedar today and saw a new building: http://www.bigcedar.com/activities/fun-center-en.html

The name on the building caught my eye: Uncle Bucks Fishbowl & Grill.

Looks like a really cool place! Anybody been?
Old 07-30-2017, 01:39 PM   #11
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriasMom View Post
I have not done the tour at Top of the Rock yet but looking forward to going this fall.

I know this is a little off topic but in the same area, but we drove thru Big Cedar today and saw a new building: http://www.bigcedar.com/activities/fun-center-en.html

The name on the building caught my eye: Uncle Bucks Fishbowl & Grill.

Looks like a really cool place! Anybody been?
would that be the new bowling alley, indoor kids center. I forget what all is in there.....
Old 07-31-2017, 02:47 PM   #12
VictoriasMom
Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanddunerider View Post
would that be the new bowling alley, indoor kids center. I forget what all is in there.....
Yup, 16 lanes of bowling, 4000 sq ft arcade, billiards, laser tag, bumper cars, climbing wall, golf simulator, something Nascar, Nature Discovery area.

I want to go back & check it out....Fun Mountain.

Uncle Bucks Grill....$$$
Old 07-31-2017, 03:09 PM   #13
otterchaos

We're going at the end of the week. I'm really excited about the cave tour!

Closed Thread