1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Outdoor Activities

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 04:11 PM   #1
NotJLB
Super Ultra Member

Golf

LedgeStone and Payne Stewart are in great shape. I suspect the others are too.

We played the new tee setting at PS today, 5877, and it is sweet!
Old 04-11-2012, 04:27 PM   #2
NotJLB
Super Ultra Member

Today it was LedgeStone.

Beautiful day, great guys, great golf, nice lunch.

Last edited by NotJLB; 05-03-2012 at 09:46 AM.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:11 AM   #3
flyfish1

5877 yards ? wow , thats pitch and putt . what is it from the tips ?
Old 05-03-2012, 09:48 AM   #4
NotJLB
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotJLB View Post
Today it was LedgeStone.

Beautiful day, great guys, great golf, nice lunch.
Same yesterday, with the same comment someone always makes somewhere along Roark Creek, this time on the 6th tee:

"Wow! How could you not buy something here, and do this every day!!! This is beautiful!"
- - - - -
I noticed the whites there are also 5800. The tees just about everyone plays at the course I was at in Florida is 5800. LedgeStone is sloped 122 and the one Florida 129.

A hole doesn't have to be long to be tough. I had a 10 on a relatively short hole last year. Know why? . . . Cuz I one-putted.

Last edited by NotJLB; 05-03-2012 at 09:52 AM.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:45 AM   #5
JoseyWales2
Super Ultra Member

I can shoot par golf and my son shoots 7 under on a regular basis. He was in the top 50 in college but i still dont understand the draw to do it over and over and over. just me..sorry. I loved the green grass and the settings and water and all that but the costs and the same thing over and over got boring to me.

everyone wants me to play with them and of course they use son for a ringer on teams with his business, but both of us just dont see how a person can waste so much time doing it.

NOT MAD, just saying. of course i fish 24-7 and its the same thing. some ppl dont like that and dont get it. diff strokes...diff folks...

golf is so expensive and wastes so much water that is an issue with me. when denver and las vegas and palm springs are so short on water yet can water thousands of golf courses, something is wrong.

we will use it til it is all gone. colorado only has 39% of normal snow this year so its gonna be a long dry summer. rivers will run low low or dry up, the colorado will not have water for nevada and california, lake powell will be drained down to record lows if not gone and restoring all that is hard to come by.

yet we water water water grass that has no use to mankind. then complain when there isnt enuff or the costs increases. same everywhere we go. Wish you could send that floodwater to the west altho even all the floodwater would be like a drop in a huge ocean as to what is used.

One center pivot of corn in the west uses 93 million gallons of water. A golf course used more than that yearly. what a waste of a limited resourse. kk
Old 05-04-2012, 03:02 PM   #6
NotJLB
Super Ultra Member

Wow! There's nothing you can't do!
Old 05-04-2012, 03:11 PM   #7
NotJLB
Super Ultra Member

Back to the man-boy flaunt about short tees.

I hear that all the time, and the USGA is trying to counter all this long-drive hype from the young guns on the tour.

Nothing screws up the smooth operation of golf course for all later tee times on a day than a group who should never, ever consider playing the tips playing the tips. And nothing frustrates a golfer more than playing the wrong tees.

TEE IT FORWARD:

http://www.playgolfamerica.com/index...n=teeitforward

I see this happening this year in Branson and I see a lot more happy golfers. It's good for business.

Go play Payne Stewart from orange or combo and see how well you do, or don't.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:12 PM   #8
JoseyWales2
Super Ultra Member

Lucky to have been a natural athlete honestly. And yes, seems like i have done it all.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:15 PM   #9
flyfish1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotJLB View Post
Back to the man-boy flaunt about short tees.

I hear that all the time, and the USGA is trying to counter all this long-drive hype from the young guns on the tour.

Nothing screws up the smooth operation of golf course for all later tee times on a day than a group who should never, ever consider playing the tips playing the tips. And nothing frustrates a golfer more than playing the wrong tees.

TEE IT FORWARD:

http://www.playgolfamerica.com/index...n=teeitforward

I see this happening this year in Branson and I see a lot more happy golfers. It's good for business.

Go play Payne Stewart from orange or combo and see how well you do, or don't.
Well I've been involved in the golf business for about 30 years now. spent 16 at a private club so I'm aware of tee placements and those who should be on them. 5800 is 5800, I think thats about the length from the ladies tee's on the course I grew up on. But on a public or a resort course its about gettin folks through the round without it taking 6 hours. There will always a group on the back tee's who "want to see the whole course" but couldn't break a egg. .. that's why you have marshalls.
Hey, whatever it takes if you have to drop it at the 150 dot and play it in from there... By the way I'm sure you know the USGA does not run the Tour .

Last edited by flyfish1; 05-09-2012 at 03:35 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:34 PM   #10
NotJLB
Super Ultra Member

Played from the forward tees at Payne Stewart today.

Fun round . . . didn't take 6 hours.

But the four ladies from OKC who started in front of us might have. Lotsa folks aren't used to all our hills.

It's nice to be around folks that know a lot about a lot.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:39 PM   #11
NotJLB
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfish1 View Post
.. that's why you have marshalls..
Oh, that's it. I thought marshalls were just something to bitch about.

http://www.1branson.com/forum/showth...+Pointe+Royale
Old 05-09-2012, 03:42 PM   #12
NotJLB
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfish1 View Post
But on a public or a resort course its about gettin folks through the round without it taking 6 hours. .
So, am I deducing right, that you were "at" a private course with 6 hour rounds.

I'm surprised you had any members, as I've never met one that would tolerate that.

The only 6 hour rounds I've ever seen were here in Branson.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:59 PM   #13
flyfish1

You might want to read that again , I said the idea is to get people through without it taking 6 hours. I was paired with a couple guys in branson that took 3 hours and 18 topflites to play 9 at thousand hills. now thats a short golf course

Last edited by flyfish1; 05-09-2012 at 04:04 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:41 PM   #14
NotJLB
Super Ultra Member

Well, anyway, Payne Stewart and LedgeStone are in great shape, and I suspect others are, too.

Of course, the enjoyment of your round may depend on who are paired with.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:09 AM   #15
JoseyWales2
Super Ultra Member

I guess the popularity of golf, fishing, hunting and other activities can be probably most tied to the amount of free time ppl have now. Years past, ppl worked far into their old age and of course, a 65 yr old man was considered old then. Now ppl have money and time and so they have to find games to fill that void.

i am the same so no criticism other than this post is correct. If you are going to play, long slow play can ruin a day. i dont play well when delayed as there is a pace that seems to be most productive. It was that way when I played in college and still seems that way when I play several times a year in tournaments. if the ppl in front of you cause you to stand around, you lose your focus and rythym and you just dont play that well.

again, whatever floats your boat but at my age, i find golf a colassal waste of time. fishing however..........hah....

Closed Thread