1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Outdoor Activities

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 06:47 AM   #1
flyfishinggolfer

Taneycomo wade fishing

The water was down all weekend. On NY Day, I had my wife drop me off at the dam and I waded and hiked all the way back to Pointe Royale. Fishing was OK, but not the catch 50 fish days I am used to. I stuck to streamer fishing the entire trip to work on my casting into the stiff Easterly wind. My best fishing was between the MDC boat ramp and Trophy Run club house where the trout seemed to stack up. My most productive fly to that point was a Tiger Tail. When I got to the light brown gravel that stretched from the bank towards the Trophy Run bill board (btw, can someone tear that down, please?) I switched to an all grizzly hackle with brown body wooly to match the bottom. It was a great success. I noticed the fish rarely dimpled or leaped the entire trip down stream. Just FYI for us wade fishers.

Fly
Old 01-03-2017, 01:47 PM   #2
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Wish I would have known you were there. You could have stopped by our OzarkAnglers.com New Year's Day get together at the pavilion. Great food with deer chili, jambalaya, marinated chicken wings, and 'seahorses" (bacon and jalapeno wrapped shrimp). Lots of trout talk as well.
Old 01-04-2017, 12:02 AM   #3
flyfishinggolfer

Ozark Anglers

So that was your group! I walked right through the pavillion and saw the food being cooked. Looked delicious!

Fly
Old 01-04-2017, 08:03 AM   #4
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Stop by if you are there next year. Better yet, join up at OzarkAnglers.com. Lots of great people on that forum that share their passion for fishing, and information to help others. More information, and experiences are always welcome and appriciated.
A good number of wading buggy whip guys, many who are regulars in the area you fished.
Just don't pay much attention to that Gatorjet guy!
Old 01-05-2017, 06:09 AM   #5
flyfishinggolfer

I will check it out.

Closed Thread