1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Just for Chit Chat

Old 04-15-2012, 01:02 PM   #1
LynndaofNJ
Proud American Mom

Smile Hello from Scotland Day 3

I spent the day taking a ferry to 2 very remote islands: Tiree and Coll. I didn't get off the boat at all; from what I saw, there really didn't seem to be much there except rocks and a few cottages. There were certainly no trees.

It took about 3 1/2 hours to get to the first island and another 45 minutes to get to the second. On board were 3 boys who were playing Titanic. Playing Titanic consists of running around the boat yelling, "All hands on deck. Abandon ship! Man the lifeboats.!" Of course, they disembarked at the second stop. Their father pretended to be unconscious. Their mother wasn't on the boat; I'm betting that she's under continuous sedation somewhere far, far away. This game lasted the entire time they were aboard; in my opinion, it lost its charm after about the first 2 minutes.
LynndaofNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:16 PM   #2
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

Good to hear that Scotland has unruly kids too.
I took a 4 hour flight not long ago, and for 4 hours, the unruly child behind me kicked the seat and screamed at his parents, who had no idea what to do.....I almost told them, but erring on the side of ''keeping my mouth shut'' was probably better.

Enjoy )))
Cheesecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:43 PM   #3
LynndaofNJ
Proud American Mom

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
Good to hear that Scotland has unruly kids too.
I took a 4 hour flight not long ago, and for 4 hours, the unruly child behind me kicked the seat and screamed at his parents, who had no idea what to do.....I almost told them, but erring on the side of ''keeping my mouth shut'' was probably better.

Enjoy )))
I sure that the parents would have resented your advice.

I have to admit that their Scottish brogues did make all of their commotion sound much more authentic!
LynndaofNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:35 PM   #4
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynndaofNJ View Post
I spent the day taking a ferry to 2 very remote islands: Tiree and Coll. I didn't get off the boat at all; from what I saw, there really didn't seem to be much there except rocks and a few cottages. There were certainly no trees.

It took about 3 1/2 hours to get to the first island and another 45 minutes to get to the second. On board were 3 boys who were playing Titanic. Playing Titanic consists of running around the boat yelling, "All hands on deck. Abandon ship! Man the lifeboats.!" Of course, they disembarked at the second stop. Their father pretended to be unconscious. Their mother wasn't on the boat; I'm betting that she's under continuous sedation somewhere far, far away. This game lasted the entire time they were aboard; in my opinion, it lost its charm after about the first 2 minutes.
I am always amazed when parents think what their "little darlings" are doing, is amusing to others. We go out to eat quite frequently and observe parents talking to each other as their kids are yelling at each other. How selfish not to realize that the rest of us would like to enjoy a nice quiet meal. Thank goodness I don't like fast food as I'm sure those places are even worse.

Wish you wouldn't have had that annoyance to deal with. Can't understand parents today. One of the most difficult things about being in the daycare business, is not telling a parent they need to discipline their kids. I have very few problems with my daycare youngsters, and no, I don't beat them, because they know what is allowed and what is not allowed. When mom or dad appears at the door, the "monster" kicks in.

Branson Show Reviews by SHOW GAL

http://BransonShowGal.wordpress.com/
SHOW GAL is offline   Reply With Quote